Holiday Showdown:8/6/05

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watch it last night? I love this program!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought both wifes were awful (in different ways though!)

Julie-needs to chill out a bit. She was so uptight it was unreal. I personally love Tenerife, but suppose it would be a bit much for an walking holiday person, still she could've lightened up, had af ew drinks and not acted like sargeant major to her family! Her younger son was a bit of a twat, what teenage boy wouldnt love Tenerife, rather than moan and slope about in dark clothes. Think his mums influence had rubbed off too much.

Cant remember the other wifes name offhand, the blonde loud mum.Julie and Girlypants were right, she did hide behind her asthma for a lot of activities and she acted very spoilt when told of the the Cumbria holiday. The uptight family had managed a week in Tenerife so she could have had the courtesy to wait till she got to Lake District before deciding she hated it. And al the palavar about wearing sensible mountain gear. 'GROW UP ' I was screaming at the TV!
Was nice to see her little girl doing the zipwire and outdoor things and totally loving it.

Suppose if you have bad asthma the idea of staying in a dusty barn would be extemely offputting but she didnt need to go off on one!
A simple 'I cant stay here' and off would've sufficed. The camera crew clearly werent going to be staying in the hut! Thoguh I suppose those are the moments that make it compulsive viewing! For me anyway :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    I thought it was ironic that the Tenerife mum moaned about the clothes she had to wear - when she was dressed like a complete tramp the rest of time.

I did think the Tenerife family were family awful people - in that they thought it was really big and clever to get drunk and that was the only way to have fun. And the dads shirts were so bright!

But then the Lake district family were also annoying - especially the young boy who thought it was really clever to swear in front of the camera. It was obvious that they really looked down on the other family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The younger son was a twat. Liked his petulant 'throwing of the table' at the end of the meal!

The whole lifeguard scared of water thing perplexed me somewhat.
  • pete taylorpete taylor Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this repeated?