✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Just sayin ;-)

Rubbish, just sayin :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you. Len's an old windbag, he needs to be put out to pasture.
  • Options
    richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Len loves ballroom, just sayin'
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion this is the second time Len has got it wrong with Simon in the dance-off, he should have gone against Tom and was definitely the worst dance in the dance-off ... Taxi for Goodman
  • Options
    nickynoo93nickynoo93 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Illegal lifts, that's what finished them off, if it had no lifts they would still be in!
  • Options
    FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was Len wrong? Simon did a fault free routine with good technique, Pixies had three illegal lifts and her technique was criticised, based on that Len was right imo.
  • Options
    hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    nickynoo93 wrote: »
    Illegal lifts, that's what finished them off, if it had no lifts they would still be in!

I think that is a possibility?
  • Options
    Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was Len wrong? Simon did a fault free routine with good technique, Pixies had three illegal lifts and her technique was criticised, based on that Len was right imo.

Spot on
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nickynoo93 wrote: »

No, what finished them off was:

Len always likes to teach the handsome young male pro dancers that he is boss

and

Darcey hasn't been able to stand Pixie from day one.

Result: The viewing public are now denied the best dancers of the series
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon was good first time out then really upped his game for the DO. IN my opinion it was head and shoulders better than Pixie;s poor technique, on this showing.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Tour ;-)
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tour and ratings boost :kitty:
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    Simon was good first time out then really upped his game for the DO. IN my opinion it was head and shoulders better than Pixie;s poor technique, on this showing.

I agree Simon was better, this time Len made the right choice.
  • Options
    gemmy11gemmy11 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    The dance off is based on those last dances alone and Simons dance was far better than Pixies so Len was right in his decision. Simons really upped his game in the dance off whilst Pixie didn't and had quite a lot of leg and footwork problems.
  • Options
    myla5trolomyla5trolo Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges are 'supposed' to vote based on just the dance that night.
    The fact that they choose to ignore that criteria when it suits is when it's a fix.
    On this occasion Simon danced better IMO, ergo, CRH + Bruno were in the wrong
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »

This exactly.

Simon was so very good in the dance off and Pixie was not good in this dance.

They are told to base it on that dance alone, so Len was right to choose Simon.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just sayin ;-)

No the public didn't vote for Poxie it's not a fix, if we voted for her she would be safe.

The fix is on X Factor.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just sayin ;-)

No. Pixie didn't have the public vote, so was in the dance off, and Simon was better. Just sayin.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    As someone who enjoys watching both couple this dance off was a nightmare. If I was voting for the better dancer then of course I would go for Pixie but, sadly Trent made a mistake in putting in the illegal lifts (which I thought were a warm up for a stunning AT). I was so pleased for Simon when he nailed the lift and thought if I was judging solely on the DO I would vote for him.

Either way it was a very difficult decision for the judges and I didn't think any of them voted incorrectly. They were going to come under fire regardless of the dancer they put through. If Pixie had got through it would have been a "fix" because she performed with illegal lifts and now Simon is through it's a "fix" because Pixie is such a phenomenal dancer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    No. Pixie didn't have the public vote, so was in the dance off, and Simon was better. Just sayin.

Simon didn't have the public vote either, on a number of occasions. Can't say I agree with people saying Simon was better in the dance off than the first time, other than the end lift. I'd say his saturday dance was better than Pixie's, but in the dance off not really. When they put someone through that's been in three dance offs, they're just dragging someone through the contest the public has no desire to see there (i.e Lisa Snowdon). Pixie was under par last night, who knows what her vote was like the rest of the time.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member

People only want fairness when it suits their favourite.
    I dont really see why the show would fix it for Simon. There's the brief controversy but hes obviously not popular with the viewers and may be in the dance off next week so what was the point.
    I think Len judged it just by the rules of the dance off which is actually a suprising occurence in these shows
  • Options
    bmac1072bmac1072 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Rubbish , Simon danced better than Pixie in dance off , end off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    bmac1072 wrote: »
    Rubbish , Simon danced better than Pixie in dance off , end off

This.

Thank goodness for Len.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered how long it would take the conspiracy theorists to get going on here (OP, I know you're just joking, it's some of the other posts on this thread that I mean), and lo and behold it's only taken a page!
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saoir wrote: »
    This.

Thank goodness for Len.

I liked what Len said, that as a judge it is just on this dance and when he drives home he knows he made the right decision.
    To me this was him saying, I know others will say Pixie was the better overall dancer but the dance off is this dance and she was the poorer in it.