[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed... absolute disgrace that C5 put it on a non-HD channel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Saigo wrote: »
    5* picture quality was terrible. Grainy and blocky with glitches. Like watching an old Youtube video.

I miss SYFY HD

I actually thought that was just me getting bad reception with all of the rain we'd been having, but if that's what 5* is normally like then i might actually look "elsewhere" for the rest of the episodes. Terrible picture quality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While i absolutely agree about the picture quality, what a great first episode!
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Repeated Friday night 20.00hrs for those that missed it on Tuesday.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The picture quality was fine here in Swindon, sure it's not your receivers?
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I think the picture quality is worse on satellite than it is on Freeview. Something to do with trying to fit too many channels on one transponder.

Alphas aired on 5* last year as well. There's no HD simulcast available.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I missed it on Tuesday so will watch tonight. Didn't even see any ads saying it was starting.:mad: Now have series linked to record on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could have done with seeing more of Gary and Bill together, then they came up trumps right at the end :D

My only bugbear is the lack of subtitles on 5*.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does look like some of the characters have taken a step back between series. I'm glad Nina and Cameron are broken though, it's always boring when they pair off the beautiful people.

Oh, and go Red Flag.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    daniel9624 wrote: »
    While i absolutely agree about the picture quality, what a great first episode!
    Yes Picture Quality very poor....but a good start to S2...

But the Train Crash, was awful CGI.:yawn:
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I think the picture quality is worse on satellite than it is on Freeview. Something to do with trying to fit too many channels on one transponder.

Yes, but last year they were running their satellite channels at 704x576 with a decent bitrate so the picture wasn't too bad at all.

Since the move to 1N last December they have (as you say) crammed all their SD channels onto one transponder and the resolution and bitrates have been reduced in a lame effort to cope. Even so, it shouldn't be as bad as it is, but Channel 5 simply don't seem to care.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Yes, but last year they were running their satellite channels at 704x576 with a decent bitrate so the picture wasn't too bad at all.

Since the move to 1N last December they have (as you say) crammed all their SD channels onto one transponder and the resolution and bitrates have been reduced in a lame effort to cope. Even so, it shouldn't be as bad as it is, but Channel 5 simply don't seem to care.

Freeview looked fine at 544 x 576, I think it may just be satellite....
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »

Went straight over my head.....:)
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looked fine on Virgin to me, but I struggle to see a difference between SD and HD at the best of times.

I was impressed with the opener, could have done with more Gary, but it was all good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second Ep was a nice little re-integration episode, but feel like the team needs a new member? Nina leaving opens a gap, but get a feeling she will be back. Really like the Dani/Cam relationship, it creates a nice little grey area, between the "good and evil" of the show.
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

Ahh, I didn't catch the first season on 5* - saw it on Syfy HD. Looked great, nice and crisp, especially bits like the 'signals' around Gary.

Couldn't believe how blocky 5* picture was.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    It looked fine on Virgin to me, but I struggle to see a difference between SD and HD at the best of times.
    I'm also on VM. I thought the second ep had terrible picture quality at the start.
    daniel9624 wrote: »
    Second Ep was a nice little re-integration episode, but feel like the team needs a new member? Nina leaving opens a gap, but get a feeling she will be back.
    I'll be surprised if they let Nina walk. She's obviously using her ability in immoral and criminal ways. She's always been the one who abused her power.

I wasn't keen on the reintegration aspect, and all the bickering, but hopefully it's over now.
  • Options
    alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit: whoops didn't notice this thread was UK pace.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed episode 3.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the tiny woman with the memory issues will be sticking around? Seemed like they were setting it up for her to joint the team.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I wonder if the tiny woman with the memory issues will be sticking around? Seemed like they were setting it up for her to joint the team.
    I hope so as she's kinda cute. If she doesn't do something about her long term memory, she's going to forget who really won that fight.

As I recall, at the end of the previous series there was another Alpha guy trying to join the team, and hitting on Rachel. He seems to have been dropped, so perhaps Kat is filling part of his role (and the solider chap filling in the hitting-on-Rachel part).

Although I liked this episode, I don't see why Nina gets so many chances when other Alphas go straight to the lock-up.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    And potentially the most dangerous of them all. Instant candidate for chipping I'd have thought.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I caught up this now, still enjoying it. Last episode showed us more of Kat's back story, I like her, hope she stays on the show.

I was hoping to see some news on a renewal for season 3 but none yet :(
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its such a fantastic show, its just a shame that it suffers from not being on the initial page of the EPG. Hero's had so many more fans her, despite it being rubbish after the first season.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying season 2 so far, but I can never think of anything to say when each episode goes off. If other people commented in here I might post more often.