Options

radio not rewinding?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
Forum Member
Hi all

I can't find this problem anywhere so maybe it's just me. When I record something from BBC World Service, it records OK, but if I miss something that's been said, I don't seem to be able to rewind a few seconds (like on videos). I do however seem to be able to jump forward a few seconds!

Any help anyone?

Ta, Ian

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which box ?.

Does the reverse skip button keys work ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Fox t2;
    no, only the skip forwards;
    forgot to mention, ONLY the above button works, none of the other three do
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,526
    Forum Member
    Are they supposed to be able to rewind radio? - I can't say it's something I've ever tried, or heard anyone comment on before?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started recording Radio 4 and The World Service on my HDR FOX T2. After about 4 mins I can go forward and backward within the already recorded content using chasing playback of either recording. Just the same as video recordings
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    This is something I have noticed with my Foxsat HDR which is why I prefer to use my faithful old Toppy to record radio programmes.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they supposed to be able to rewind radio? - I can't say it's something I've ever tried, or heard anyone comment on before?.
    This is an old complaint of the HDR-FOX-T2 and HD-FOX-T2You can go forward and backwards using the skip buttons but not the FF or RW buttons. When I loaded version 32 of the software temporarily before reverting back I did not try out the radio play so perhaps there is some difference with the beta versions.
    As to what Humax intended - who knows?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    This is an old complaint of the HDR-FOX-T2 and HD-FOX-T2You can go forward and backwards using the skip buttons but not the FF or RW buttons. When I loaded version 32 of the software temporarily before reverting back I did not try out the radio play so perhaps there is some difference with the beta versions.
    As to what Humax intended - who knows?

The forward and reverse skip keys and the left right cursor buttons allow you to move quickly to anywhere. Fast forward/reverse doesn't work but as the cursor keys do I don't really see a problem.