Options

9200T Problem

biggles001biggles001 Posts: 34
Forum Member
I have a 4yr old 9200 which has just developed a fault.When left on standby,the HDD seem to be running non-stop,and the box will not wake up.If I use the mains switch,I can get it to boot,and I can use the box as normal.I formatted the HDD to see if that helped,but it hasn't.Anybody able to help please,has the HDD failed,or is it time to retire the old lady?

Comments

• Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggles001 wrote: »
    I have a 4yr old 9200 which has just developed a fault.When left on standby,the HDD seem to be running non-stop,and the box will not wake up
    Is the clock showing on the front panel when in standby or is it just " --:-- " ?
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 4yr old 9200 which has just developed a fault.When left on standby,the HDD seem to be running non-stop,and the box will not wake up.If I use the mains switch,I can get it to boot,and I can use the box as normal.I formatted the HDD to see if that helped,but it hasn't.Anybody able to help please,has the HDD failed,or is it time to retire the old lady?

Do a Default Setting, always the first thing to try for problems like this. Note that any menu setting you have changed will be set back to their default value, also your recording schedule will be deleted and an auto tune performed.
  • Options
    biggles001biggles001 Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Thank you Martin and Les for your prompt replies.The clock,Martin,is as it should be,and I have done a default re-set,Les,and it appears to be OK at the moment.This could be some sort of machine sulk,as I have a Youview box in the living room!!:)
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Martin and Les for your prompt replies.The clock,Martin,is as it should be,and I have done a default re-set,Les,and it appears to be OK at the moment.This could be some sort of machine sulk,as I have a Youview box in the living room!!:)

The auto tune could have picked up channels from a second transmitter which causes problems with the Freeview+ features Accurate-Record and Series-Link, do you now have channels numbered 800, 801, etc? If so you need to do a Manual Search, see my instructions here.