Options

E3 Nintendo Conference Discussion (5pm BST)

DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yay!

Been waiting for a new Golden Sun, had almost forgotten about the franchise. Glad to see it's back :D

Anybody fans of the previous titles (Golden Sun and The Lost Age)?

Comments

• Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time... the first Golden Sun was fantastic, and the sequel was ruddy good too. I don't have a Wii, just a DS, and Golden Sun is exactly what I'd have wished for...
  • Options
    DiversoDiverso Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I don't have a Wii

Good, keep it that way, Nintendo's press release is a complete joke. :mad: Where are the hardcore (or just actual games) that they promised. Wii Fit Plus is NOT a game. :mad:
  • Options
    SegaGodSegaGod Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diverso wrote: »
    Good, keep it that way, Nintendo's press release is a complete joke. :mad: Where are the hardcore (or just actual games) that they promised. Wii Fit Plus is NOT a game. :mad:

Agreed. This conference is bombing . And now iwata is talking about sales again :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SegaGod wrote: »
    Agreed. This conference is bombing . And now iwata is talking about sales again :yawn:
    Oh Wii vitality sensor, just what the Wii needed. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a new Zelda, damn it. And not Spirit Tracks, I mean a proper Wii one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, agree this press conference is bombing. Booooooring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do they keep mentioning the same games over and over again? they all suck we know. Stop emphasising it. :mad:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To me the Wii is a family fun console. I don't know why people get so aggrovated about that fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    layne wrote: »
    To me the Wii is a family fun console. I don't know why people get so aggrovated about that fact.

The problem is that a console NEEDS games, and although I agree that the Wii is family friendly, Zelda is family friendly, Mario is family friendly, where are they? Super Mario Galaxy 2 seems like a clone of Galaxy 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well mario saved the conference
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that a console NEEDS games, and although I agree that the Wii is family friendly, Zelda is family friendly, Mario is family friendly, where are they? Super Mario Galaxy 2 seems like a clone of Galaxy 1.

I have been waiting for a new Mario game, my kids are going to love it. They or should I say we enjoyed playing it together. I am excited for them, because it really helped with turn taking ect..
    The Wii has games. I think an improvement to Wii fit is a good thing, and is also a game tied in with exercise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it me or didn't we know about it already. Prior to the conference. I read about it earlier.

Sorry that people are annoyed they didn't announce the type of games they had hoped for. I have to admit I am glad they didn't go OTT, kids need to be outside enjoying the weather etc more than sitting in front of a wii so the mario game is fine with me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Another let down. At least theres a Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid will do ok.

Other than that, pretty standard stuff, nothing particuarly exciting. It's getting difficult to defend my wii against my h/m's ps3/360.

Ah well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrCheese86 wrote: »
    Another let down. At least theres a Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid will do ok.

Other than that, pretty standard stuff, nothing particuarly exciting. It's getting difficult to defend my wii against my h/m's ps3/360.

Ah well.

I think the Wii is a parents dream come true in many ways in terms of family fun outside of board games for long winter nights and rainy days. That's my argumentation, the downside for me? No tekken :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mario Galaxy 2 was a good announcement, and I'm hyped for Metroid. Glad they've ditched the 1st person look for the new game - don't get me wrong, it worked well, but we've needed a 3rd-person look in the vein of Super Metroid for a while now.

Looks good.

No new Zelda though for Wii, so I'm not a happy bunny overall. I was hoping it would be a big, super announcement. They've been on the QT for 2 years now, hmm...
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sucked.

Wii Fit Plus
    More Mario
    Metroid
    Golden Sun
    The odd third party game
    Wii sports 2
    That daft finger sensor...

I can see myself buying none of this.
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy hell, are you people ever happy?
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    I watched hoping for an F-zero Wii announcement, just like i did last year, and just like last year i didn't get one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy hell, are you people ever happy?

I think die hard gamers won't ever really be happy with the Wii. Which in a way is understandable.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes but it seemed to much like Super Mario Galaxy 1
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member

No, Metroid did. Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks too much like the first one. They should have left it standalone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but it seemed to much like Super Mario Galaxy 1

I don't realy mind that now. They cant exactly rely on third partys to supply them with plenty of games, so they might aswell do what everyone else does and release onme of there main games every year or two
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    This sucked.

Wii Fit Plus
    More Mario
    Metroid
    Golden Sun
    The odd third party game
    Wii sports 2
    That daft finger sensor

I can see myself buying none of this.

They described the finger sensor as a device which can help you to fall asleep, I wish they would create something to stop the dust gathering on my Wii.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it wern't a total disaster realy, we got three potentialy good games announced. Where was the retro title though? i thought they was announcing something? And im suprised mario was announced before zelda
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone like New Super Mario Bros Wii? to me it seemed like one of those mini games you get in the Mario Party games.:eek: There's a reason why Mario adventure games are one player games, it's because more than one person would suck, can you imagine playing with a friend and one of you gets stuck behind? they automatically lose a life when off screen. :mad: