So how do people feel about Perez playing the race card on Patsy?

AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
Forum Member
✭✭
I haven't seen a thread about this so apologies if somebody has already posted one.

I personally thought tat his attempts to tar Patsy with the brush of saying something racist worse than some of the other things in the episode.

To do that to someone I think is despicable.

I also think it says something else about the general mentality of some people in there in respect to what was going on with Ken.

Comments

• AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one have any thoughts on this?

I thought it was a quite significant moment on the show and that people would have had some thoughts about it?
  • silvensilven Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez is a prat and will do and say anything to stir things.
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it fairly despicable as it is the sort of label that can destroy someone's life as Perez well knows. To sink that low just to earn yourself some brownie points on a reality show is malicious to say the least.
  • jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silven wrote: »
    Perez is a prat and will do and say anything to stir things.

He wants to win and he is going for the weakest - watch him systematically do that!
  • Mastes1Mastes1 Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hated it because i have been in similar situations before where you say something totally innocently but some PC wimp tries to twist it into something it wasn't and then you look racist or something.
    Its dangerous and totally out of order, no wonder Patsy was so worried about it, people don't have common sense these days.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    His method of competing seems to be find something your can present as offensive, make a massive fuss until everyone is outraged, then keep shouting.
    It doesn't always work, it failed with the HMs with Katie and her husband incident, and it didn't really work with Patsy....but the pattern was the same.
    If he hadn't piped up no one would have noticed.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said on another thread what Patsy did was akin to someone asking a black guy from Cornwall to show them around Brixton.

It was certainly a faux pas.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was pretty good because they both looked like idiots. Perez looked like a typical PC gone mad loon crying racism at the tiniest little thing and Patsy, who is a big part of Nadia's 'I'm so offended' coven, suddenly starts stuttering and blubbering because some nutcase suggested she's racist

It was a professionally offended loonie vs another professionally offended loonie, good, let them fight each other
  • Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What i didn't understand was whether Alexander had said he would take her to crenshaw previously?

It was a very weird conversation, Perez was in quickly looking to whip it up.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »
    Hated it because i have been in similar situations before where you say something totally innocently but some PC wimp tries to twist it into something it wasn't and then you look racist or something.
    Its dangerous and totally out of order, no wonder Patsy was so worried about it, people don't have common sense these days.

It must be genuinely upsetting for it to happen in everyday life.
    But I imagine it would be even more so in an environment like that where your mind starts ticking over worrying if the public have picked up on what has been said and that there may be a shitstorm waiting outside for you like the Shilpa Shetty series. Which I think would be a natural way to think if you were in there with so little contact with the outside world.

Personally if BB are to take anything seriously I think that this sort of thing should be taken very seriously. Nadia isn't blameless either due to the games she's playing.
    The point is that these two appear to have no qualms about how much they could potentially make someone suffer once they have left the show and are in the outside world.

I think that what Perez said to Patsy was at least as bad as what he said to Ken, if not more so.
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    It was pretty good because they both looked like idiots. Perez looked like a typical PC gone mad loon crying racism at the tiniest little thing and Patsy, who is a big part of Nadia's 'I'm so offended' coven, suddenly starts stuttering and blubbering because some nutcase suggested she's racist

It was a professionally offended loonie vs another professionally offended loonie, good, let them fight each other

This seems to sum it up perfectly. I would add that Perez is no expert on race relations in the US or anywhere else. Folks should look up his incident with Will. I.am in Toronto
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for Patsy she looked genuinely upset. She clearly didn't mean any harm but Perez kept twisting that knife.

He's a dangerous character - really very nasty indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave_62 wrote: »
    What i didn't understand was whether Alexander had said he would take her to crenshaw previously?

She definatley said that Alexander either said he would take her or that he had told her about Crenshaw., thats why she didn't understand where Perez was going.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perez is awful. He's a celebrity blogger so he knows how a label like that could ruin someone's career. Patsy obviously isn't racist.
  • CheriCheri Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is stupid and new damn well what he was doing by starting that stuff.

Shiiiiit I wanna go Compton when I hear California Love by Tupac and Dre.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Dave_62 wrote: »

Patsy tried to explain to Perez, she said she had had a two hour conversation with Alexander who said he was from Crenshaw and would show her round, Perez was too busy shouting to listen but you can hear Michelle listening and repeating it and said words to the effect of don't worry there's nothing to worry about .
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen a thread about this so apologies if somebody has already posted one.

I personally thought tat his attempts to tar Patsy with the brush of saying something racist worse than some of the other things in the episode.

To do that to someone I think is despicable.

I also think it says something else about the general mentality of some people in there in respect to what was going on with Ken.

He successfully made himself look idiotic without even realizing it because his point of view would have gone over 99% of the viewing public's heads given it's a UK Show. Obviously he's your typical American who knows nothing about anything outside of America & thinks the world IS America & we all should know about their racist habits.
  • LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was obvious what he was trying to do there. Fed up of the idiot, she wasn't being racist he knew she wasn't being racist yet he tries to make out she is. Hate people like that.

I'm swearing more in my head about all of what's being going on.
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was hilarious.

I'm so shocked by how a typically racist, sexist, everything-ist Perez has suddenly turned into an extreme Tumblr social justice warrior.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    I don't feel like we saw the whole conversation. At least I must have missed it if we did. In any case, Perez is a prize w*nker and nobody takes any notice of what he says so I don't think we should either. Patsy seemed inordinately worried about how it would affect her future and that didn't impress me much, to be honest. I mean that she seemed far more worried about her image than any offence she might have unwittingly caused. Not liking her very much. But Perez is gloriously hateable.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I know Perez can be out of order at times but I actually thought that was one time when he was being reasonable. He specifically said that it might not go down well if she said this in the USA and from how he explained it I can understand that he was correct.

Patsy completely over reacted and melted :confused: Why not just thank him for the advice. After all he specifically said she wasn't racist but that comment could sound so and Michelle agreed
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    I felt sorry for Patsy she looked genuinely upset. She clearly didn't mean any harm but Perez kept twisting that knife.

He's a dangerous character - really very nasty indeed.

Yes. Plus we know from his conversation with Ken that if Alexander had an issue with it he would have explained why at the time. Plus "if you ever go to America" - she's been to America countless times. And he had to keep going on about it, he made his point and Michelle kind of backed him up - why couldn't it be left there?
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Perez is a stirrer - he is finding a way to push everyone's buttons. I think he'll burn himself out by the end of the series - he's beginning to grate on all of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all getting out of control. Seriously people will start being scared to speak just in case someone takes some kind of offence to it.

Why do some people want the world to be like this?, it baffles me.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez is a stirrer - he is finding a way to push everyone's buttons. I think he'll burn himself out by the end of the series - he's beginning to grate on all of them.

This.