Options

Winston thinks he could win BB because his name is Winston

AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
Forum Member
✭✭
Last night Winston stated that he thinks he has a good chance that he could win this because his name his Winston. Which has the word 'Win' in it.
Winston.
See? He's gone and done a clever thing there hasn't he?
How could you doubt such unbridled optimism when it is backed up by such powerful logic?

But then you think "Hmm, where have I heard the name Winston before? It sounds so familiar".
Oh yes, of course, Winston was the name of the protagonist from the George Orwell book Nineteen Eighty-Four, about a tyrannical totalitarian government apparently led by a state figurehead called Big Brother. Winston thought that he could beat the system.

Needless to say, in the book Winston loses.:D

Comments

• Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    LOL! Good call!!!

Then again - Winston Churchill, who many beleive won world war II for us...
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston is a very deluded young man who clearly is fame obsessed from all the reality tv shows he's done so far. He's has alot to learn in life maybe this show will show him the true reality of life
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was also the name of my old dog. :D He was more attractive and much more intelligent
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've suggested we call him Loseton.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I associate the name Winston with the extra on Eastenders, always seen in the background but very rarely speaks.

If only this Winston would follow suit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Last night Winston stated that he thinks he has a good chance that he could win this because his name his Winston. Which has the word 'Win' in it.
    Winston.
    See? He's gone and done a clever thing there hasn't he?
    How could you doubt such unbridled optimism when it is backed up by such powerful logic?

But he neglected to mention that his last name is Firstoutwhatacunt.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I be surprised if the low rent version of Joey Essex has read the Janet and John books, let alone the great works of George Orwell.

:D
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,496
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    LOL! Good call!!!

Then again - Winston Churchill, who many beleive won world war II for us...

And as soon as he was up (for election), he was evicted, by a massive landslide. :kitty:
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the end of the novel, O'Brien's torture has reverted Winston to his previous status as an obedient, unquestioning slave who genuinely loves "Big Brother". Beyond his total capitulation and submission to the party, Winston's fate is left unresolved....

Wikipedia entry on 1984
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I've suggested we call him Loseton.

It reminds me of either last series, or the series before, where one of the presenters interviewed each of the contestants and told every one of them that they can win the show.

I kind of like the idea that the same thing may have happened this year, and that the presenter has told Winston that he has a good chance of winning because of the reason given by him in the first post, and Winston answered with a gormless expression on his face "Oh yeah, I never thought of that".:D
    Like a lamb to the slaughter. Silly sod.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    I be surprised if the low rent version of Joey Essex has read the Janet and John books, let alone the great works of George Orwell.

:D

Yes, that's what I find funny about the whole thing. That Winston seems to be totally oblivious to how his name is really relevant to this show.
    It's like him being sent into a war zone with a big target stuck onto his back and being told that it's a magic symbol that will help him dodge the bullets.
    Then he confidently strides into battle blissfully unaware, with a dumb expression on his face thinking nothing can possibly go wrong.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I don't know why you lot are being so mean. I clearly heard him say that he was 'A bit more smarter' than the usual TV Essex types.

If this isn't proof enough of the guy's impeccable credentials, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if he had real brains he'd shorten his name to 'Win' like the bloke out of Arcade Fire, then he would defiitely 100% WIN :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    I don't know why you lot are being so mean. I clearly heard him say that he was 'A bit more smarter' than the usual TV Essex types.

If this isn't proof enough of the guy's impeccable credentials, I don't know what is.

:D:D
    Yes, I did spot that at the time but forgot all about it until you just mentioned it now.

There's something quite endearing about the vaulting ambition of some big lummox of a meathead on BB who you suspect may not be as agile as some of the others in the brains department.
    When he optimistically thinks that his name 'Winston' is a lucky omen that's going to help him win you almost feel a bit sad for him. But then the laughing starts.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Wasn't particularly a fan of him when he came out, and quite disappointed that they've cast yet another Essex stereotype - seriously, what is the fascination?

Then on BOTS in his second VT he said he found it funny that he (or a friend of his, I cant' remember) "sh*t in a bag" and threw it at someone. Based on what little we have to go on at the moment, I'd be more than happy to see him go first.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I did spot that at the time but forgot all about it until you just mentioned it now.

There's something quite endearing about the vaulting ambition of some big lummox of a meathead on BB who you suspect may not be as agile as some of the others in the brains department.
    When he optimistically thinks that his name 'Winston' is a lucky omen that's going to help him win you almost feel a bit sad for him. But then the laughing starts.

Vauting or vaunting?
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    Then on BOTS in his second VT he said he found it funny that he (or a friend of his, I cant' remember) "sh*t in a bag" and threw it at someone.

I'd like to try that to him, though instead using a poolball in a sock ;-)
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

No no no! :p There is nothing endearing about him and his ilk or indeed those who cringingly embrace the rise of the tv thicko as some kind of good or admirable thing.

I'm ashamed to admit that I think I actually found Joey Essex amusing on one occasion. By and large though I think generic disdain mixed in with a dollop of condesention most closely represents my current outlook on these types. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    Vauting or vaunting?

Just vaulting.
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's as deluded as Luke S was.
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until he's walking through the streets with a proton pack on his back, he isn't the real Winston!
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's as deluded as Luke S was.

Lol yeah that guy so thought he would win or the white room he so wanted to get that money before Connor. I think Winston is gonna go the same way as Luke S