What food/drink tastes the same everywhere?

mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There is some food/drink that tastes the same everywhere you go. It doesn't matter if you are in Australia, Brazil or Switzerland it still tastes the same.

I find McDonalds fries taste the same everywhere. I haven't had it too much but whenever I have had Pizza Hut I find the taste exactly the same.

One brand that I find different is Cadbury's. It tastes a lot different in US/Canada to the UK. Very sickly.

Comments

• pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken and sweetcorn soup from a chinese. Looks and tastes exactly the same no matter where you get it
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had Coca Cola in the UK, India, and USA. Tasted all the same. Other fizzy drinks such as Fanta taste different accross the board, to cater for different countries' tastes.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Butterkist popcorn and pepsi.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had Coca Cola in the UK, India, and USA. Tasted all the same. Other fizzy drinks such as Fanta taste different accross the board, to cater for different countries' tastes.

I have never tried it but I know when Kosher coke is available here, people stock up on it because it is suppose to taste a lot better.

They don't have Fanta Lemon here but for me the UK version is the best. I found a Polish one but really didn't like it.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottled water?
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B**rger K**g. chips or fries

Taste as good [ I'm a fan ] whether in Dallas or Dundee, that's pretty good corporate quality control.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kebab is pretty much the same wherever it comes back up
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mcdonalds I find differs. It's much tastier and there are more spicy options in the Far East.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mcdonalds I find differs. It's much tastier and there are more spicy options in the Far East.
    I had McD's in India and New York. Gorgeous in both places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never tried it but I know when Kosher coke is available here, people stock up on it because it is suppose to taste a lot better.

They don't have Fanta Lemon here but for me the UK version is the best. I found a Polish one but really didn't like it.
    Where are you located?

I have had Fanta orange UK version and a foreign Fanta orange (also here in the UK, as it arrived with a takeaway), and the foreign version, I can't remember what the lingo was on the bottle, maybe it was Arabic so possibly a Middle Eastern import, was different both in colour and in taste - tasted hideous! Too sweet and not enough orangey flavour.

I am keen to try this kosher Coca Cola now! I didn't know there was such a thing. Do you know what makes regular Coca Cola non-kosher?
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    I had McD's in India and New York. Gorgeous in both places.

McDonalds - gorgeous?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    McDonalds - gorgeous?
    Yes, it was.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot imagine travelling abroad and eating McDonalds or Burger King, tho to be fair I don't eat them here. But each to their own as they say.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diet Coke/Coke Light tastes weird in the Caribbean.

Lays is very much the same everywhere, even if it's in Arabic packaging.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was in Florida I was surprised st the colour difference in Fanta Orange. Here it's very pale, almost yellow but over there it is, well erm..orange. EDIT - Sorry missed Victoria Sponge's post about this.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    McDonalds - gorgeous?

Well I suppose if you're used to eating shit, then yeah, maybe ;-)
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are you located?

I have had Fanta orange UK version and a foreign Fanta orange (also here in the UK, as it arrived with a takeaway), and the foreign version, I can't remember what the lingo was on the bottle, maybe it was Arabic so possibly a Middle Eastern import, was different both in colour and in taste - tasted hideous! Too sweet and not enough orangey flavour.

I am keen to try this kosher Coca Cola now! I didn't know there was such a thing. Do you know what makes regular Coca Cola non-kosher?

I'm in Canada, and think we are opposite with our tastes, I like it sweet, that is why I like the UK version best.

Here is a thread from another forum:
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-kosher-coke-passover-2013-edition-1305778/
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose if you're used to eating shit, then yeah, maybe ;-)

I am used to eating great home cooked food and eat out regularly at nice restaurants.

I still love a McDonlads once in a while though :)