Options

Have I got a little bit more news for you?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
Forum Member
Will the extra coverage be at the start, end or in chunks in the middle?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably at the end...didnt they do that before - like when they showed the outtakes when they first did the celeb presenter thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I was wondering this as well - I have never seen Have I got a little bit more news for you, so I'm quite puzzled as to what exactly the extra coverage will be.

I'm sure it's not referring to the little bit extra at the end, because that was actually shown yesterday, unless there's even more end outtakes?
  • Options
    familytreefamilytree Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it just used to be a longer show leaving in some of the more risque comments.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish they wouldn't do this. I'll have to watch the whole thing again now.

Why can't we just have a special compilation episode at the end of the run with unseen footage and outtakes?
  • Options
    nadiasantosnadiasantos Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will most likely be extra moments scattered throughout the entire episode.
    The shows are hacked to pieces to keep the pace up.

One of the dvd sets had a complete unedited Boris Johnson chaired show which was an hour.

Its fair to say the half hour version is much better and clearly shows that if they screened every episode in full it would be quite dull compared to the quickfire polished look it usually has.

Unlike the extended Graham Norton show it wont need to be the standard show with a bit extra tagged on the end.

I suspect these extended versions are simply being aired to give a bit more value to the repeat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a few years back they done a series or two in this format, then the extended shows disappered and i thought they would not return.
    boy am i glad they are back, especially with the first one being Clarkson, you could tell the Friday showing was cut to shreds. which is a real shame.
    i hope the extended run will stay permantely now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These extended versions make the entertaining shows better and the dull ones worse.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It was all incorporated. Certain scenes just allowed to run a little longer.

Although it finished much earlier than the 40 minutes it claimed to run - more like 5 mins of extra footage.

If you are really bothered then just skip the friday show and get used to watching the saturday one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From now on I think I will just watch the Saturday show. There is no point in watching the same show all over again just for 5 minutes extra footage. In fact why don't they just make the show 5 minutes longer on Friday as well and be done with it.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really ee the point either, they may as well show the whole thing.

They're just dressing up what is really nothing more than a repeat with the promise of a few extra minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iut044 wrote:
    Will the extra coverage be at the start, end or in chunks in the middle?

Did anyone watch the 'Extra News' last night--it was a rip off
    they simply replayed the earlier programme.O.K. I could grin
    at the repeated jokes--but there was no hint in T.V.Paper it
    was merely a repeat of the show- - that was 2 hours before.
    What a swiz!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    I can't really ee the point either, they may as well show the whole thing.

They're just dressing up what is really nothing more than a repeat with the promise of a few extra minutes.
    They always used to repeat the whole Friday programme on the Saturday .... this time the repeat has a little bit extra.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote:
    They always used to repeat the whole Friday programme on the Saturday .... this time the repeat has a little bit extra.
    I think the point is why not just extend the Friday showing, show the full version in both slots and be done with it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen the Friday showing and the extra repeat on Saturday, the only difference I noticed was that BBC2 didn't bleep the swearing.

Though I was quite drunk on Friday :o
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justbcos wrote:
    Did anyone watch the 'Extra News' last night--it was a rip off
    they simply replayed the earlier programme.O.K. I could grin
    at the repeated jokes--but there was no hint in T.V.Paper it
    was merely a repeat of the show- - that was 2 hours before.
    What a swiz!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think this every time I see your posts, but I try not to say it, but I feel I have to- Why do your posts only ever go half way across the screen? It's really annoying.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/james_2001/justbcos.jpg
  • Options
    StanmoorStanmoor Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    The only thing I noticed last night was a small clip at the begining and end, plus added swearing.
  • Options
    PTDPTD Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a bit in the middle about whether they still had the previously rejected clip of Brown smiling to camera on cue. Could have been 2-3 mins I suppose. It was cut down to the clip + banter in the first viewing. And I'm not sure if there was an extra caption at the end (woman on lawn).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilipM wrote:
    I think the point is why not just extend the Friday showing, show the full version in both slots and be done with it?
    Maybe they can't cater for an addition 10 mins on Friday without moving Newsnight back by 10 mins to start at 10:40 (which would be rather silly given that its normal time throughout the week is 10:30). There is no such restriction on a Saturday (and Saturday evening schedules are a little more fluid anyway)
  • Options
    Chubby CheckerChubby Checker Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    i thought it would have the team captains getting topless and having a mud wrestle
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed quite a lot extra, spread through-out the programme. For example, there was a lot more about Wikipedia.

The extra material was all good, but the editing seemed slightly clunkier.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote:
    Maybe they can't cater for an addition 10 mins on Friday without moving Newsnight back by 10 mins to start at 10:40 (which would be rather silly given that its normal time throughout the week is 10:30).

It shouldn't affect Newsnight in any way considering HIGNFY is on BBC1 & Newsnight is BBC2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote:
    It shouldn't affect Newsnight in any way considering HIGNFY is on BBC1 & Newsnight is BBC2.
    Ah - a slight error there then - still the idea holds, as the 10 o'clock news would be affected (which IS on BBC1 ;) ). So they still cannot cater for the extra 10 mins.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote:
    Ah - a slight error there then - still the idea holds, as the 10 o'clock news would be affected (which IS on BBC1 ;) ). So they still cannot cater for the extra 10 mins.

That's very true.In saying that BBC1 Scotland showed HIGNFY on Friday night at 10.35pm.BBC1 Scotland are sometimes guilty when it comes to HIGNFY by changing the start time of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they could show the 40-min programme on a Friday, but much later (outside of the accepted peak viewing time), so I guess that would not be popular either.

Really, they have provided two options for the viewer, first-run on a Friday, or repeated a day later (at a slightly later time) with extra footage due to less schedule constraints.

Take your pick. :)
  • Options
    IceHunterIceHunter Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Hey! They've started a vodcast as well now :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/haveigotnewsforyou/