Roku box can't find 4OD

justjaxjustjax Posts: 937
Forum Member
✭✭
So I have two Roku boxes, one Roku LT and a. New Roku 1. Added 4OD earlier to the older LT box and just come downstairs to add it to the Roku 1 and it's not showing anywhere in the channel store (not under new or film and tv). Have checked for system update and it's up to date and even tried switching off at the mains and rebooting and nothing. Very odd. Anyone got any thoughts?

Comments

• justjaxjustjax Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay so I've done a power cycle, system reboot (via hidden menu) and even a factory restore and it's still not showing the 4OD channel in the channel store. Does anyone else have a Roku 1? Can you confirm 4OD is in the channel store.
  • justjaxjustjax Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update for anyone else that might have the same issues.

From my live chat with Roku.

"Regarding your concern, I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. It seems 4OD is still not available on the Roku 1 and Roku 2 models. It seems the developer of the said channel has not yet added the newer models to support their channel. Not to worry, should there be any updates regarding this we will surely let you know. Rest assured that we are working closely with the developer to have this channel be made available the soonest time possible."

So basically its on the LT, XS and apparently Roku 3, but not 1 and 2. Very annoying! >:( Hope they rectify this ASAP.
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justjax wrote: »
    Okay so I've done a power cycle, system reboot (via hidden menu) and even a factory restore and it's still not showing the 4OD channel in the channel store. Does anyone else have a Roku 1? Can you confirm 4OD is in the channel store.

I raised this some time back in this discussion

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1914271
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    From looking at their compatibility matrix, I suspect they have tied their channel to the subset of boards that are HDMI only, hence the set of Roku devices they support.
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From looking at their compatibility matrix, I suspect they have tied their channel to the subset of boards that are HDMI only, hence the set of Roku devices they support.

I don't think that is the case as the LT and Now TV Box have 4OD and AV out as well as HDMI.