Which nation in Europe is the most indigenous?

THRTHR Posts: 9,808
Forum Member
The silly treads about the BNP made me think how young a nation Britain really is. The Anglo-Saxons make up the vast majority of the population and they have live din this country for 1500 years or so.

So, despite the general thought that Britain is an old nation, that is wrong. What is then the oldest nation in Europe?

I'd say the Basques, or the Sami-people in the North of Sweden,Norway and Finland.

All others have come from somewhere else during the later millenia.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Celts of course. *looks down south at the ex-Frenchies*
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THR wrote: »
    The silly treads about the BNP made me think how young a nation Britain really is. The Anglo-Saxons make up the vast majority of the population and they have live din this country for 1500 years or so.

So, despite the general thought that Britain is an old nation, that is wrong. What is then the oldest nation in Europe?

I'd say the Basques, or the Sami-people in the North of Sweden,Norway and Finland.

All others have come from somewhere else during the later millenia.

You say nation then give examples of minority groups
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greece maybe or Macedonia in one form or another.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. I was comparing the white % in different European nations the other day and we're around average, maybe slightly 'whiter' than average. I think Italy was one of the 'whitest'.

I'm no history expert, but wouldn't the Scandinavian countries have relatively unchanged populations?
  • THRTHR Posts: 9,808
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    You say nation then give examples of minority groups

I think Finns are a rather long-standing nation in their country and not a minority group.
  • GlastonGlaston Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceland or Finland, maybe Greenland.