✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    PM'd you sithlord3k

Thanks boxx.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    NP
    I'm a little lost in this game and it's been a long time since I've felt that. I'm chipping away at it though and really enjoying it. The music is awesome!
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i enjoy the game even though it does frustrate me alot...since i seem to have a uncanny ability to pull mobs with 8x the amount of health i have. On my server the people are friendly enough, and not a few minutes ago i and a bunch of other people just killed Kraggar the Earth-Render world boss..didn't get anything from him though excpt for a title and achievment
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    payday for me tomorrow! Going to be treating my self to the deluxe version :D

WOOP! finally made up my mind :D
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Playing as a Mordesh, the beginning of the game reminds me of
    Firefly
    for some reason. Gameplay is very Final Fantasy-ish, and I love the damage meters (remind me of Marvel vs Capcom), the colours and characters.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm level 11 now, keep getting side tracked with things in the game, so much to do.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to give this game a try. I played early beta and couldn't make up my mind if I was willing to buy it or not. Would love to try it again to see the changes they made and if I think it's worth buying. Might wait a couple of months until the price goes down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW, after my guest pass expires, will I have to buy and subscribe, or just subscribe ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    BTW, after my guest pass expires, will I have to buy and subscribe, or just subscribe ?

Buy and subscribe. You get 30 days time with the purchase though, and I'd imagine they'll send you reduced rates for digital purchases or something if you don't sign up after a week/month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Buy and subscribe. You get 30 days time with the purchase though, and I'd imagine they'll send you reduced rates for digital purchases or something if you don't sign up after a week/month.

Hmmm... ok. Thanks cat666!
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got the game and it's currently installing. :D

None of my friends play MMO's so all 3 of my guest pass keys are up for grabs. Anyone wanting one either reply here or send me a PM :cool:
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    the farther I get into wildstar and start to understand it better the more I am liking it

some of the zones are quite innovative and fun in a very quirky way

It can be a bit of a grind doing some of the quests and you die quite a lot while questing which is almost unheard of now in certain other games ;-)

dungeons are quite tough and fast paced , still levelling so not tried and of the veteran modes

all in all extremely happy I decided to play it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You die a lot when questing for two reasons.

1. The zones span 10-15 levels so level 15 mobs are next to level 20 mobs.
    2. The path through the zone isn't clear or wildly zig-zagging.

To be honest it's my least favourite part of Wildstar. It's no fun exploring a zone and suddenly wandering into a pack of mobs you have no hope of killing.
  • Options
    Forum Member

To be honest it's my least favourite part of Wildstar. It's no fun exploring a zone and suddenly wandering into a pack of mobs you have no hope of killing.

I disagree tbh

having the occasional "oh sh!t" moment is part of the fun

like the first time I wandered into western plaguelands on my little undead warrior and wondered why the black bears had skulls on their portrait, before finding out rather quickly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    I disagree tbh

having the occasional "oh sh!t" moment is part of the fun

like the first time I wandered into western plaguelands on my little undead warrior and wondered why the black bears had skulls on their portrait, before finding out rather quickly

Yes the occasional moment. Like the odd rare or elite mob.

Wildstar has too many of them, too close together thanks to the zones spanning multiple levels. I just hit Whitevale yesterday and there is no clear path through the zone, and the level 22 starting bit is surrounded by level 24 and 26 hubs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes the occasional moment. Like the odd rare or elite mob.

Wildstar has too many of them, too close together thanks to the zones spanning multiple levels. I just hit Whitevale yesterday and there is no clear path through the zone, and the level 22 starting bit is surrounded by level 24 and 26 hubs.

sorry but that sort of comment is an indictment of how much WoW has dumbed down the MMO genre , games aren't meant to hold your hand and make everything safe for you and be completely linear like the levelling experience in WoW has become

who cares if there isn't a "clear path" go and find stuff out for yourself , there is enough pointers to be able to work things out and know where to go next
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booty luv wrote: »
    None of my friends play MMO's so all 3 of my guest pass keys are up for grabs. Anyone wanting one either reply here or send me a PM :cool:

Yeah I'm intrigued if you still have a spare key please :)
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've reached level 20 and not had anything like this happen. It's an MMO.. general rule is you avoid mobs. If you're pulling packs of mobs 5 levels above you I think you might be doing something wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <Shame>
    I've gone back to WoW.
    </Shame>

Not sure why it's happened. I spent a good year 100% uninterested in anything to do with the game. But I think a combination of Wildstar reigniting the MMO spark and the WoD beta stuff happening and I've suddenly become interested in it again.

I feel dirty admitting to that. :/

It's a bit like having two relationships. You've a new relationship that takes a lot of work and you're unsure about a lot of things (Wildstar) or you can go back to your ex who you know perfectly and you know exactly how to please (WoW).
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha, I recently cancelled my WoW subscription. In April last year, my guild of 5 years or so disbanded and I changed servers. My new guild disbanded and I cba to find a new one.

I have cravings to raid so badly! But I just can't get into the other aspects of WoW (such as improving my gear since I've missed most of ToT (My guild disbanded about 3 weeks into ToT and SoO)).

I hated Wildstar beta, but thinking of giving it another chance. I really liked the way combat worked. Can get it for around 30 euro on Kinguin (also, ESO is like £10 on Amazon! It must be doing terribly...). As someone who prefers healing classes, healing must be amazingly fun in Wildstar.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just gave in and bought the steelbook edition on Amazon for £35. Should be here tomorrow. I'm a sucker for collector editiony type things :(! The game world looks awful to me, but DAMN that healing looks amazing.

Anyone wanna be lovely and send me a friend code so I can play whilst I wait for my copy to arrive? :D! ALSO WHAT SERVER SHOULD I JOIN?!?! and faction?!
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,102
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of returning to WoW having been away since early 2011. But I'd heard good things about this game so I brought it instead and received my copy yesterday.

However..

In all my years playing MMO's I've never seen a game that puts so many obstacles in the way of getting started. It's almost as though they don't want me to subscribe :) Installed the game but had no hints or prompts about adding the serial or creating an account. No option to do this in game either so I close the game and find the link on the NCSoft website. Notice the Guildwars 2 on the register page which makes me think I can log in with my Guildwars 2 account. It's been a year since I played GW2 so I wasn't sure of my password. Try a few options, no joy so try the password reset but no email. So I did an internet search and found that the NCSoft account is not the same as the GW2 account (very misleading on their website I have to say).

So I try to register an account instead. First attempt (after trying ages to get a Catchca code that was readable) and I get a error "Can't register" or something like that. Very odd, so try again. Same issue. Do another search online and find a forum that suggests the Display Name was probably rejected so I try one that very random and finally it gets accepted. Why it doesn't tell you what's wrong is beyond me.

You'd think after this it would be plain sailing, sadly no. I get my confirmation email and go to log in to the website. However, I now get a "Too many attempts please try again in a few minutes" error which prevents me from logging in to the account I've just created even though I've never attempted to log in to that account. Turns out it's locked me out because I tried a few times with my GW2 login earlier. But it's locked me out via IP address as I tried on different browsers and even a different PC. I get what they are trying to do here but they've gone about it in the worst way possible.

By this point I was getting fed up. I contact support who couldn't find the account that they'd just sent a confirmation email to. Then they told me it was a sliding expiry on that error and every attempt to log in started the clock running again. So I go out, come back 2 hours later and still the same error. Tried this morning and it had finally unlocked.

Okay so time to add my serial to unlock the game but now it want's my billing information. Add my address and the site gives me another error "Failed" or something like that. Sigh.. However I noticed that it had now activated the 30 days without the need for a credit card (despite the game box insisting it was required) and I finally.. finally.. managed to access the game.

Perhaps I've been unlucky here. I hope so because it's seems they are breaking the primary rule of subscription services, namely "Create the least difficult barrier to entry as possible".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And I'm now so annoyed by it all that the game will need to work extra hard to impress me if they want me as a subscriber. Frankly I'm thinking I should have just gone back to WoW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    And I'm now so annoyed by it all that the game will need to work extra hard to impress me if they want me as a subscriber. Frankly I'm thinking I should have just gone back to WoW.

The game isn't doing very well for itself sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The game isn't doing very well for itself sadly.

It's a shame because it's actually not a bad game. It's still a WoW-clone like pretty much every mmo since 2005 but it's a good one.

There's still a market for a new MMO imo but it can't be yet another WoW-like game, it needs to be different.