The All Purpose Rugby Union Thread (P2)

Comments

• eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I did the same with Olympic tickets, would have cost me the best part of a grand if I'd got the lot. In the end I only got about £150 worth.

I've applied for the England game in Manchester and England-Australia at Twickenham.

I've applied for two at Newcastle. South Africa vs Scotland and New Zealand vs Tonga.

I'll be happy with either of them.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    RFU defends new 'one year only' kits

I kinda like the red strip. Probably will get one next week, when they're out.

No point getting the home kit though, I can see why people would be annoyed at the short term nature of the kit's usage.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sensoria wrote: »
    I just applied for £1200 worth of tickets.........in the hope that I get a third of what I have applied for.......I am slightly frightened if I get all of my allocation I will be broke for a year.......

I've gone for the four games @ Gloucester and the first Quarter-final @ Millennium. Two tickets for each game and that still comes to the best part of £500!!!

The games @ Gloucester are currently rates as "medium" demand, for two of the games you can order up to 15 so I hope to get tickets for at least two those two and the game @ Millennium, which is likely to be All Blacks v Ireland or France, is only currently seeing "low" demand!

It has changed a lot since the last RWC game @ Kingsholm when the ABs played USA, tickets were very easy to get!
    Forum Member
    It is done on a ballot basis, not first come, first served. So if you apply for tickets today or wait a week you should still have the same chance of getting the tickerts you want. :)
    sensoria wrote: »
    I just applied for £1200 worth of tickets.........in the hope that I get a third of what I have applied for.......I am slightly frightened if I get all of my allocation I will be broke for a year.......
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I did the same with Olympic tickets, would have cost me the best part of a grand if I'd got the lot. In the end I only got about £150 worth.

I've applied for the England game in Manchester and England-Australia at Twickenham.
    I've applied for two at Newcastle. South Africa vs Scotland and New Zealand vs Tonga.

I'll be happy with either of them.

I've gone for some obvious big matches, chances are I won't get any. It'll cost me over £500 if I get all mine.

Sun, 20 Sep 16:45 New Zealand v Argentina
    Sat, 3 Oct 20:00 England v Australia
    Sun, 4 Oct 16:45 Ireland v Italy
    Wed, 7 Oct 16:45 South Africa v USA
    Sat, 10 Oct 16:45 Australia v Wales

I decided against the "next best price" option, don't think I could afford all those category A games :p
    Forum Member
    Toulon may terminate Halfpenny's contract

It seems unlikely but I suppose they could cut their losses if need be.
    Forum Member
    Change to the play offs for Champions Cup

This seems more convoluted than last season
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    Change to the play offs for Champions Cup

This seems more convoluted than last season

Seems ridiculous to me, why should another Pro12 team get a shot at it?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,293
    Forum Member
    London Welsh clearly lack fitness - 2nd week in a row they have shipped points late on having been in the game.

Mind you I guess that's better than not being in one at all...
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,293
    Forum Member
    Wasps moving to Coventry - be a congested area rugby wise then!

http://www.espn.co.uk/premiership-2014-15/rugby/story/243175.html
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting situation developing in tonight's Zebre v Ospreys match.

Dan Biggar suffered a head bump early in the match. He went off for a HIA (head injury assessment) and was replaced by Sam Davies. The latest IRB concussion protocol dictates that any replacement on for the duration of a concussion assessment cannot kick a goal. Sam Davies has just slotted a penalty. This means either

1) Dan Biggar cannot come back on and has been SUBSTITUTED, not replaced.
    2) Sam Davies and the Ospreys have just committed an act contrary to the IRB law.

We'll see how it goes. (BBC 2 Wales, live now)

Incidentally this shows how ridiculous this rule is - that through no fault of their own, the Ospreys are penalised by not having a kicker on the field? I guess it prevents abuse of the rule somewhat, but surely if there's enough evidence to mandate a HIA then surely they should be allowed to replace like-for-like?

EDIT : Just been confirmed that Biggar is OK, but off for the duration (73 minutes)
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to watch the ABs go down to the Boks with a last minute penalty. :p
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Wasps moving to Coventry - be a congested area rugby wise then!

http://www.espn.co.uk/premiership-2014-15/rugby/story/243175.html

Coventry move confirmed by Wasps

Terrible decision and a kick in the teeth for us fans, sad day for the club.

I can't believe there weren't viable alternatives based in London, even if it meant ground sharing with a Non-Premier League side.
  • THFC23THFC23 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when we'll know find out if applications for world cup tickets have been successful?
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coventry move confirmed by Wasps

Terrible decision and a kick in the teeth for us fans, sad day for the club.

I can't believe there weren't viable alternatives based in London, even if it meant ground sharing with a Non-Premier League side.

Agree, I hold Wasps accountable for a lot of this though. They've continued to refer to themselves as London Wasps even playing in High Wycombe... I get it, there is history there but they need to suck it up and either get a stadium in London, or as you say, share. Plenty of options available. It never felt like a home to them there and the attendance records speak for themselves. That said I imagine it's not easy in London. London Irish will likely go the same way in the next 5 years.
    Forum Member
    Armitage heading back to Premiership?

Hmm this has come out of nowhere, I guess his bluff to try to play for France didn't work.

It seems the whole qualification criteria wasn't as simple as just getting a French passport. :)
    Forum Member
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm this has come out of nowhere, I guess his bluff to try to play for France didn't work.

It seems the whole qualification criteria wasn't as simple as just getting a French passport. :)

Sadly looks like a non-starter. The French door slammed shut pretty quick as soon as the media raised it, which I think is for the good of the game. He'll be on a huge salary and surely the teams have all but filled their caps for this year, and with Bath just bringing Burgess in I'm amazed they thought they could do it. Shame as I'd like to have seen what he can do at International level... great club player, in fact amazing... but I'm not sure I'd be so quick to replace Robshaw, Wood or Morgan/Billy given how we've done very well over the last 2 years.
  • sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    London Welsh clearly lack fitness - 2nd week in a row they have shipped points late on having been in the game.

Mind you I guess that's better than not being in one at all...

any team that signs piri weepu is clearly not worried about fitness as he has to be the least fit 9 to ever play the game. One breakdown out of three he actually gets to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member

Looks like a non starter. There was never any guarantee he could walk into the England side anyway. The guys who have been busting their guts out for the last few years would hardly take kindly to someone being just handed a place in the side. Same goes for Sam Burgess.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    THFC23 wrote: »
    Anyone know when we'll know find out if applications for world cup tickets have been successful?

we found out at the weekend We got England v Wales and Wales V Australia, both at Twickenham. Big fat credit card bill:o How did anyone else get on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    we found out at the weekend We got England v Wales and Wales V Australia, both at Twickenham. Big fat credit card bill:o How did anyone else get on?

I got bugger all. Glad your happy and in no way is it your fault but think it would have been fairer if you got one match and your other match went to someone else with nothing. Seems people like me got nothing whilst others got 5 or 6 games in some cases.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I got bugger all. Glad your happy and in no way is it your fault but think it would have been fairer if you got one match and your other match went to someone else with nothing. Seems people like me got nothing whilst others got 5 or 6 games in some cases.

I know what you mean.think we'll probably put the wales aus back in the draw if thats possible. Never really expected to get more than one lot
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »

Well done ....... and lucky you! :)

I got the 'Sorry you've been unsuccessful'. Never mind though, it's all on the tv, will have to put the sound on mute if Barnes is on the mic!! :(:D

I did think the prices were very high though. These days I'm sure they take us all for suckers, who will pay any price for tickets. I would have paid if I had been fortunate to get tickets, but they were still over the top considering it is only an hour and a 20 minutes of rugby!!

Hope they are great matches ........ and Wales win!! :D
    Forum Member
    I got nowt too, probably should have gone for the flexible 'if price not available try next one up', but I feared getting a massive bill for my tickets

Oh well will try and see if more become available later, failing that I'll be stuck in front of television watching.