Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    You're right - I misremembered. It was Jayson who said that. Tam was pretty reasonable.

The point though is that originals or those who've been on a long time sometimes behave as if they are entitled to stay on.

LOL Tam had his moments!! Anyway I think that originals get complacement about being on the coach if they have been on a long time as they get to know the crew ect after spending longer with them and they also get tired hence more snappy and explosive because of the filming schedule.
    Forum Member
    ummm..I tend to think Tam and Paul were the brains behind the 'young alliance'

Not so much Jayson. He was more interesting in nicking sausages each morning.

Broadshoulder pls lose the Tam obsession so you used to work with the guy ... So what I suspect that lots of people know him..

Anyway with regards to the young alliance thing.. I would say if it was likely the young alliance thing was more likely to be Tam and Jenna rather than Tam and Paul if indeed there was one
    Forum Member
    winenroses wrote: »
    I'm wondering why J & E have been on the show for so long without receiving a yellow card or any really adverse comments apart from 'negative nancies' and with which they agreed was fair comment, and why the two black guys actually picked them as their favourite couple. It's a bit weird.

People who've been on Coach Trip: When speaking to camera, do you thnk it possible that they have been encouraged to act in this over-the-top way?

Sitting two complete opposites facing each other on a long distance coach is exactly the ploy used in Come Dine With me. It's the modern day form of cock-fighting, setting people at each other's throats. Maybe they know this and resent it and don't want to play the game any longer?

They've given value for money and I enjoyed the mud massage. I'm not sure about a lot of what is going on, but one thing I am sure of is that conflict is welcomed. ;)

I would say the reason Ladi and Tori picked them as they favourite couple was probably they hung out alot - especially on days off off camera and they had been on since the beginning
    Forum Member
    How does does that compare with shouting at them "that they are an embarassment to Britain" or screaming at them "what passes for a brain?"

Some people are scrambling around trying to justify J&E actions in what was a verbal assault

The man let his prejudices get the better of him and lost control. And he is prejudiced. A nasty narrow minded man who thinks the epitome of evil is someone eating kebabs.

One day he will do it to the wrong target and end up in hospital.

Made for good TV though
    Forum Member
    jeremyc wrote: »
    I,m thinking that Laddie and his friend might leave, as the out burst was like the one between Bruce and Tam.

Again it wasnt Tam and Bruce it was Jayson and Bruce although it was Tam and Bruce fighting in the end...!

Tam and Bruce and John actually get on quite well ..well apart from that little episode on the coach
    Forum Member
    Luddym wrote: »
    I can't agree here.

Last time I was on holiday, it was ruined by people exactly like Donna and co. The loud, brash type of people that go 'I'm enjoying myself, it doesn't matter if we're p@@ing people off, we're having fun.' If fun is laughing at what looks like nothing, being extremely loud in situations that don't call for it and being so disrespectful that you are unwilling to try any of the local delicacies whilst going 'I DON'T LIKE IT' at everything, then why would anyone be interested in even being around you?

I do not like Joli and Ed, but, even though they may not have been the nicest to fellow coach members, from what I saw, they were very respectable tourists.

I like them its like a panto in my minds eye and everyone needs their panto villians and those boys are doing it nicely
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clubnokia wrote: »
    I like them its like a panto in my minds eye and everyone needs their panto villians and those boys are doing it nicely

Were doing it, any which way. I don't wish to spoil it for you but they have gone. They are now ancient history.:sleep:
    Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Having been on a 2-week coach tour, I know you get more and more tired as the early starts mount up and what might seem like a little thing can really annoy you, so that wouldn't have helped J&E

Its very true gamercraig! Also and the smallest things can become big dramas in your head. I have been on one too and apart from likening it to being on a monastery on wheels cabin fever can also set it.... Mind you I would expect that the big brother house would be even more of an experience like that
    Forum Member
    Who was comparing? You said, and I quote:

I said, and I quote:

I make absolutely no excuses for J+E, simply because I didn't like them. But, initally they were clearly just saying how they felt, and keeping it toned down too. It was when D+E started answering back with illogical, semi guarded insults (again, I ask why she felt she needed to bring up education when talking about eating a bit of fish) that things escalated. Sure, J+E may have been forward with their comments, and maybe some people don't like that, but at the end of the day, some people can't handle the truth.

Are you serious? I can't tell if you honestly mean what you said, or said it for comic effect. I know plenty of people called Donna with the nickname 'Donna Kebab', and you trying to use that to display prejudice is clearly deluded.

What kind of people did they show prejudice against? Annoying, uncouth, rude and ignorant people? Making this a reverse class thing is ludicrous. Whether J+E are prejudice is irrelevent, D+C would have got on many peoples nerves, posh or otherwise.

Its true Luddy what you say ... well put I am going to miss J&E though
    Forum Member
    Considering I've said I personally don't like them, I think it ludicrous that you are taking the stance that I'm defending J+E because I do not like D+C. If it makes you feel better in your own head, then do so, but this is not the case.

I do believe that in any other situation, J+E would have been out of order. However, considering the outburst on the coach towards them, from D+C, I really don't see how you can make out that D+C were innocent bystanders being attacked.

Remember, that came from nowhere. J+E may not have been making an effort to talk to them, but did they really deserve that outburst, considering that at that point, as far as I can remember, J+E had said not a single word out of line to them. (Maybe not a single word at all, but still not deserving of that outburst from D+C.)

This is coach trip, do you understand the voting process?

Yes, and it is also used when some people genuinely cannot understand the truth. What the hell has bullying got to do with it? Why do you keep bringing up, throwing in irrelevent words/points?

So you are saying they show prejudice towards everyone. In that case, it isn't prejudice at all, but Misanthropy. How on earth could someone be prejudiced (in the sense of the way we use that word nowadays) against everyone?)

You really are clutching at straws. How many times have CT contestants left and said 'Well, I won't want to see any of them again'? Or words to that effect. How many of them were prejudiced? They are clearly miserable, gruff and annoyable guys, what the hell has the fact that they are posh got to do with it? If anything, in your replies, I'm sensing that prejudice against them may be a possibility.

LOL have you not read this guys comments over the last couple of years - apart from a Tam obsession he also likes to play the moral majority alot and also likes to win!!!
    Forum Member
    I can't agree here.

Last time I was on holiday, it was ruined by people exactly like Donna and co. The loud, brash type of people that go 'I'm enjoying myself, it doesn't matter if we're p@@ing people off, we're having fun.' If fun is laughing at what looks like nothing, being extremely loud in situations that don't call for it and being so disrespectful that you are unwilling to try any of the local delicacies whilst going 'I DON'T LIKE IT' at everything, then why would anyone be interested in even being around you?

I do not like Joli and Ed, but, even though they may not have been the nicest to fellow coach members, from what I saw, they were very respectable tourists.

Yeah Luddy I agree there is nothing more annoying than spending time with other tourists who have little respect for the local food/customs and are not willing to try it.. What's the point in going one might ask?
    Forum Member
    It looks like Tori falls out with Ladi from the trailer, but these have sometimes been misleading. The trailer will show one couple giving out to another couple, for example, but sometimes showing the wrong couple, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the fireworks.

Couples more regularly fall out with each other on the Coach Trip than you think LOL
    Forum Member
    Stiletto wrote: »
    Mornin'

Many thanks to Luddym for posting pretty much my view on the not so JollyEd vs the Chip Twins.
    You've saved me a load of keyboard bashing - ta!
    Quite why half of these people bother to go abroad if they're afraid of a bit of fish is beyond me.
    Bet they cue religiously at the chippy on a Friday night though.

Don't like wosserface much either; the one who called Gary a lardy or some such similar description.
    And Ladi needs to brush up on his diva strops - he'll never make a career with such a hammy presentation.

No one to support 100% on the coach right now. Think it's more a case of merits earnt at each and every individual event.

I noticed Tam posted earlier on this thread (clubnokia); any other current coachies on board for this series?

Tam ??? Where? In Broadshoulders dreams LOL... Hey Stilletto Yup Clubnokia is back...

you know why? I actually stopped watching after series 5 - that series was terrible and 6 was no better (I think I watched one or two episodes). I thought CT was dying a death and was becoming overdone

This series I thought I would watch an mate of mine who is now in it... Well a couple of episodes to show my support..

But guess what? This series loving it.. It harkens back to the days and the first four series when Coach Trip was entertaining and fun with interesting characters.. So far loving it again and am hooked :) So on here I am back
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Were doing it, any which way. I don't wish to spoil it for you but they have gone. They are now ancient history.:sleep:

Just catching up on the threads Hoppy.. Anyway they will be missed I loved em.. Not in a biblical sense :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just catching up on the threads Hoppy.. Anyway they will be missed I loved em.. Not in a biblical sense :)

No worries, they had their entertainment value but now they are no more.

As an aside, people keep going on about Tam all of a sudden, was she on the coach or is she one of the production team? I don't remember seeing a production lady but then again, I don't concentrate much.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    It looks like Tori falls out with Ladi from the trailer, but these have sometimes been misleading. The trailer will show one couple giving out to another couple, for example, but sometimes showing the wrong couple, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the fireworks.

The trailer is always misleading. When Ladi had his top off and Ed say something like "can you put your shirt back on please" ... it was shown in the trailer as if it was a bit of tension.

On the actual show the next night it followed it up with another comment and it actually turned out to be Ed joking about!
  • Dom DDom D Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But guess what? This series loving it.. It harkens back to the days and the first four series when Coach Trip was entertaining and fun with interesting characters.. So far loving it again and am hooked :) So on here I am back

It certainly is a return to form for the show. I have to say we need more Jolyon and Edward type and less Donnas etc.. who really have become the default contestant type.
    I don't count myself as a snob in any sense, however recent CT's seem to have attracted a gobby type, the likes of which I would run a mile to avoid. Indeed they have carried self same distasteful attitude on to this thread, which has lead to the departure of several regulars.
    An attitude which , at it's most basic says "Out of my way I'm living my life here. S*d the rest of you".

I must away now to cancel my Royal Carribean Cruise.

End of.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    No worries, they had their entertainment value but now they are no more.

As an aside, people keep going on about Tam all of a sudden, was she on the coach or is she one of the production team? I don't remember seeing a production lady but then again, I don't concentrate much.:)

Who are you talking about Hoppy??? Was who on the coach or in the production team?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are you talking about Hoppy??? Was who on the coach or in the production team?

A lot of the recent posts have mentioned a lady called Tam but I don't recall seeing her, I was just wondering is all.

Anyhoo, your lunch hour is over, get your head back down.:)
    Forum Member
    Dom D wrote: »
    It certainly is a return to form for the show. I have to say we need more Jolyon and Edward type and less Donnas etc.. who really have become the default contestant type.
    I don't count myself as a snob in any sense, however recent CT's seem to have attracted a gobby type, the likes of which I would run a mile to avoid. Indeed they have carried self same distasteful attitude on to this thread, which has lead to the departure of several regulars.
    An attitude which , at it's most basic says "Out of my way I'm living my life here. S*d the rest of you".

I must away now to cancel my Royal Carribean Cruise.

End of.:rolleyes:

I wouldnt say you are a snob and I am completely with you... All I can say is CT you have become entertaining again and have dropped big brother wannabe type characters..

Thank you
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Its very true gamercraig! Also and the smallest things can become big dramas in your head. I have been on one too and apart from likening it to being on a monastery on wheels cabin fever can also set it.... Mind you I would expect that the big brother house would be even more of an experience like that

I remember on a US/Canada tour a few years back, it was towards the end and a woman behind me was playing with her camera, it was beeping all the time and after about 10 minutes I was SO close to having a Jim Royle outburst at her!

Like I say, a stupid little thing, but increased tiredness = decreased irritability threshold!
    Forum Member
    A lot of the recent posts have mentioned a lady called Tam but I don't recall seeing her, I was just wondering is all.

Anyhoo, your lunch hour is over, get your head back down.:)

LOL am having an extended lunch hour.. into weeks.. Anyway in answer to your question Tam was a series 4 contestant on CT

He was Jayson's (the who at all the sausages controversy) travel partner with a mean left hook (Coach Trip fight with Bruce) and super competitive spirit ... Like Monica from friends but not as charming.. Part of the much publicised 'Young Alliance'

Broadshoulder used to work with him apparently which is why he thinks he is his unofficial biographer.. oh and Tam is a he...

Thats it really ;)
    Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    I remember on a US/Canada tour a few years back, it was towards the end and a woman behind me was playing with her camera, it was beeping all the time and after about 10 minutes I was SO close to having a Jim Royle outburst at her!

Like I say, a stupid little thing, but increased tiredness = decreased irritability threshold!

LOL I so get you Gamer... The smallest thing could set me off in the end.. Not to mention chain smoking...!! The monastery on wheels thing. I though I was going to spontaneously combust at one point LOL
    Forum Member
    leecamowol wrote: »
    The trailer is always misleading. When Ladi had his top off and Ed say something like "can you put your shirt back on please" ... it was shown in the trailer as if it was a bit of tension.

On the actual show the next night it followed it up with another comment and it actually turned out to be Ed joking about!

Yup the words punk'd as a result of clever editing come to mind LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL am having an extended lunch hour.. into weeks.. Anyway in answer to your question Tam was a series 4 contestant on CT

He was Jayson's (the who at all the sausages controversy) travel partner with a mean left hook (Coach Trip fight with Bruce) and super competitive spirit ... Like Monica from friends but not as charming.. Part of the much publicised 'Young Alliance'

Broadshoulder used to work with him apparently which is why he thinks he is his unofficial biographer.. oh and Tam is a he...

Thats it really ;)

I just looked back a bit. You are the friend of Ladis goat and before that you were on CT with Ebahgum and you snogged Brennie when you got booted off. Well that is what it says in your history.:confused:
This discussion has been closed.