Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    I couldn't help thinking that Paloma had 3 turds on her shirt. Sorry but it really looked like it :p
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I'd never heard of them until they were mentioned on this show. But then, I suppose it's because I'm a bloke... ;)
    You may not have heard of them, but you surely must have smelt of them. :eek:

There is one in Newbury, I think. You can't NOT notice them as you walk past.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    skiller wrote: »
    You may not have heard of them, but you surely must have smelt of them. :eek:

There is one in Newbury, I think. You can't NOT notice them as you walk past.

You know what men are like, they're just so attentive sometimes that they don't see what's staring them in the face :D
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what men are like, they're just so attentive sometimes that they don't see what's staring them in the face :D
    I know what men are like as I am one! :)

I must backtrack a bit though as I too didn't really know the name of the shop as I turn my nose away whenever I'm within a close radius.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was the weakest of the series. Jason Manford and Paloma Faith were OK, Deborah was a waste of a seat and I've heard the criticism of people in lifts and Fifty Shades of Grey many times before (whereas I've, unsurprisingly, never heard of Greg Davies' feud with a Spanish man!).

Strangely I thought Greg Davies episode was poorest.
    As for his Spaniard story - how do we the viewer relate to that?
    It was rather self-indulgent.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    Bluray wrote: »

Agreed, I didn't enjoy that episode at all
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear that Cilla Black is to appear on Room 101 next Friday.

I know that she appeared on the same show years ago when Paul Merton presented it.

But why is Cilla doing this again?!

I don't like the current format with 3 guests on as it's too distracting for me. I wish Paul should take Frank's place over again as I find Frank so annoying sometimes.

As for JSP needling poor Ben Fogle being too 'posh' in the previous show, I thought: How ironic considering her double-barrelled surname...silly woman :rolls eyes
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You mean on the show where a guest puts their own personal hates in to Room 101?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    You mean on the show where a guest puts their own personal hates in to Room 101?

Yes but it was 100% personal to him.
    I like Room 101 for the connection to what other people dislike.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    I hear that Cilla Black is to appear on Room 101 next Friday.

I know that she appeared on the same show years ago when Paul Merton presented it.

But why is Cilla doing this again?!

I don't like the current format with 3 guests on as it's too distracting for me. I wish Paul should take Frank's place over again as I find Frank so annoying sometimes.

As for JSP needling poor Ben Fogle being too 'posh' in the previous show, I thought: How ironic considering her double-barrelled surname...silly woman :rolls eyes

A double-barrelled surname doesn't mean you're posh.
    I'm double-barrelled and I'm nowhere near posh.
    Forum Member
    skiller wrote: »
    I know what men are like as I am one! :)

I must backtrack a bit though as I too didn't really know the name of the shop as I turn my nose away whenever I'm within a close radius.

Oops :o:D
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I apologise if I've offended you & any other folks for my 'double-barrelled' remark.

It's the way i was bought up where I live (in Ireland), I've heard negative connoctions on people using double-barrelled surnames to remarks such as "oo' he/she sounds so posh with that name" or "they gone uppity themselves".
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it in the early days when the subject (there was only the one guest then) could put their most hated record into "Radio Room 101"
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you properly double-barrelled ? Some couples just stick a hyphen between their 2 surnames. So many footballers these days are double-barrelled, something you'd never have seen pre-90s !
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Yes but it was 100% personal to him.
    I like Room 101 for the connection to what other people dislike.
    erm...yeah
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erm...yeah

Erm...Yeah?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Are you properly double-barrelled ? Some couples just stick a hyphen between their 2 surnames. So many footballers these days are double-barrelled, something you'd never have seen pre-90s !

Properly double-barrelled from about 4 generations ago. People always presume its posh and people can never understand when you tell them your surname in a shop or over the phone:

"What's your surname?"
    "It's Smith-Jones"
    "So your surname's Jones?"
    "No, it's Smith-Jones"
    "Errrrrrr"

Maybe I'll put those people in Room 101.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member

If it's too distracting for you then don't watch it. Those of us who can concentrate will 'struggle' through.

It's the way i was bought up where I live (in Ireland).

You really have NO SAY in how BBC programmes should be made.
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola_T wrote: »
    If it's too distracting for you then don't watch it. Those of us who can concentrate will 'struggle' through.

I'll have MY SAY:

I really think "if... then... don't watch it!" posts are so goddamned useless. In fact I know it.

And to make it worse a jingoistic response to someone from Ireland having an opinion is even more obnoxious...

But, even though I'm not a fan of Frank Skinner, I think he is a good fit with this show. And I actually like the new format better too.

So, there and there and there.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG you're incredibly rude:eek: Oh and just in case I'm not being clear enough your response is shockingly RUDE:mad:
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found your post very insulting how do you know the poster isn't from Northern Ireland and therefor has very much a right in the say of how he sees BBC being run. For you information the BBC has been in Ireland for very long time and a good many irish people from both sides of the border watch it and i have no doubt the headquarters in London have no problem with it being shown here regardless. Even if us in the Republic do not pay the license fee of the BBC as this would be ridiculous we have every right to give our opinion. so there.:p

As for Room 101 i like Frank Skinner and i was so with Paloma Faith on her dislikes.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D P'wned as they used to say.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I'd never heard of them until they were mentioned on this show. But then, I suppose it's because I'm a bloke... ;)

You don't have to be a bloke to have heard of the shop - my dad doesn't like Lush either, he's aware of them because he uses review sites and rates peoples reviews - there are 100s of reviews of all the Lush products. He gets really fed up of having to read reviews of 'bath bombs' and so on lol the prices are shocking too...like my mum says, its only handmade soap for goodness sake haha :p plus if there's one on your high street, no matter what gender you are, your likely to be aware of it by the wafting smell if nothing else lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »

I thought that's what all double-barrelled names were?! People just sticking a hyphen between their two surnames.

The fact that there are an awful lot more than there used to be can be put down to the higher divorce rates than there used to be.............. sadly.
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the Jason/Deborah/Paloma episode. Paloma and Jason were funny and Deborah had a laugh too, she didn't take herself too seriously. At the end of 'Extra Storage' Frank said Paloma won because she had more items in Room 101, but she and Deborah both had two items put in there. Not good editing because she did have more things in Room 101 on Friday's episode as only three categories were shown but last night there were four categories :D Just being a bit nit-picking :D:D