Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    I'm surprised they all went for No.

Me too. Thought Toni would be a Yes, Louis would be deffo a No and Gino and Wife (why cant I ever remember her name :confused:) would be a Yes
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    Just eat the bloody breakfast Lewis!

Looked a good breakfast to me.

Karen looked like a slob in the kitchen. It would put me off.

It looked decent value for the cash although a little mucky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Me too! He can dish it out but he can't take it grrrr. Total game player.

I'd stay there, looks fine.
    I'd stay there too
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am going off him. Plus his wife has lost the ability to speak.

Loving the two girls.

Just because one of them has short dyed blonde hair. :D
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd stay there too

Me too, I think if you were on the right side of the girls, you could waste a day larking about with them.

At least they aren't being too serious about it.

Louis is a total weanker.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    I really didn't think it looked mucky. Old windows can collect the grime around the panes, especially when not double glazed - but as they said, your building is your building.

The breakfasts for variety and portion sized looked one of the better ones shown on FiaB. I think I saw a comment from Toni that the orange juice wasn't so good, but everything else seemed to be well complimented.
    I would prefer a cook to wear an overall, but as a rule you wouldn't see would you.

I have to say, depending on the noise levels from the pub, I'd rather stay there than the other two venues we've seen so far (if it was an ensuite room) even if we didn't take price and location into consideration.

PS BG, Mrs Gino is named Lorraine :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Just because one of them has short dyed blonde hair. :D

I quite like Karen's hair...not much different to mine :D

For what it is (a pub with rooms above it), I thought their places was ok. Rooms looked big enough, stylish enough and the breakfast looked fine to me.

For £65 a night, I would be quite happy to stay there for a night. Plus, there's a pub so wouldnt have far to crawl.....oops, walk home :o:D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I would love to stay there, the ladies were friendly and down to earth, just what I look for in a B&B. Not a bad price for rooms either, and what a massive brekkie!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Me too! He can dish it out but he can't take it grrrr. Total game player.

I'd stay there, looks fine.

Seems really cheap for the area but it gets a few knocks on Tripadvisor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Me too, I think if you were on the right side of the girls, you could waste a day larking about with them.

At least they aren't being too serious about it.

Louis is a total weanker.

They seem pretty "normal" to me...ie. you could have a laugh with them.

And yes, Louis is coming across as a bit of a t w a t ;)
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I really didn't think it looked mucky. Old windows can collect the grime around the panes, especially when not double glazed - but as they said, your building is your building.
    And possibly not their building to do what they like with anyway - perhaps, as it's a pub, it's leased... or rented from the owner...

I like the girls but probably wouldn't stay there because rooms above pubs usually smelly beery and fumey (though at least not smoky any more) and centre of town properties on main roads just don't appeal to me. If they had a country pub to the same standards I would be more likely to stay.

The activity was pants... who on earth thought that would make good tv... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    And possibly not their building to do what they like with anyway - perhaps, as it's a pub, it's leased... or rented from the owner...

I like the girls but probably wouldn't stay there because rooms above pubs usually smelly beery and fumey (though at least not smoky any more) and centre of town properties on main roads just don't appeal to me. If they had a country pub to the same standards I would stay.

The activity was pants... who on earth thought that would make good tv... :rolleyes:

It could have been worse, they might have summoned up Fred West.:eek:
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    The room rates seem very reasonable but there are some pretty naff reviews on Tripadvisor.

The séance probably means they will conjure up ghost-gate.

Most of the recent reviews too.

It sounds like it has gone downhill rather quickly.

I am not surprised if the place is as dirty as it appeared on the show.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd stay there, it looked fine for the price. Nothing especially wrong with it and the breakfast looked good, decent portions too. :)

As for the competition, I don't mind a bit of gameplaying but some contestants this week are just being plain spiteful and that's a very nasty trait. :mad:
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I am not surprised if the place is as dirty as it appeared on the show.

I haven't read the reviews on TA to be honest. I am still intrigued as to who Andrea is (on the website) but weren't you more surprised on the muck on the bathroom floor last night, especially after Louis's comment tonight about having a strong word with housekeeping.

Normandie, I wouldn't have expected it to be their building to be honest and yes, the town centre noise (also at The Royal Sportman possibly which looks to be located on a High Street) would get to me.

The smelliest hotel room I've ever stayed in was, ironically, at Ruth Watson's (formerly of The Hotel Inspector) Crown and Castle. It was extremely unpleasant because it was above the kitchens and the ensuite smelled as though the kitchen extractor vented straight into our room. Our clothes ended up all smelling of cooking.
    I should point out that this was something like six years ago, before they had a total refurb and I imagine that's a problem that's since been addressed.
    We were very shocked though.

Ten_Ben, I wonder what's gone on that we haven't seen, re the game playing?
    It's a bit of an odd week I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching on plus 1 and trying to avoid your comments folks. Oh why do people have to have this kind of furnishing in lovely old properties. Yes Louis it is a small room ..it's a little pub!
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    If Louis wanted to taste the breakfast selections on offer why did they both order full English breakfasts? Surely they could have ordered one between them plus a.n.other.

I worry about Louis. A stroke waiting to happen - and where is the FUN in his life? Somebody is responsible for nurturing a child who became an adult constantly struggling to prove himself - and largely to people who couldn't care less. Personalities do count in this programme (as a trawl through this forum proves) and charm and warmth wins over strong personality traits every time, particularly when the prices (as this week) are pretty similar.

Let's see what these two macho men (and their lovely ladies) make of the efforts of a single woman tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theid wrote: »
    Let's see what these two macho men (and their lovely ladies) make of the efforts of a single woman tomorrow.

I like Toni and am really hoping that her place is really nice, just so that she can wipe the smile of "smug" Louis' face.

I think Louis thinks his place is far better than it is in actual reality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Everything Louis talks about revolves around himself and what he has done.....I haven't heard him ask any questions about anyone else.........a really annoying person and is this weeks annoying git (there is usually always one)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Louis wanted to taste the breakfast selections on offer why did they both order full English breakfasts? Surely they could have ordered one between them plus a.n.other.

I thought both Louis and his wife were quite rude at breakfast. If they just wanted to "taste" each item, then dont order a full english and waste all that food.

And why did they just want to "taste" the food at today's place. He hasnt done that in any of the other establishments....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Agree with the previous comment that Louis has a touch of the Julian Peck about him - bigging up his hotel, which really isn't that special.

To be fair to Louis, there's nothing seriously 'wrong' with his hotel - it just lacks the wow factor that would justify the price he's asking.

As for look-a-likes - I think Louis' wife has a look of June Brown about her (when she's herself rather than in her Dot Cotton persona)

Yes, she does!

Louis' personality reminds me of 'Mr Mainwaring' from 'Dad's Army'.

I noticed on Karen's facebook page she states she is a foliage grower, supplying foliage for supermarket bouquets. She doesn't mention working in the hotel on the page.

I am scared of seances. I woudn't have taken part.

More 'no's'!
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I worry about Louis. A stroke waiting to happen - and where is the FUN in his life? Somebody is responsible for nurturing a child who became an adult constantly struggling to prove himself - and largely to people who couldn't care less. Personalities do count in this programme (as a trawl through this forum proves) and charm and warmth wins over strong personality traits every time, particularly when the prices (as this week) are pretty similar.

I was called away earlier so I'm watching on +1 now.

I agee about Louis, he is making me feel a bit sorry for him despite him being unlikeable. His wife seems to like her husband a great deal, as did Julian Pecks.

I dont like tomorrows single woman either, there is an odd vibe from her.

Gino and his wife are growing on me a little bit.
  • autumnautumn Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought both Louis and his wife were quite rude at breakfast. If they just wanted to "taste" each item, then dont order a full english and waste all that food.

And why did they just want to "taste" the food at today's place. He hasnt done that in any of the other establishments....

Agree. The wife saying she only expected one piece of bacon was just ridiculous, and a lie. This show is really starting to annoy me as nearly everyone is game playing, but they always deny it. They don't seem to realise that their personalities and actions play a big part in how people see their B&B.
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The seance woman saying the foreigner has travelled. Reminds me of Dara OBriain talking about mediums in Ireland saying "have you lost a Mary" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Louis making the ouija board all about him :mad::rolleyes:....i'm surprised he didnt go up on stage and sing all about himself
This discussion has been closed.