The Digital Spy Apprentice Series 4

_NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry about posting this here but the Apprentice forum is pretty dead right now, so just seeing if there's possibly any interest in it here from people on this forum who may not have seen the thread before!

If anyone’s unaware of the format, it pretty much follows that from the main show: 10+ DS members will be chosen to take part and be split into two teams each task, and will be given a task which they must work together to complete. These tasks will vary greatly and have been designed to test a number of your skills for example your creativity skills may be tested when you’re given the exciting opportunity to create a new product to fit the market, or your potential entrepreneurial skills may be put to the test as you’re faced with the daunting task of creating a new idea for the business, or you may be tested on your initiative and ability to find the best bargains on the ended may be tested in the obligatory scavenger hunt task. The aim is to work well in a team, whilst shine as an individual at the same time. After each task, a boardroom will occur where one (or more!) candidate will be fired, right until the end where we end up with our next Digital Spy Apprentice!

If you want to have a look at some of the previously used tasks, look no further than this thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1839884&highlight=

If you want to see how the boardroom works, take a look at one of the classic boardrooms from the last series: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1853213&highlight=

For people who are familiar with the format, things will be running pretty much the same as before except one considerable difference. Previously candidates have used Microsoft Messenger for the team meetings, but we’ve decided due to the fact that Messenger is officially no longer running and incredibly hard to install now, we propose instead that Skype will be used for team meetings as well. Not only will this be easier for everyone to get, but it also works better as you can keep a continuous group chat that everyone stays in despite being offline, making it easier for both contestants and advisors to keep up with the task. So if you’re thinking of playing and don’t have Skype then definitely try and install it, if that doesn’t work then please tell me and we’ll sort something out.

As the winner of last series, I will be playing the role of LAS this series, and I also have two advisors who will be keeping a close look on the tasks and candidates, they will be revealed at the same time as the candidates. All we need now is contestants! If you want to take part then please send me (_NiallDEE_) a PM. Please include in this PM what you would like to be known as throughout the course of the competition (eg your real name) and also a few lines (or paragraphs!) on why you want to take part and what you think you can bring to the competition. If you’re unsure about what to include in this then take a look here for a general idea of what to include!

The start date will hopefully be this Monday so make sure you tell me before that if you want to take part!

I hope you all consider taking part, it’s great fun and a very rewarding experience. If you’re worried you can’t take part due to holidays or anything then don’t worry as we’ll try and structure tasks around times when people are away. If you’re not interested in being a contestant then please stick around as a viewer as it’s brilliant from a viewer’s perspective as well :D If you have any questions feel free to ask below!