Dumb female Daily Mail reporters

BlurayBluray Posts: 661
Forum Member
✭✭
There's a lot of Internet chatter about Seth Macfarlane's hosting of the Oscars and how his humour was sexist. One US commentator has said something like "it's like feminism never happened"

Anyone who witnessed the Boobs song will know that it had insert shots of shocked audience members which were obviously fake and part of the joke.

Here's your typical outraged Daily Mail feature by two females who embarrass themselves by using the staged images to demonstrate how shocked and disgusted people were:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2284066/Seth-MacFarlane-strikes-chord-critics-jabs-women-weight-compares-Ben-Affleck-Kardashians.html

These reporters must be the dumbest around and they havent exactly helped their cause. They look stupid.
How can you not realise those bits were fake.

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol oh Seth MacFarlane.

His joke about John Wilkes Booth being in Lincoln's head was a bit Sickipedia style, but ultimately funny.

People knew what they were getting into with him as a host.
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe he's 39. He looks about 20.

And why is The Oscars never on tv anymore? You used to be able to stay up and watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seth Macfarlane was hilarious and some people have just had a sense of humour bypass :D
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And why is The Oscars never on tv anymore? You used to be able to stay up and watch it.

The same reason most sport and most films aren't.

Sky bought the rights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its Seth Mcfarlane, what the hell were they expecting???

Yet again people claiming outrage purely for the sake out outrage :rolleyes::yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By providing a link you're giving the DM more hits and they'll just carry on with this rubbish. You'd think DigitalSpy were sponsored by the Daily Mial given how many stories people post from it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Its Seth Mcfarlane, what the hell were they expecting???

Yet again people claiming outrage purely for the sake out outrage :rolleyes::yawn::yawn::yawn:

I completely agree. I can't stand the "I MUST make an issue out of this" mindset.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    By providing a link you're giving the DM more hits and they'll just carry on with this rubbish. You'd think DigitalSpy were sponsored by the Daily Mial given how many stories people post from it.

Sometimes it's difficult to know who's outraged the most ~ The Daily Mail reporters/readers, or those on DS who complain about the Daily Mail.

Personally, I never read it.........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Sometimes it's difficult to know who's outraged the most ~ The Daily Mail reporters/readers, or those on DS who complain about the Daily Mail.

Personally, I never read it.........

Most of the time I don't click on the links anyway...the OP pretty much summarises the subject.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member

and he is 40 of 26th of october this year. and its 14 days before I am 40.
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Sometimes it's difficult to know who's outraged the most ~ The Daily Mail reporters/readers
    I read The Daily Mail and I'm not outraged at all :D
  • SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is pretty youthful looking at the best of times, but presenting the Oscars he was caked in slap. What else would you expect.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he could've chosen bums? You know, just to make it all inclusive! :D
    I wish he'd have sung "The freakin' FCC" instead. But I think that's just American TV and not film.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still love Samantha Brick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love Samantha Brick.

Can't stand her. Maybe I'm jealous of her beauty? :D
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Can't stand her. Maybe I'm jealous of her beauty? :D

She is Earths most beautiful woman you know.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was funny and as others have said...what else did they expect?? I had no idea he was so good looking though:o
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I thought he was funny and as others have said...what else did they expect?? I had no idea he was so good looking though:o

Oh me too :o
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't get the reactions were obviously staged. It just wasn't that funny to me. Now the horrified reactions to Bruno falling arse first on top of Eminem at the MTV awards? That was hilarious to me.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    They don't get the reactions were obviously staged. It just wasn't that funny to me. Now the horrified reactions to Bruno falling arse first on top of Eminem at the MTV awards? That was hilarious to me.

The DM not understanding that perhaps some actors might do some acting during an award ceremony for the film industry and they might be quite good at it. Yep, sounds like them.