Justin Timberlake Tour

2»

Comments

• TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    abibble wrote: »
    Was supposed to go Monday but couldn't. I have tickets for Oslo but have no one to go with :(. Will be on my own haha

I know somebody who went on their own and they had a great time. :)
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I saw him in Manchester last Tuesday and had a fantastic time. I couldn't take my eyes off him for a second, seriously. He was just brilliant.

Me and my mate were walking towards the arena going 'why's he got a 10 minute interval, lazy bastard!' but damn he deserved it. I swear that was the only time he actually left the stage, and when he was on stage he didn't stop moving for a second.

All of the songs were brilliant too. I definately agree with the reviews who say his 20/20 stuff comes alive on stage - it really does. I was never a fan of 'Tunnel Vision' but it was stuck in my head solid after the show. The weakest part of the whole show for me was the opening song (Pusher Love Girl), the rest was just incredible. :D:D
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Well I never managed to get tickets in the end so I'm very jealous of you all, but very happy you had a good time & he lived up to your expectations :D
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had 20/20 experience pt2 on non stop repeat since the show. I really think it's his best work to date. Amnesia, murder, you got it on, drink you away , only when
    I walk away. All Bloomin amazing. Roll on June 10th!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I haven't really listened to part 2 . I must as liked the first part. The second one didn't produce any hits unfortunately but then that doesn't say much with what gets to number one these days! He really has grown as an artist! Last year I saw his show! Was brilliant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pt2 is much more like futuresex/lovesounds. It's much darker. Well worth a listen !
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He really has come good. Probably wouldn't have thought to go and see him, but after seeing him on R1s live lounge last year definitely would. Just incredible:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3bHjEP5et8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    He really has come good. Probably wouldn't have thought to go and see him, but after seeing him on R1s live lounge last year definitely would. Just incredible:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3bHjEP5et8

Yeah the fabulous Amnesia is on that too! (odd, after watching that vid couldn't find it, but it is here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI_0aY_qtGs )
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end of amnesia is just serene. I saw him live at wireless last year. My friend and I pushed our way through sweaty people to be nearer to him. He was so damn good!
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I saw him in Manchester last Tuesday and had a fantastic time. I couldn't take my eyes off him for a second, seriously. He was just brilliant.

Me and my mate were walking towards the arena going 'why's he got a 10 minute interval, lazy bastard!' but damn he deserved it. I swear that was the only time he actually left the stage, and when he was on stage he didn't stop moving for a second.

All of the songs were brilliant too. I definately agree with the reviews who say his 20/20 stuff comes alive on stage - it really does. I was never a fan of 'Tunnel Vision' but it was stuck in my head solid after the show. The weakest part of the whole show for me was the opening song (Pusher Love Girl), the rest was just incredible. :D:D

Agreed! Saw him at the Hydro in Glasgow, he was absolutely superb. Love watching him on stage :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    went to see him at the 02. he was so sexy
    Forum Member
    I hope he doesn't leave it so long to make another album and tour again - hopefully all these sold out shows will inspire him to be quicker!

I'm seeing him again at V Fest which I can't wait for. One of the main things I'm looking forward to is hearing his fantastic band and singers again though - they are amazing musicians especially because JT's songs are so produced and detailed, it's amazing to hear them live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was amazing again tonight. He didn't do 'cabaret' which was disappointing though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you're all watching

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/justin-timberlake

It's streaming live NOW :)
    Forum Member
    I've tried watching but it keeps buffering so I've given up.

I saw him again at V Fest on Sunday night and he was just as incredible even though he's been on tour since last November. Such a fantastic performance from him and the TN kids, I feel so lucky to have seen him twice this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TR252 wrote: »
    I've tried watching but it keeps buffering so I've given up.

I saw him again at V Fest on Sunday night and he was just as incredible even though he's been on tour since last November. Such a fantastic performance from him and the TN kids, I feel so lucky to have seen him twice this year.

ahh keep trying! It's amazing :) His energy is amazing considering, as you say, how long he's been doing this set now!!

I've seen him every time he's toured in London and this current concert tour is definitely his best so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just noticed he hasn't got the "movable stage" set up! Be interesting to see if they do "groove get in"...
    Forum Member
    It's still not working properly :( maybe I can watch it back tomorrow or something?

I'm not sure he's had that stage for a while? He seems to be doing a bit of a festival tour at the moment and maybe logistically getting the whole stage to Iceland for one night was out of the question?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TR252 wrote: »
    It's still not working properly :( maybe I can watch it back tomorrow or something?

I'm not sure he's had that stage for a while? He seems to be doing a bit of a festival tour at the moment and maybe logistically getting the whole stage to Iceland for one night was out of the question?

I'm sure it'll be available agAin. Oh I do hope so !!!!!

He's just on lovestoned at the moment. I'm so glad I have 150mb broadband !!!!
    Forum Member
    kyresa wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll be available agAin. Oh I do hope so !!!!!

He's just on lovestoned at the moment. I'm so glad I have 150mb broadband !!!!

Concerts online seem to be available after for a limited time these days so fingers crossed!!

I was saying this to a friend the other day - I remember coming away from a Beyoncé gig in London last year thinking although she's not my favourite that was the most polished and amazing performance I've ever seen. After seeing JT, i think he's even better - he's so polished but at the same time he's not. He doesn't act like a robot and he had a great interaction with both his bands, dancers and audience. Amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh cry me a river. Goose bumps every time. He did the rock version of this on the futuresexlovesounds tour. Ammmaaazziiinnnggggg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Available for 24 hrs apparently.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Ta for the link! This time last week.:cry:
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very envious of you guys who got to see him this year.

I saw him at the 02 for the Future Sex Love Sounds Tour in 2007.

Had VIP tickets, sat up at this bar right in front of the stage with Will I Am and Black Eyed Peas sitting next to us as Fergie was supporting!' JT did Where Is the Love with the BIP as well.

It was an amazing gig, Timbaland came on as well - JT is such a talented musician & performer & he seems to just get better with age!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted I haven't gotten to see him on this tour, knowing JT we probably won't get another one for 6-7 years, if at all.

Saw him on the FutureSex tour twice and he is an incredible performer, I could watch him for hours and hours. As someone said above, his interaction with the crowd and his band is great and he's just a funny person. I know it obviously wasn't a tour but his VMA set last year really showed what he is about and his festival sets that I've seen in full are brilliant too.

I hope we get another album and tour in the next couple of years but I'm not holding much hope. I mean ultimately, I would like an NSYNC reunion tour but I know that's not going to happen.

Saw someone mentioned Beyonce earlier, a joint tour from both of them would be fantastic. I posted a 'dream' setlist of a tour from Jay-Z, Beyoncé and JT but Jay could be replaced by a section for their respective group days with NSYNC & Destiny's Child.

Legends Of Summer II
    Justin Timberlake, Jay Z, Beyoncé

Justin Timberlake
    * Like I Love You
    * Rock Your Body/Señorita
    * Sexyback
    * My Love
    * What Goes Around
    * Take Back The Night
    * Mirrors
    * Suit & Tie (with Jay-Z)

Jay Z
    * Holy Grail (with Justin Timberlake)
    * Izzo (H.O.V.A)
    * Excuse Me Miss
    * 99 Problems
    * Hard Knock Life
    * Empire State Of Mind
    * N****s In Paris
    * 03 Bonnie & Clyde (with Beyoncé)

Beyonce
    * Déjà Vu (a capella, Jay Z rap only)/Crazy In Love (with Jay-Z)
    * Baby Boy/Naughty Girl
    * Irreplaceable
    * If I Were A Boy
    * XO
    * Until The End Of Time (with Justin)
    * Drunk In Love/Run The World
    * Single Ladies

Encore
    * Ain't Nothin Like The Real Thing (Justin & Beyonce)
    * Cry Me A River (Justin)
    * Halo (Beyoncé)
    * Run This Town (Jay Z, Justin & Beyonce)