Options

Under The Dome Season 2 date !!

Hi

Was watching tv this morning and in one of the ad breaks it previewed UTD Season 2 - June 30th with the tag line.............whatever was outside the dome..............has now come in !! Eeeeeeek !!

Gonna give the second season a go.............just to find out what was outside the dome.............mind you I said the same about LOST !!

Dave

Comments

• Options
    whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh almost forgot - 2 season regulars WONT make it past the first episode.........which is directed by Stephen King.

Dave
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ugh...I hated what they done to this Novel. Horrible series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it confirmed they were Aliens that had put the dome up in the final episode ?

Dave
  • Options
    pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you see this? As I believe it is the US airdate and not UK

~ pokemaster
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I thought the best bits were the continental chocolate biscuits.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Sorry should have clarified - I was watching Lets Make A Deal on ustv - I am in the uk but have access to a slingbox in the usa.

Yes its the usa premier............

Dave
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Was it confirmed they were Aliens that had put the dome up in the final episode ?

Dave
    No. Nothing was revealed. The cliffhanger was whether Barbie would be killed. Oh and there was some pseudo-mystical sheannigans about butterflies and the sky went dark :sleep:
    From the show's wiki:
    Baer [one of the producers] has stated that he knows what the ending of the show will be and that five seasons of thirteen episodes would be an ideal length.
    Ye gods!!! 4 more bloody seasons. Considering how little the story moved forwards in the whole of season #1 I won't be watching (though I might catch up with the finale as and when)
    As for "the ending" does that mean he's actually, you know, read the book?
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I bought the book a couple of months ago. Still not started it yet (got other books that require reading first), but I don't think I'll start til Season 2 is over. It's a HUUUGE book and I'm a relatively slow reader so even if I started now I doubt I'd get it finished before S2 starts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    No. Nothing was revealed. The cliffhanger was whether Barbie would be killed. Oh and there was some pseudo-mystical sheannigans about butterflies and the sky went dark :sleep:
    From the show's wiki:
    Ye gods!!! 4 more bloody seasons. Considering how little the story moved forwards in the whole of season #1 I won't be watching (though I might catch up with the finale as and when)

You see thats what I remember as well...............however on the season 2 trail one of the producers says " Now we know that the dome came from another world and its there to protect them............. " and I'm sat there thinking - do we ?

Have I missed something ??

Looks like I'm not the only one that wasn't paying attention - here's the clip from the preview............about 40 secs in............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZ7R-F0ZEY

Dave
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Before the show even aired the Producers said the ending on the show was going to be different to the books.

I think King himself may have come up with the alternative ending (or possibly just approved of it).
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    You see thats what I remember as well...............however on the season 2 trail one of the producers says " Now we know that the dome came from another world and its there to protect them............. " and I'm sat there thinking - do we ?
    Yes, it's odd that. Presumably the producers must believe that they have told us that, even if everyone who's watched the show missed it completely - or utterly misunderstood the significance of whatever scene the "reveal" was in (my guess is that it was the fireworks). Though if they really are that crap at storytelling, that they cant even get basic notions across, then it explains a lot about the show..

As for who gets the chop: (this could be more fun than watching series #2) Since it's two of the "regulars", I'd expect it wouldn't be any of the mainstream characters, unless they are trying to get away from it - which could mean Barbie, or they've found a better gig elsewhere). So from the second tier, my guess would be the DJ guy and maybe the kids' hippy friend
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's odd that. Presumably the producers must believe that they have told us that, even if everyone who's watched the show missed it completely - or utterly misunderstood the significance of whatever scene the "reveal" was in (my guess is that it was the fireworks). Though if they really are that crap at storytelling, that they cant even get basic notions across, then it explains a lot about the show..

A quick look in the Season 1 thread shows that people knew the Dome was put there to protect the people of the town so that idea was gotten across.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I loved this series and thought it was amazing - much better then the book
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I struggled to the end of S1 so I don't think I'll be bothering with a second season.