Options

Grand theft auto V confirmed to be coming to PC, PS4 and XBOX ONE

Comments

• Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I also have to say about time.
    We had it on xbox 360 a few months back and loved it. We finished the game but it is so good we just have to do it again. And i miss trevor :(

We had to see the xbox 360 console so we welcome it finally coming to PC.
    My fiance needs a new CPU to run it properly so we best get saving.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I decided to wait and not get it for PS3. Can't wait to play it on PC.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give this a miss. Graphics wise it looked pretty darn good on the PS3 anyway and not really interested in replaying the whole story again.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if you could get a discount if you already own a version for the last gen. Won't be buying it otherwise.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    It would be nice if you could get a discount if you already own a version for the last gen. Won't be buying it otherwise.

This.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt my PC would cope with it as it stands, so by the time I upgrade it might be cheap enough to consider even though i've had it and completed it on an Xbox.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »

My first thought. I won't be paying full price for this unless they include a large amount of new content. I'd probably be willing to pay up to £20 or so to upgrade to the next-gen version.

Who knows, they might even release it with heists? :D
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not a gta fan but from the outside looking in is gta v not going to look old in comparison to watchdogs ?
    I presumed they were much the same thing just wd went a step further by introducing the hacking, or are they different enough ?
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Im not a gta fan but from the outside looking in is gta v not going to look old in comparison to watchdogs ?
    I presumed they were much the same thing just wd went a step further by introducing the hacking, or are they different enough ?

GTA is king of the sandbox games.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for 120fps 1440p on the PC :)
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    GTA is king of the sandbox games.

^

When I want to "play" a game, but don't really fancy actually engaging my brain - GTA Online (solo mode) is my port of call everytime.

I steal the odd car, duff up the odd pedestrian, but mainly I'll drive around listening to the radio (and the insults from the AI drivers) or take a boat out or a plane/helicopter up for a joy ride.

I could easily spend hours doing nothing in this game, just because Los Santos is a fun place to hang out.

Also - is it just me that puts the roof up on the convertibles when it starts raining? :blush:
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Loved this on my 360, so will be picking it up on my PS4!
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for 120fps 1440p on the PC :)

It's just a shame that in most cases you have to sit nose distance from a tiny monitor to appreciate it.

I'd rather lounge on the couch and play in 50 inches of 1080p any day.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    def PC for me :)
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55 quid on Amazon for PS4, bit pricey.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see what the graphics are like on the next gen consoles - IMO its the best looking last gen game, the graphics are astounding considering how dated the 360/PS3 hardware is these days
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't know if I should get this or not, I completed it on the 360, so is worth the 50 quid just to play it again with better graphics? 1 of the best things I remember from gtav was flying over mount chilliad just as the sun was rising and it looked stunning then the background music started ( I had the radio off) And the thought of that on the ps4, who am I trying to kid I'll end up in asda at midnight eaiting for to hit the shelves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it coming out full price ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it coming out full price ?

On Amazon right now it's £40 on PC, £55 on PS4 and £65 on Xbox One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch so yes then. I'm not big on gta but was hoping it being an old game it'd be 25-30 and I'd take a chance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ouch so yes then. I'm not big on gta but was hoping it being an old game it'd be 25-30 and I'd take a chance

Problem is, GTAV will have a large potential audience which will keep prices high for a while. Something like 17% of PS4 owners didn't have a last-gen console, so along with the PC crowd there's lots of newbies out there that never had the opportunity to play before.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I'd ignore the Amazon prices. They will come down before launch. Remember when I pre ordered infamous for £59.99 and ended up paying £44.
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paid £35 pre-release for it on the 360, even if I had a next gen console I would not be buying it again. The storyline is still the same.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't finished it yet on PS3 yet so I'm looking forward to playing it with a better fps at last :)

Graphics on PS3/360 are really quite good anyway so it's just the fps that annoys me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    I'd ignore the Amazon prices. They will come down before launch. Remember when I pre ordered infamous for £59.99 and ended up paying £44.

This

Those prices are just placeholders, can you imagine if they said £30 on all systems and then at launch they started charging £45, they'd lose so much money honouring the lower price, its better for them to charge £20 extra than £20 less, this game will be no more than £40 with a bunch of DLC