StvHD

finally some breakthrough!
Thank you for your email.

STV HD has been announced and will initially be available via Digital Terrestrial (DTT) HD and Virgin cable. As digital switchover progresses, the DTT service will become universally available though we appreciate this will take some time. However, STV will be part of the advance network, bringing HD on DTT to over half of Scottish homes served by the Black Hill transmitter immediately.

We absolutely want to have STV HD on satellite too and are working with Sky, Freesat and ITV Network with a view to the service being available soon. Hopefully we will be in a position to announce further developments shortly.

Thank you for your interest in STV HD - we are working hard to get the service up and running as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

STV Viewer Contact

Comments

• mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    That was announced over a month ago so time is ticking on for the World Cup.
  • ALANMALANM Posts: 2,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STV claims that it has now launched the HD service on virgin media channel 113 - is this info correct?
    At the moment, STV HD is available to all Virgin Media viewers, Freeview viewers who receive their signal from the Blackhill transmitter and Freeview viewers who live in a region that has undergone stage 2 of the Digital Switchover

http://www.stv.tv/stvhd#programmes
  • thetman1701thetman1701 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    ALANM wrote: »
    STV claims that it has now launched the HD service on virgin media channel 113 - is this info correct?

http://www.stv.tv/stvhd#programmes

Not on my V+ it isn't
  • SiriusSirius Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That does seem to suggest something is imminent.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on my V+ it isn't

Not here either but then I'm not far from you (M/well)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had a look at the test transmission on satellite which is currently showing Britain's Got Talent. Crap programme of course but great PQ and it's DOG free. Let's hope things stay that way after the official launch:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had a look at the test transmission on satellite which is currently showing Britain's Got Talent. Crap programme of course but great PQ and it's DOG free. Let's hope things stay that way after the official launch:)

Isnt BGT broadcast in SD?

ITV Hd only has the dog when its a HD programme. Maybe STV hd is the same.
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member

ITV Hd only has the dog when its a HD programme. Maybe STV hd is the same.
    Yes BGT has been SD - but is HD from Monday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just pressed the "i" button on my remote to check the programme details; these confirm stv broadcast is native HD. Looks like ITV HD viewers will have to settle for upscaled SD when BGT appears on that channel later this afternoon though.

STV may have acquired an HD version for test purposes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread is giving me hope of this STV HD in time for World Cup like they said it would.
    Lets hope anyway.
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Media Boy is reporting that STV HD is launching on June 11th on Virgin Channel 113 (In Scotland only).

He found info from Sky HD on Twitter and www.STV.tv/stvhd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gagde wrote: »
    Media Boy is reporting that STV HD is launching on June 11th on Virgin Channel 113 (In Scotland only).

That would be just fantastic if they get it all working for the 11th....here's hoping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    gagde wrote: »

He found info from Sky HD on Twitter and www.STV.tv/stvhd.
    My main TV is Virgin but I have a Sky upstairs was able to add STV HD to "add channels" and it looks good on HD. Cheers
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    Just pressed the "i" button on my remote to check the programme details; these confirm stv broadcast is native HD. Looks like ITV HD viewers will have to settle for upscaled SD when BGT appears on that channel later this afternoon though.

STV may have acquired an HD version for test purposes.
    The STVHD programme info is not acurate - it reported the very of 'Touch of Frost' this afternoon, which was so old it was 4:3, was in HD,
  • BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My main TV is Virgin but I have a Sky upstairs was able to add STV HD to "add channels" and it looks good on HD. Cheers

I've added STV HD to my Sky box, it's using full 1920x1080 resolution, and not 1440x1080 like ITV1 HD uses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    News on STV HD.... (Recv e-mail today from STV)

Thank you for your email.

STV has confirmed the launch of its first High Definition service, STV HD, bringing viewers Scotland’s most popular peak time TV schedule in crystal clear clarity, making programmes brighter and sharper than ever before.

STV HD will be available on Digital Terrestrial Television/Freeview on channel 51 and on Virgin Media on channel 113 from 7 June, in time for the World Cup launching on 11 June.

The channel will feature all of the 2010 FIFA World Cup games exclusive to STV throughout the tournament in High Definition, bringing viewers closer to the most exciting sports event of the year like never before. Viewers can also get closer to the action of all their favourite shows, such as X-Factor, Coronation Street and Taggart, as this cutting edge technology presents STV in amazing detail.

STV is currently working with Sky, Freesat and ITV Network with a view to making STV HD available via satellite as soon as possible and will provide an update on this in due course.

For further information and a Q&A on HD on STV, please visit www.stv.tv/stvhd.

Kind Regards
  • timpotimpo Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb.........................:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news and earlier than I had hoped for.
  • thetman1701thetman1701 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    STV HD now being marketed on the world cup trailers. Looks like STV have finally got thier act together.
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    STV HD?

Just pray that The Hour isn't shown in HD as Michelle McManus looks hideous enough in SD without her face being shown in four times more detail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    STV HD is up and running. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebastion wrote: »

woohooo excellent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    looks like they got the go ahead to go live early - the stvhd site still says its the 6th that its going live :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    sebastion wrote: »

I checked 113 last night about 10PM (greenock area) and was nothing there.
    has things changed since then?
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skidbhoy wrote: »
    I checked 113 last night about 10PM (greenock area) and was nothing there.
    has things changed since then?

Yes, it's broadcasting now.