Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XIX (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering it's being shown here before the US, you'd think there would be a buzz about it but I've made 5 posts and you've made 3 lol. Where are all the fans haha and none of my posts have been complimentary.

We are on page 244 since December 31st 2013, they are on page 52 since February 13th 2013. And they are the most popular in the UK?

Whilst you're here, is Abyss really 25 stone lol

why do you post like a WWE employee? its all US and THEM, and you defend wwe no matter what in any situation.

just wondering. we want 2 good tv shows no? its not like a football team where we should want one particular brand to win.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,024
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    why do you post like a WWE employee? its all US and THEM, and you defend wwe no matter what in any situation.

just wondering. we want 2 good tv shows no? its not like a football team where we should want one particular brand to win.

US = United States
    THEM = Two or more people other than yourself.
    WE = The posters on this thread
    THEY = The posters on the TNA thread

I don't defend WWE no matter what, there are plenty of decisions they make that I disagree with. I'd love to have two good brands, what I watched from TNA last night was piss poor, it had the production values of a school play and the owner screeching her face off and trying to play baddie over an 'investor'. If somebody was investing in my company, I'd be meeting them before I gave them anything. TNA pull there socks up, I'll quite happily sit and watch it and be happy to have two brands.

Unfortunately for them, i.e the TNA officials, WWE are looking at two TV deals. One could remove TNA from Universal Studios and the other could remove TNA from Spike TV. It's not looking good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you defend wwe alot, its just something i have noticed over past week, i am not having a go, just an observation.

i thought impact was alright last night, they had too many promos tho and it hurt the hot crowd. still better than normal though, i posted in TNA thread what i think their problems are and how they need to address it, right now the show is bad and has no identity

one last gripe...when i say raw is bad everyone jumps on my back because i am evil, when you guys say it its ok....NO NO NO lol
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does show how far behind TNA is that no one has seriously suggested that Punk would go there. If someone of his caliber were pissed off with Vince 15 years ago, Uncle Eric would be right on the phone to Chicago with a big bag of cash. WWE is under no pressure to push the boundary and wrestlers have no leverage over the company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you defend wwe alot, its just something i have noticed over past week, i am not having a go, just an observation.

i thought impact was alright last night, they had too many promos tho and it hurt the hot crowd. still better than normal though, i posted in TNA thread what i think their problems are and how they need to address it, right now the show is bad and has no identity

one last gripe...when i say raw is bad everyone jumps on my back because i am evil, when you guys say it its ok....NO NO NO lol

That's because I agree with what they do on the most part. When I disagree with a decision, I state that too. For example, if they pay another huge wedge to Punk for having his hissy fit, I will disagree there, I disagreed with the Rumble result, I disagreed with Cena vs Orton at the rumble, the list goes on lol.

TNA always have too many promos and they are usually crap. Rockstar Spud (WTF) is terrible, and I don't mean his character, he as a person trying to act is terrible, as the the BroManz or whatever they are called. I could go on.

Maybe it's the way you word it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, I doubt that the money is the real issue for Punk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because I agree with what they do on the most part. When I disagree with a decision, I state that too. For example, if they pay another huge wedge to Punk for having his hissy fit, I will disagree there, I disagreed with the Rumble result, I disagreed with Cena vs Orton at the rumble, the list goes on lol.

TNA always have too many promos and they are usually crap. Rockstar Spud (WTF) is terrible, and I don't mean his character, he as a person trying to act is terrible, as the the BroManz or whatever they are called. I could go on.

Maybe it's the way you word it?

word what?

bromanz are brilliant and would be over as heels in wwe, they just need a non hillibillie audiendce, them and bad influence are awesome.

i like spud, met when he was like 16 lol, boys done well for himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Eh, I doubt that the money is the real issue for Punk.

I'm not talking about Punk needing money, there was the suggestion yesterday that WWE should open their wallet to get Punk to Mania.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would love it if punk and bryan chants ruin raw for vince/hhh

revolt time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    word what?

bromanz are brilliant and would be over as heels in wwe, they just need a non hillibillie audiendce, them and bad influence are awesome.

i like spud, met when he was like 16 lol, boys done well for himself.

Again, it's just an observation, whilst I come across very pro-WWE, you come across quite anti, for me personally anyway.

BroManz are a heel Zack Ryder, and I don't like face Zack Ryder. Bad Influence are very good. I'm not saying they don't have the talent to do well, their focus is on the wrong ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about Punk needing money, there was the suggestion yesterday that WWE should open their wallet to get Punk to Mania.

That was me and I was joking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    would love it if punk and bryan chants ruin raw for vince/hhh

revolt time

They won't, they didn't after the end of the Rumble. WWE have done nothing wrong in regards to Punk, he hasn't been sent home, he packed his bags and went home off his own back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was me and I was joking.

Ahhhh ok. I have the memory of a brick wall lol.
  • Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't defend tna right now. They are really weak. Not in the same universe as wwe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im not anti wwe at all, i am 31 and been watching since i was 8.

the boos did ruin rumble for big boys, not in a this is the end way but it annoyed them and they had to reshuffle a bit, keeping it up can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im not anti wwe at all, i am 31 and been watching since i was 8.

the boos did ruin rumble for big boys, not in a this is the end way but it annoyed them and they had to reshuffle a bit, keeping it up can only be a good thing.

I didn't say that it didn't ruin the Rumble. If people keep it up, good on them, but they didn't do it less than 24 hours after the Rumble ended, no reports of the booing continuing at the Smackdown taping on Tuesday night.

If there was a time to be vocal, it was Monday night, that time has passed. Of course it could happen on Monday, do I think it will? Nope
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    I can see why the fans were upset and that they have the right to voice their views

Actually they dont have a right to voice their opinions. They dont own the company.

Its like soaps someone gets shot and fans moan about it. Whether its right or wrong its just fans communicating with fans. I mean writers arent going to listen to them its their way as they are running the show.

There is always a button on a remote comtrol to change the channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to reply to this earlier. Punk's point surely is that it's ridiculous to leave the wrestlers in the dark about this at all. WWE had scheduled a meeting with them to discuss it but then cancelled and nothing has been heard since. That's very disrespectful on the part of the company to be playing with the financial future of it's workers like that without assurance.

Wrestlers arent expected to know 24/7 what plans are. Punk is just sulking because he didnt get his way. Its not very respectful to just walk out like that and I can see why Steve Austin fans got pissed when he did the same thing in 2002.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually they dont have a right to voice their opinions. They dont own the company.

Its like soaps someone gets shot and fans moan about it. Whether its right or wrong its just fans communicating with fans. I mean writers arent going to listen to them its their way as they are running the show.

There is always a button on a remote comtrol to change the channel.

They do have the right to voice their opinion. I don't personally think booing Rey Mysterio on his way out and cheering when he got eliminated was the right way to do that.

But they do have a right to an opinion and to voice that opinikn
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's become so much more. It's looked down on, I had periods where I didn't watch, I only watched Eddie's tribute Raw and odd bits because at 15/16 I was more interested in my boyfriend. Now, it would take a lot for me to miss Raw live on a Monday, even though I'm up at 6.30 for work.

I like the relatively small fanbase (even though relatively small is still quite huge), certainly the DS group which is part of the reason I watch live now.

Maybe so but you could see him anytime of the day or week where as Raw is on a selected night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spent the evening watching Backlash 2000, and then the TLC match at Summerslam 2000 - so many chair shots to the head! Makes me cringe now.

And they wonder why Benoit went crazy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe so but you could see him anytime of the day or week where as Raw is on a selected night.

Oh so now were making a dig at personal relationships are we?

I just wasn't interested in wrestling at that time, because I spent all my time with my boyfriend and friends like the majority of people at that age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm glad too!

Speaking of fining, did anyone see Lesnar got fined $10,000 for assaulting an official on Monday :D Hayman tweeted saying he had paid the fine and told WWE that Lesnar could afford to pay $10,000 fines every day. Made me laugh.

But that is obviously a work. If it was real he would have got in major shit over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And they wonder why Benoit went crazy!

That wasn't the only reason Benoit did what he did and it's a cop out to say that it is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    But with Punk now 'gone' he is the equal best wrestler in the company with Daniel Bryan

You have got to be joking. Hes a horrible wrestler!
This discussion has been closed.