Options

Sky HD installed. Loss of signal upstairs

JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
Forum Member
We had Sky HD installed yesterday. All is working perfectly downstairs.

The problem we are having however is that the TV upstairs has lost all its freeview channels. Furthermore every analogue channel is just showing white fuzz.

Retuned the TV upstairs but just keep getting the same results.

Comments

• Options
    notachancenotachance Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the aerial hasn't been plugged into the back of the HD box or the RF Out 1, 2 or both hasn't been reconnected at the back of the HD box.

Have you had a look at the back of the HD box to make sure everything is connected properly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just had a look.

Everything was in the right place. Also made sure everything was pushed in properly.
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamfocus wrote: »
    Just had a look.

Everything was in the right place. Also made sure everything was pushed in properly.

Try taking the aerial out and connect it directly to the cable feeding upstairs and thus by-passing the hd box and see if that improves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CTD101 wrote: »
    Try taking the aerial out and connect it directly to the cable feeding upstairs and thus by-passing the hd box and see if that improves it.

Just given it a go with no luck. Tried to retune but still no picture on any channel.

Think I may need to get the Sky engineer back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Do you have just the one extra feed from you sky box?
    You could have a distribution amplifier that is powered from your sky box & the 'installer' hasn't switched on th rf2 supply out of your box.
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just given it a go with no luck. Tried to retune but still no picture on any channel.

Think I may need to get the Sky engineer back.

Have you tried connecting your aerial to the main tv (if it has freeview) or do you have an amplifier like aerialman has suggested?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As far as I'm aware I don't have a distribution amplifier.

Tried the aerial in main Tv, but still no luck.

Going to ring the guy who installed it tomorrow morning in the hope he'll know what to do.
  • Options
    NectarNectar Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I'm aware I don't have a distribution amplifier.

Tried the aerial in main Tv, but still no luck.

Going to ring the guy who installed it tomorrow morning in the hope he'll know what to do.

Have you checked that your TV aerial hasn't fallen off the roof?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nectar wrote: »
    Have you checked that your TV aerial hasn't fallen off the roof?

Its still there thankfully.

After closer inspection I have found an amplifier. However its not plugged into anything.

I've plugged it in to the mains and it has three slots on it. TV2, TV1, ANT. Anyone any idea what I do now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Hi mate i had the same problems i changed the rf channel on my hd box and retuned my tv to pick it up from downstairs if its any help i changed my rf channel to 25.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    You don't need to change the RF output, you jusy need to switch on the RF2 power in the menu.
    Press services 001 select & look for the RF tab.