[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Mine came today. Like I said mine was posted Wednesday

Mine came as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Woolies.. 30% off is also applies to accessories and Consoles...

Saw a 60gig 360 for £118 and some change.
  • Options
    dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My post just arrived, no Pure once again :mad::mad:

The rental game I mentioned yesterday arrived this morning- so fingers crossed your game will turn up with today's post!!!
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cranno wrote: »

I've instructed the old folks to get me one of these today if they find a Woolworths, I'll happily part with £118 for a new 360 given that my current one is ready to say farewell after a number of crashes and freezes and freaky noises and disc drive errors over the last week!

EDIT: F*CK, it just red ringed! Piece of crap :mad:
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    The rental game I mentioned yesterday arrived this morning- so fingers crossed your game will turn up with today's post!!!

It finally arrived. Never waited so long for something from play.com, but I guess it's down to the busy Christmas period more than anything! Oh well, time to play some Pure!
  • Options
    caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive just got back from doing a bit of xmas shopping and i popped into zavvi and purchased an xboxx 360 wireless adaptor for 39.99 and 12 months xbox live for 29.99 which isn't bad at all, saved me 30 quid from when i was gonna buy both of them at normal full price today, so i purchased a new game aswell :) can't be bad :p
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Devil May Cry 4 less than a tenner on pc at Game.

Part of their new sale
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.gameplay.com have got their sale on now too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local Woolies (Falkirk) has a few Xbox 360 120gb drives going for £49 quid. They are now 50% off - my branch closes on Saturday. I'm swithering about buying one to flog on eBay in the new year...
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    Tombraider : Underworld is £19.99 On both Xbox 360 & PS3.

£17.49 On The Wii.

£14.99 On The PC.

If Only I Had Waited 3 Days I Paid £36.99 For It On Game :cry::o:mad:

I think this seems to be really good deal for £176

Xbox Premium Console + 60 gig HD + Tombraider Underworld + Extra Wireless controller

+ Lego Indy + Kung fu Panda (bonus)

even with woolies & zavvi dont seem to be able to match it - zavvi quoted me £150 for 60gig console only?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Play seems to have a big sale of gaming titles lately with recent games like Far Cry 2, and Prince of Persia for £17.99 and even the online gaming classic COD4: Goty Edition is £24.99 with Halo 3 being worth under 13 quid. :D

Link

Note: this page is started on the X360 section.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Keep a cautious eye on this development :

Zavvi placed into administration

Zavvi is the UK's largest independent entertainment retailer
    Music, games and DVD chain Zavvi has gone into administration, Ernst & Young has announced, threatening 3,500 jobs.

The troubled chain has been badly affected by the demise of Woolworths, which forced it to stop taking new orders via its website.

Zavvi's main supplier is Woolworths' unit Entertainment UK (EUK), which went into administration on 27 November.

All of Zavvi's stores should be open as normal on Boxing day, for its traditional post-Christmas sale.

Since Entertainment UK went into administration, Zavvi has had difficulties in sourcing stock and has been forced to enter new trading arrangements.

"This has resulted in considerable working capital difficulties," an Ernst & Young statement said.

"Since EUK went into administration, and perhaps before, the impact of problems at EUK on the Zavvi group has been significant.

"Minimal deliveries, no returns and worse trading terms are just some of the areas impacted," said joint administrator Tom Jack.

"In the absence of a buyer for EUK, and with dire trading conditions on the High Street, the Zavvi group has seen a material fall in sales and the directors have now been forced to place parts of the group into administration," he added.

The administrators intend for Zavvi to continue trading with a view to selling all or part of the business.

The group's founding partners Simon Douglas and Steve Peckham said: "We have done all that is possible to keep the business trading, but the problems encountered with EUK, and particularly its recent failure, has been too much for the business to cope with."

The Zavvi group is the UK's largest independent entertainment retailer with 125 stores.

It was formed after a management buy out of the Virgin Megastore division of the Virgin Group in September 2007.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cranno wrote: »

They were all out of 360s at the one I went to this morning (Irvine, if anyone is planning on going there for a 360, don't bother:p), saw some guy get the last one :mad: Got one from GAME instead:)
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    I think Game deal @ £176 is 'still' better than woolies or zavvi
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I might do is buy this deal

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/HardwareBundle/~r339053/Xbox-360-60GB-Premium-Pack-Kung-Fu-Panda-LEGO-Indy-Lost-Extra-Wireless-Controller/

Now I have an interest in the extra controller but not the games.

So if I buy the console for 170 quid

keep the games in their plastic wrapping, and put them on Ebay. They should make about 15 quid each (45 quid total).

Therefore i'd recoup 45 quid. That would leave me with a 60GB premium with 2 wireless controllers for 125 quid!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    I think Game deal @ £176 is 'still' better than woolies or zavvi

I think it's a better deal if you are a brand new 360 owner or have a definite interest in those games and the extra controller; however, if you're looking for a replacement 360 I think an Arcade+60GB starter kit might work out cheaper.

I got an Arcade + Mirror's Edge for £127. I'll complete mirror's edge then flog that and the controller that came with the Arcade (already got two from my old 360). Then I'll get a 60GB starter kit and sell the headset on e-bay, and get my 20GB HDD onto e-bay too!
    Davonator wrote: »
    What I might do is buy this deal

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/HardwareBundle/~r339053/Xbox-360-60GB-Premium-Pack-Kung-Fu-Panda-LEGO-Indy-Lost-Extra-Wireless-Controller/

Now I have an interest in the extra controller but not the games.

So if I buy the console for 170 quid

keep the games in their plastic wrapping, and put them on Ebay. They should make about 15 quid each (45 quid total).

Therefore i'd recoup 45 quid. That would leave me with a 60GB premium with 2 wireless controllers for 125 quid!

I haven't seen the prices on e-bay, but you can get Lost brand new for about £10 online. The Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda thing is in one box, and you'd be lucky to get £30 total for it I think! You'll get something for them but I'm not so sure you'd be lucky enough to get £45 for them. You'd probably get maybe £30-£35 - could be very wrong though, haven't seen the e-bay prices.
  • Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for NHL 09 for the 360.

Can anyone see it at a discounted price :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guitar Hero World Tour (full band set) is £129.99 at Gamestation - http://www.gamestation.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=20121
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guitar Hero World Tour with Guitar - Xbox 360 - Argos - £48.29

Just reserved mine and picking it up later today !
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    I'm looking for NHL 09 for the 360.

Can anyone see it at a discounted price :D

£31.99 at CDWow.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just picked up Fight Night Round 3 on PS3 for £14.99 from GAME online
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Guitar Hero World Tour with Guitar - Xbox 360 - Argos - £48.29

Just reserved mine and picking it up later today !

Also £35 at HMV if anyone was intrested!
  • Options
    nextexitnextexit Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jdaco6 wrote: »
    Also £35 at HMV if anyone was intrested!

Wasn't that GH3: Legends of Rock? Saw a few of them for £35, the World Tour ones were still marked as £70 in my local HMV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got any tips on where to pick up a wii from tomorrow? Preferably a high street shop. Who has the best deals? Who has any full stop!?