Options

How would you end 'Heartbeat'

2»

Comments

• Options
    TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atom bomb asap. It used to be such a lovely little escape on a Sunday evening. The 60's was a time when hubby and I were teenagers, just going into our 20's so we really enjoyed it. I think it was kept on too long and got very stale. For me, Greengrass going was the first nail in its coffin
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell Skynet John Connor and his men are hiding out in the village.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of Heartbeat.. anyone remember that episode where the cows had foot & mouth and they had to burn them all one night and they played that "The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin" song. That really stuck in my mind.
    Yes it was Bayleaf from London's Burning who played the farmer. Then the poor guy dropped dead with a heart attack and he wasnt very old,

RIP.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Sorry Guys & Gals but I just love Heartbeat and The Royal and am gutted they will soon be no more.
    :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Me Too - lovely Sunday evening viewing:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    We need more programs that melt the heart.:)
  • Options
    WizardjWizardj Posts: 3,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Zombies.

Like it. Nuclear attack works too though :)
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose New Year's Eve 1969 is the natural way to go. Nick Berry coming back would be nice for the fans I guess, but can you imagine.

"Wow pet, you've been gone ages - it must be at least 3 years...and yet from the way you've aged you'd swear it was 15. You'll be amazed at how much has changed in the supposed 36 months since you've been gone..."

Fact is, the production crew didn't know it was going to be the last series as they'd already effectively been promised more, so I expect it will end with little fanfare.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    talking about the producers/production staff not knowing it was ending, apparently the final episode has
    Oscar Blaketon dying in Alf ventress's arms
    so i think it will end quite poignantly and appropriately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Tasi wrote: »
    Atom bomb asap. It used to be such a lovely little escape on a Sunday evening. The 60's was a time when hubby and I were teenagers, just going into our 20's so we really enjoyed it. I think it was kept on too long and got very stale. For me, Greengrass going was the first nail in its coffin

Jason Durr (PC Mike Bradley) leaving in 2003 was another, the point where HB jumped the shark was Geoffrey Hughes's departure two years later and the ludicrous exit storyline for his character Vernon Scripps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tasi wrote: »

Very true. I've often wondered why (when it started becoming stale) the script writers didn't fast forward to the 1970s which would've been a great way to introduce a mainly new cast. Having it set in the 60s was great, but the show desperately needed to move on. Still, I'll be sad to see it go.
  • Options
    Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was Bayleaf from London's Burning who played the farmer. Then the poor guy dropped dead with a heart attack and he wasnt very old,

RIP.

I thought he blew his brains out, sitting under a tree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Texan wrote: »
    Jason Durr (PC Mike Bradley) leaving in 2003 was another, the point where HB jumped the shark was Geoffrey Hughes's departure two years later and the ludicrous exit storyline for his character Vernon Scripps.

Now, there's a term I haven't heard in a while. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Ricky85 wrote: »
    talking about the producers/production staff not knowing it was ending, apparently the final episode has
    Oscar Blaketon dying in Alf ventress's arms
    so i think it will end quite poignantly and appropriately.

in the end it ended with us left in the dark about Oscar .
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No nuclear warhead?
  • Options
    BasicMindsBasicMinds Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    PJMillar wrote: »
    If you had your choice, how would you end Heartbeat?

Here's my idea:
    It should be revealed that Lord Ashfordly purposely kept the village in the 1960s, insisting that the government was not moving into the 70s - this story is kept secret from the villagers until the last episode, when they realise that it's actually the 1980s - yet their village hasn't change.

That would be more of a sci-fi ending to explain the lack-of-continuity - the weird but poignant ending would be for Blaketon and co to go live in modern houses - but then grow nostalgic and move back despite Ashfordly's deception.

Ashfordly's motive could be money or something - that bit I haven't thought about - but it would give the end a little bit of a twist.

Now, that would be ridiculous - but it's just something to get everyone started - if you want - humourous/serious/wacky ending ideas all welcome

i really wish that ending would of happened:( it would of been a bit like ashes to ashes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End it with a flatline. Simples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have Greengrass walk into a pub with them all playing Lady Gaga Bad Romance then the old policeman says 'hey greengrass welcome to 2010!' and then greengrass takes off his jacket and starts dancing round the pub.

lmao, this would of been a classic ending, heartbeat was shit without good old claude:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nick Berry gets hold of an uzi and wipes out everyone in the local pub.

lmao....
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    I agree with those of you who suggested New Years Eve 1969. The fact is it should be 1978 by now.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those were the days, when Policeman Retired, then went back to work in plain clothes for nothing. as if it would have been allowed anyway.
  • Options
    JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Those were the days, when Policeman Retired, then went back to work in plain clothes for nothing. as if it would have been allowed anyway.

Scarily, it was. My Grandfather was dragged into many cases for years after he retired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else spot the grim reaper walking past, outside Bernie's garage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End it with a flatline.

It would be poingant; no more Hearbeat.
    Simples.

Brrrrrr!
  • Options
    15 minutes15 minutes Posts: 12,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End it with a the cast singing a rousing rendition of the Liverpool/ heartbeat theme hybrid song...Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me da da da da da da da da da da ....