least favourite types of acts

2»

Comments

• lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Dog acts. You've seen one, you've seen them all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magicians and crotch dancers.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancers, especially street dance groups.
  • GizehGizeh Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dance acts
    Singers
    Child acts

As most of the acts fall into these categories it is amazing that I still enjoy the show!
    Having said that though, many of my favourite acts fall into these categories (Diversity, Signature, Edward Reid, Stavros Flatley, etc). But I think that might be that they provided something different.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Vast majority of singing and dancing acts now bore me. I guarantee that at least 5 of the acts in the final will be singing or dancing acts. I prefer more unique talents. The Regurgitator from a few years ago was awesome! :D

We need more people like the Dancing Leprechaun or Chopping Wood (Sean Sheehan)
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I think bgt basically has the same acts every year except a different few.

Only spellbound, the cycling guy and Damien from series 1 have been unique IMO, seems every year we have an opera singer, a kid singer (overrated), dance troupe or two, a stripper, a pain act etc

I agree with all of this i could name on one hand the only unique acts in all the years of BGT,you have named them also i would add Signature to that list as i have never saw that before it made me smile plus they were great dancers!
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love dogs the most and bit bored of magic and street dance crews
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Dog acts. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

I do see it like that, I could watch a whole show on just dog act. Infact I was thinking only last night wouldn't it be great to have a dog only version of the show called Britain's Got Tailent
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My least fave acts: - Magicians, child acts, opera singers & dance troupes.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Time wasters..they know they're rubbish, the producers know they're rubbish but they still insist on boring me with them.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    We need more people like the Dancing Leprechaun or Chopping Wood (Sean Sheehan)

Chopping wood, chopping wood :D
    I'm sure on one performance of that he almost sang "Robin Hood, Robin Hood" and had to correct himself :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Dance groups. :mad:
    Me too. I loved Flawless and Diversity and the duo called Twist and Pulse, but large groups from dance schools bore me.
    They are good at what they do but they spoil it by bringing on far too many dancers and wearing over the top make-up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I don't like singers and dancers. If there unique there ok but there is the X-factor so no point having them on BGT. I also dislike poets boring. I agree time wasting acts sholdn't be on.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    The half decent but desperate singers that audition for every TV show going. "Oh look, it's such and so from that show..." :rolleyes: Ridiculous getting people who go out at the X Factor boot camp stage turning up on the Voice or BGT and being told they're superstars. No they're not actually...:rolleyes: :p:D
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like dogs so I'm not going to like dog acts am I?

TBH there's not much I like, I was getting a bit bored throughout this weekend's edition but that guy who wrote the love song - I had a little chuckle - but then he had already been seen in a producer audition so it was all set-up so I was bored again.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any child act involving an under 12 who gets put through for being cute, despite being crap.
    Worst ever was that child dancing duo with 8 inches of slap each and the stage school brat who forgot her words and started crying.

Don't get me wrong, I like kids, but this isn't the place
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Oh I'll have to change mine - single dancers are my second least fave as my least fave is child acts.
    Though it's mainly because I personally can't stand kids. :D

People don't really want to see a tiny little kid, who should technically finish school first, go through the pressures of fame at that age. Hence why even when a child act is supposed to win (series 1 and series 5) they don't.

Along with the fact they just don't have that much appeal. I mean what the hell has a kid got to sing about? They haven't even lived yet.
    Most child stars don't continue the success into adulthood anyway, they're more likely to end up in rehab instead. If I had the choice, I'd take success/fame when I'm older thanks. :cool:
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Street dance troupes. They won't get another one as good as Diversity, who truly broke the mould - none of the ones they've put through have even come close to them - they all do the identical same thing only not as well, so what's the point?
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Street dance troupes. They won't get another one as good as Diversity, who truly broke the mould - none of the ones they've put through have even come close to them - they all do the identical same thing only not as well, so what's the point?
    You wouldn't like Got to Dance then! :D Endless sub Diversity street crews.
  • AJ21AJ21 Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    street dance acts, they are boring now
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring conventional singers... audition for X Factor please.