International Cricket 2015

dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
Forum Member
✭✭
Happy New Year and a new thread

Old Thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1925543&page=333

Chance for Michael Carberry to impress in the Big bash . The home crowd clearly aren't that impressed with him

Kallis is still so impressive. 70 off 49 balls, 2 wickets and 2 dropped catches off his bowling

Comments

• dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In reply to Tokyo in the 2014 thread :

"World Cup, I know Sky have the live rights but will there be any highlights shown on terrestrial tv in the UK? Thanks"

There is no indication as yet on whether the ICC will award a highlights package for its tournaments to free-to-air broadcasters, though the BBC screened daily highlights of the 2007 and 2011 Cricket World Cups after negotiating one-off deals prior to each event.
    The ICC Cricket World Cup is on the category B list of Ofcom’s code of listed sporting events, which stipulates that sufficient free-to-air highlights must be offered for matches featuring the home nations, as well as the semi-finals and final.

http://sport-onthebox.com/2014/10/12...ts-until-2023/

This is the best info I could find. Anyone know anything more up to date ?
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    just posted this on another site but thought it was a relevant early post in this thread

been looking at England's schedule and between now and February 2016 we play ;

32 ODIs (more if we get to final of tri-series and how many knockout games we play in the world cup)
    5 t201s
    17 tests
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    just posted this on another site but thought it was a relevant early post in this thread

been looking at England's schedule and between now and February 2016 we play ;

32 ODIs (more if we get to final of tri-series and how many knockout games we play in the world cup)
    5 t201s
    17 tests

That's a lot of cricket

Be a tricky one trying to name what our line up will be for the final game of the SA tour?
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    That's a lot of cricket

Be a tricky one trying to name what our line up will be for the final game of the SA tour?

if we have another ashes series like that last one , and another trip to the UAE like the last one it might be tough predicting the lineup for the first test in SA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder will not turn out for Melbourne Renegades at the Big Bash League this season. His absence is due to a back injury, a Renegades statement said, and England's Ben Stokes will replace him in the squad.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/big-bash-league-2014-15/content/current/story/815501.html

Good move for Stokes. I'm guessing he may be fav to replace any anyone that gets injured in the build up to the World Cup so playing in Aussie conditions will do him no harm
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised the 3rd test between South Africa and West Indies started today. Didn't the ICC say there has to be 3 days minimum between test matches?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised the 3rd test between South Africa and West Indies started today. Didn't the ICC say there has to be 3 days minimum between test matches?

Special dispensation probably....or they were confused by iy being in a different year :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of wickets in Wellington overnight

NZ all out for 221 and SL 78/5 in reply

The Kiwis were 93/2 at lunch when I went to bed and then 144/2 :o

Bmac followed up his 195 with a first ball 0 !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Bash just started and the Renegades are 11/0 after one ball !

(courtesy of some wides)

KP and Luke Wright involved today

(sadly I've got to go to work now)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of wickets in Wellington overnight

NZ all out for 221 and SL 78/5 in reply

The Kiwis were 93/2 at lunch when I went to bed and then 144/2 :o

Bmac followed up his 195 with a first ball 0 !

Big rescue job from Sanga (again) with 203 giving SL a lead of 135

It was his 11th Test Double hundred and he is one behind the Don in the all-time list
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing catch in the Big Bash with Pollard saving a six and flicking it back for his teammate to complete the catch

One of the better ones
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was just a 7 in the Test in SA

"Philander to Brathwaite, 7 runs, short of a length outside off, nicely played as he drives square off the back foot and beats point...oh dear, then the throw comes into de Villiers who hurls it to Steyn at the non-striker's end but he can't gather it so it's four bonus runs. That's a seven! Good luck, scorers"

Can't recall actually seeing one of these before
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big rescue job from Sanga (again) with 203 giving SL a lead of 135

It was his 11th Test Double hundred and he is one behind the Don in the all-time list

He's one of my favourite cricketers. I really admire him.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steyn putting the Windies to the sword, but West Indies mentally are shocking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been watching the Big Bash from this morning and the Super Over

KP dropped a skier/sitter but luckily Cameron White was there to catch the rebound:o

Look of relief was priceless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Robson and Adam Lyth traded tons in the unofficial contest to be England's Test opener before Alex Lees, the third contender, struck an unbeaten 82 as the Lions enjoyed a productive first day of their South Africa tour

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/816861.html
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    If Flintoff wants a career change after this T20 comeback he should seriously consider commentating full-time, I think he's been hilarious so far during the Big Bash in the coms box.
    You could just imagine him and Bumble at our T20's final day :D
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steyn putting the Windies to the sword, but West Indies mentally are shocking.

Their test series v England this spring should be interesting to watch.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, maybe Flintoff will go to commentary full time after the Big Bash, unless he improves suddenly.

It is unfortunate that he is getting targeted, by Carberry this time, another 'surprise England cast off' getting into his stride.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Can we use this 2015 thread.

Trott has done well , but he is surely past his best. Let us see how the Yorkies Lyth and Lees get on. One of them should partner Cook this summer.

Bell going well but I would prefer Hales to open
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Copied from the 2014 thread as I inadvertently posted on there

Our batsmen going well

England A finished on 507/6 with Jon Trott on 176* and Vince ,Bairstow and Rashid all passing 50
    Pundits suggesting he could become Cook's opening partner this summer

In the ODI warm up game, Bell has passed a 152* after a rapid 71 from Moeen. Taylor hit 71 as well

England currently 317/2 after 44

Strong bowling attack (on paper) from the Presidents X1 as well with Cummings,Behrendoff and Mackin
    Forum Member
    we could lose this still

the big show is living up to his name today
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't all the Aussie players playing in the Big Bash ?

Will they be available for the Tri-Nations series ?
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Aren't all the Aussie players playing in the Big Bash ?

Will they be available for the Tri-Nations series ?

most of the players in the ODI squad have been withdrawn from the BBL now I think

they will have their full WC squad playing in the tri-series
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my all time heroes ,Clive Lloyd , in the Sky studio as a pundit on the South Africa v West Indies game
    Shame is , I don't believe him when he says that the omission of Bravo and Pollard from the World Cup squad was not in response to the aborted tour of India. How can you go from Captain to not in the squad when there haven't been any games played !!

Don't think Clive believed himself either !!