The National Television Awards 2015 ITV @ 7:30 - Soap Discussion Thread

dulliredullire Posts: 20,207
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello all. :) The 20th Annual National Television Awards are being held tonight. They're broadcast LIVE so I don't think we'll have to worry about spoilers unlike the BSA's which are broadcast after all the winners have been announced. EastEnders leads the nominations but who will be the victors on the night? What are your hopes/predictions?

Soap Nominations:

Best Newcomer
Lee Mead (Ben 'Lofty' Chiltern, Casualty)
Maddy Hill (Nancy Carter, EastEnders)
Michael Parr (Ross Barton, Emmerdale)
Cameron Moore (Cameron Campbell, Hollyoaks)

Serial Drama Performance
Kellie Bright (Linda Carter, EastEnders)
Danny Dyer (Mick Carter, EastEnders)
Verity Rushworth (Donna Windsor, Emmerdale)
Nikki Sanderson (Maxine Minniver, Hollyoaks)

Serial Drama
Coronation Street
EastEnders
Emmerdale
Hollyoaks

NTA Facts:

# EastEnders is the most award winning television show with 28 wins including 10 awards for 'Most Popular Serial Drama.'

# Corrie has taken home Best Serial Drama the past 3 years.

# Corrie has also taken home Best Serial Drama Performance the past 3 years with Katherine Kelly, Alan Halsall and Julie Hesmondhalgh all winning.

#EastEnders has won Best Newcomer for the past 4 years. Ricky Norwood, Jacqueline Jossa, David Witts & Khali Best:o:kitty: were all victorious on the night.

# Best Serial Drama has always been won by Corrie or EastEnders. It currently stands at 10-9 to EastEnders.

Links:

NTA's plan Anne Kirkbride tribute

NTA twitter page

Voting closes at MIDDAY

Try and keep it civil guys. It's not the end of the world if your faves don't win. ;-)

Comments

• paton1983paton1983 Posts: 2,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quite like to see Lee Mead win the newcomer award. Who were the other nominees in previous years.

Kellie or Nikki for the other award although Verity was brilliant in her last stint.

I reckon Eastenders for the main award, I've enjoyed more of their episodes in the past year than the other 3.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    EastEnders clean sweep please and thank you.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maddy Hill, Nikki Sanderson & Hollyoaks
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    EastEnders clean sweep please and thank you.

Thanking you please, I agree. :D
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I just want to fast forward to tonight! The anticipation is killing me.
  • SlaterSlater Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually watch this on UTV (NI) but this has been replaced in the Republic of Ireland with UTV Ireland who are not showing it.

Is there anywhere else to watch online maybe?
  • england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping ross from Emmerdale gets the best newcomer, Maxine or mick to get serial performance and Corrie for best Soap. (Although i wouldn't mind emmerdale or hollyoaks for that either with them being the underdogs)

EDIT As much as iv'e been liking eastenders lately I just prefer corrie for the comic relief, Eastenders is very serious most of the time and i do find it an effort to watch sometimes.
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope best newcomer will be Michael Parr, but I predict it will me Maddie Hill.

I hope drama performance will be either kellie or Verity.

Eastenders or Emmerdale for serial drama.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who has everyone voted for?
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I voted for Maddy Hill (although I was swaying towards Michael Parr), Kellie Bright & EastEnders. :)

I hope Hollyoaks don't win. Bryan's smug face when he shook DTC's hand when they won at the BSAs... Not again please.
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Anne Kirkbride tribute will be emotional to watch :(
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Probably end up watching the first hour and a half, as there's nothing on until Wolf Hall, so hopefully the soap stuff is finished by then. I don't really care much for viewer-voted awards, but it would be nice to see Kellie Bright win, especially after last night's terrific performance, and EastEnders after the great year it's had, with the past two months or so being even better.
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Try and keep it civil guys. It's not the end of the world if your faves don't win. ;-)

Good luck with that. :p
  • freya1980freya1980 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Hope michael parr, verity rushworth win, thats who I've voted for, looking forward to watching :-)
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Thanks for thread dj.. I've never watched one of these things and, as I don't intend to start now, I'll rely on this thread to keep me informed.:)
  • iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been posted already.

There will be a clue to the Lucy Beale murder at the NTAs

http://primetime.*******************/ntas-will-reveal-hints-lucy-beales-killer-eastenders-spoilers/#more-216072
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    iveivan wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted already.

There will be a clue to the Lucy Beale murder at the NTAs

http://primetime.*******************/ntas-will-reveal-hints-lucy-beales-killer-eastenders-spoilers/#more-216072

I don't think that's a real address. :blush:
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders to triumph tonight. In my own opinion Coronation Street should be going home empty handed tonight as the show was weak this year. Verity Rushworth would be a worthy winner for Emmerdale should Kellie not win.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William Roache is gonna say a few words about Anne thats gonna be so emotional
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Should be a good night, hoping they pay tribute to 30 Years of EastEnders and the tribute for Anne Kirkbride should be lovely.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope EastEnders wins best serial drama!:)
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like EastEnders to sweep the board - with Kellie getting the award over Danny.

Unfortunatly - and I feel horrid saying this - I wouldn't be surprised if Corrie win Best Soap. They have had a LOT of press attention before this week, including SB on This Morning, then there is the whole age-gate thing and the sad death of a big star, thats on top of the ratings grabbing stunt. I don't watch it and won't comment on the quality of that stunt or the average episode, but I feel like that mass-exposure could benefit it.

Hollyoaks has been winning lots of awards yes, but that is mainly due to the demo falling right into voting age, I seriously doubt that they would win based on the far-fetched plots and cheesy poor acting. I watch it irregularly and always laugh at the acting.

Emmerdale is a funny one - they are consistent with viewers and I have seen lots of praise, even though I don't watch myself.

It will be interesting, but in my humble opinion EE deserves Best Soap and I feel it would be nice for Dom to get some kind of recognition for his hard work and passion, after all I am sure he is not remunerated in the same way that the ITV/C4 soap bosses are and I think it is fair to see he has shown the most hunger and passion for his show. The show has really turned a corner this past 18 months and it should be celebrated.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »

Ohh, dj! You've been on here long enough to know that's not true :p

EE and ED have been/continue to be the best soaps for me; Corrie really hasn't done anything to deserve an award, but the tribute to Anne Kirkbride should be suitably touching :)
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Corrie win it will be utterly ridiculous.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    If Corrie win it will be utterly ridiculous.

It's looking very close between EastEnders and Corrie, but from what I've seen/heard, EastEnders are edging it!:p I will be extremely angry if it is Corrie and not EastEnders!

Coronation Street do not deserve to be rewarded for their utterly shite year and if they do, they will be VERY smug about it, I imagine!>:(
  • SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it a phone vote for best soap ? if so Corrie probably will win because a lot of viewers watching live will vote in honour of Anne. Just the way it goes.