Options

Can I change Windows 8 to Windows 7 ??

123457»

Comments

• Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I call it simplistic rather than clearer...

Tomato, Tomato..;-)
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Well ill be sticking with windows 7 because i dont want a mobile operating system on my desktop. I dont even understand microsofts decision on it. One of their biggest markets is desktop pcs via the work place and what workplace would prefer windows 8 over windows 7.

There should be two versions, the mobile version and desktop version. I would definitely use windows 8 on a mobile device but not on a proper pc or laptop
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a touch screen. I presume touch only works with touch sensitive screens and is not just software driven.
    No, Windows 8 comes with free magic.
    If you open your laptop and toss it a couple of feet, it will flap like a little butterfly all the way down.
    Porkies Pete down the pub told me so.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you open your laptop and toss it a couple of feet, it will flap like a little butterfly all the way down.

In other words, no.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    In other words, no.

Thanks.

I played around with Windows 8 in Currys and spotted a "desktop" gif. Clicking this took me to a screen that looks like Win 7, Vista, XP etc.

Seems OK to me if it is faster in other ways.

I think I'll install my Win 8 upgrade - and pray.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Was it developed in Hogwarts then? :p
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

I played around with Windows 8 in Currys and spotted a "desktop" gif. Clicking this took me to a screen that looks like Win 7, Vista, XP etc.

Seems OK to me if it is faster in other ways.

I think I'll install my Win 8 upgrade - and pray.

It's more advanced than W7 and there are ways to adjust UI with 3rd party programmes if necessary. Downgrading to W7 is impulsive, dramatic, and rather silly, IMO.