Options

Question about Romana in Dr Who - possible theory for S3

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
Romana was a time lord (or lady) from Gallifrey wasnt she -- so what happened to her?

Could she come back into it (Mary Tamm or Lalla Ward)? like SJS did?

Maybe thats what Boe meant when he said he's not alone?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote:
    Romana was a time lord (or lady) from Gallifrey wasnt she -- so what happened to her?
    I believe she was elected president of Gallifrey. Which would make her a bit dead by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote:

Could she come back into it (Mary Tamm or Lalla Ward)? like SJS did?

Maybe thats what Boe meant when he said he's not alone?

think she would have died in the last great Time War
  • Options
    Forum Member
    think she would have died in the last great Time War

but theres no evidence to suggest this...

ALSO - when they changed the cast from Mary Tamm to Lalla Ward - I seem to remember her regenerating about 4 times before settling on the Lalla Ward persona (as if she was trying on clothes)...?

Surely, if she only has 13 lives, would she have been so blasé about regenerating? and also, doesnt re-generation knock the stuffing out of the doc everytime he does it??

your thoughts please. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote:

ALSO - when they changed the cast from Mary Tamm to Lalla Ward - I seem to remember her regenerating about 4 times before settling on the Lalla Ward persona (as if she was trying on clothes)...?

Surely, if she only has 13 lives, would she have been so blasé about regenerating? and also, doesnt re-generation knock the stuffing out of the doc everytime he does it??

there isn't any evidence except what we have told in the new series that the Time Lords were wiped out and removed from the timelines so if Romana was on Gallifrey then she is gone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote:

Errr... ummm... errr... Old school Dr Who fans don't talk about that. Ahem.

Lalalalal. Not listening.
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tennant was able to replicate his cut off hand, because there is a certain amount of time after regnerating for a timelord to alter things. I guess that's what happened with Romana
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tennant was able to replicate his cut off hand, because there is a certain amount of time after regnerating for a timelord to alter things. I guess that's what happened with Romana

Ah right - that could explain it then

Also, as with Freema, Lalla was also playing a different character the season/story before
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote:

I often feel that a Time Lady often flicks through the regenerations to one she likes the best. Its a bit like a designer regeneration for her. So she skipped a few but I suppose she probably would be able to go back and "wear them" at a later date as she was not fully regenerated when she picked the one who looked like Princess Astra.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote:
    I believe she was elected president of Gallifrey. Which would make her a bit dead by now.
    Wouldn't the Time Lords hace had some sort of void ship all to themselves in case of a war to end all wars. Seeing as the Doctor didn't know the daleks were in the sphere until they came out of it in doomsday, why can't their be a couple of Time Lords floating about in void space.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was sort of explained in the 70's 80's that female time lords or time ladies can change at will and choose what to look like
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    The last we saw Romana on screen she stayed behind in E-Space. This was a separate universe from the normal universe. There is some suggestion from some Dr Who spin off novels that she came back and was the President of The Time Lords during the Time War. But of course that does not necessarily mean that she is dead.

She and some other Time Lords could always be trapped in other alternate realities in the same way that The Doctor is trapped in the reality that we see him in.