Options

SYCO have spoken - Luke Friend is the chosen one

InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
Forum Member
Standing ovations (only act to get all 4 standing), camera first to pan to him always smiling, excellent order slots (everyone who turned over from BBC1 at 8:15 conveniently saw him start at 8:16 so early today is no issue), positive VT's, always given songs that suit his somewhat throaty voice.

I'm happy they have chosen him as the winner as he does seem like a nice chap :)

Comments

• Options
    anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    More like they've gone off Sam/Nick and they are trying to give him some momentum
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tenuous at best.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    If you are right then I wouldn't be too disappointed. One of the best tonight
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved him tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Chosen one' thread no. 54036 on DS.....
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I completely agree. I think the three they want are - Tamera, Luke and Rough Copy.
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been a Luke fan from the beginning and I would love it if he reached the final - but DO NOT want him to win as he'd be ruined by Syco. I just hope he gets far so he can build a fan base :). I still think Tamera is the chosen one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A worthy chosen one, if so.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also the moon landing was faked.
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Standing ovations (only act to get all 4 standing), camera first to pan to him always smiling, excellent order slots (everyone who turned over from BBC1 at 8:15 conveniently saw him start at 8:16 so early today is no issue), positive VT's, always given songs that suit his somewhat throaty voice.

I'm happy they have chosen him as the winner as he does seem like a nice chap :)

Gary didn't stand for Luke, the only act to get all four standing was Sam Bailey at the end.

Plus if Luke was the chosen one then no way would he be put on first......
  • Options
    xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All four stood for Sam Bailey, so your first point is slightly moot...
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Gary didn't stand for Luke, the only act to get all four standing was Sam Bailey at the end.

Plus if Luke was the chosen one then no way would he be put on first......

Glad someone pointed that out. :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all about his silly hair.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    It's all about his silly hair.:o

Hardly. :/
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All four stood for Sam Bailey, so your first point is slightly moot...

saw that too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    This argument's pretty invalid, given that all four judges were on their feet for Sam Bailey and she closed the show with an absolute stomper of a song.

Luke's come on leaps and bounds since his auditions but I don't think he's a clear winner by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe hes really good...
    Ive loved him since his first audition and hes amazing in the lives. I think hes a star,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight was the first time I've thought he's in with a chance. He's very James Arthur and he's probably the only one (aside from Rough Copy and perhaps Tamera) who would be playlisted by radio one and capital so he's in with a chance IMO, this post isn't total nonsense.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's my second favourite, he'd be so handsome, if only he would cut his hair.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him again this week. :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    He's my second favourite, he'd be so handsome, if only he would cut his hair.

I disagree. His silly hair distracts from the fact that he isn't handsome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight was the first time I've thought he's in with a chance. He's very James Arthur and he's probably the only one (aside from Rough Copy and perhaps Tamera) who would be playlisted by radio one and capital so he's in with a chance IMO, this post isn't total nonsense.
    He's ok, I like Luke but his voice is nowhere near as good as James Arthur...
  • Options
    daljuldaljul Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I am not sure whether the Op is right based on the comments already made.

I have to admit that he has grown on me. He has proved that he is versatile which could mean longevity in the music business.

He is an act that I now look forward to, because he is entertaining,has a happy demeanour and looks like he is really enjoying himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The production has certainly done a good job at making him seem not as bad as we thought.

I like the fact that he isnt perfect and he performs. Tamera seems too controlled and just really doesnt have a voice.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    luke to me is actually what sam C is trying to tell everyone he is

luke doesn't have the greatest voice but looks comfortable on stage , seems to be a cheerful likeable sort of guy and if given the right songs that don't overly expose his voice then he will do well I think

sam C can keep kidding himself that the supposed stage presence and charisma he has can make up for his well below average voice but his voice is just too weak to cover up