Options

The Adam Lambert Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    I do wish some Adam fans would not start threads on the X Factor forum for no good reason.

It really does him no favours with an audience who are mostly not keen on him as it is.
  • Options
    rosiedevonrosiedevon Posts: 7,707
    Forum Member
    Well unfortunately we can't stop people posting where or what they want.

Same as the people who have set up facebook campaigns etc

People will always do what they want rightly or wrongly and won't stop to think it's Adam that suffers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have one level 1 ticket for London to sell if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I do wish some Adam fans would not start threads on the X Factor forum for no good reason.

It really does him no favours with an audience who are mostly not keen on him as it is.

I understand your concern, Candy Store. But, to be fair, I think it is the same person who had started about three threads about Adam on the X Factor forum in the past two weeks. It seems that that person really loves Adam and admires his talent.

But it is also important to note that he/she had started many threads on the X Factor forum, not just those three threads about Adam. :)
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    They Usually tape the night before like Wossy did. The dates are up at SROAudiences.

When is Adam in town? They are taping an episode tomorrow night for Friday, and then the following week is CIN so they are not on but then they are taping an episode Next Week Thursday for broadcast the following week (26 November). Then they are not taping until around 2 December.
    I just saw a listing for the episode taping around CIN and the guest is Bette Midler singing as well. Bette is one of Graham's heroes, and her name is the only name, so I am not sure if thre will be anybody else:confused:

Well, I don't think that Adam is on this series. He's not on the episode for these next two weeks, as Bette is singing. Now they have just released the full guest list for the following episode on the uk TV guide website (to be taped the first week of December) and no Adam or Simon. (Justin Bieber is musical guest). So, perhaps next year.

I am a bit bummed about earlier this year, when Usher couldn't make it due to the ash cloud. They could have got Adam then as he was in the UK. :(

Small unrelated question if I may. Do they release guest information earlier now? Usually on those TV Listings websites, I usually find out about who's on Graham's show, for example on Thursday. I just checked today just on a whim and they already had the guest list earlier than expected.:confused:
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    samusek2 wrote: »
    Potential Big TV News:

It does look as if Adam will be doing at least one Interview this time in the UK. As other people were hoping on this thread, it looks like he will be doing the Graham Norton Show during his trip.

I was on the Wikipedia page earlier today, and only the 1st 4 episodes have been confirmed so far. someone twice put on Adam Lambert's name as appearing the beginning of December, but I tried searching and could not find any source.

What was weird was I saw they had also put Simon Cowell's name with Adam's. I thought someone was doing a bit of vandalism. But today I read on Simon's official Twitter that he is thinking of appearing on Graham Norton's show with Adam.!

So I am not sure if it's 100% confirmed that Adam will be appearing on the show, but it sure look like it will happen!

The Twitter account with Simon's name is not Simon and anyone can amend any page on Wikipedia and write anything they like. As you said, Adam's name has been added to the page then removed then added again then removed again.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a while since I've watched some of the tour vids, but just watched Fever from Berlin, and it's a bit sexy ;)

And looks like Adam's pantzz are new shiny ones, no snakeskin print on these ones (I like to be observant about these things)

Now I've watched it I'm a bit sad that I'm not going to see him here this month :(

F F F Fever!!
  • Options
    TwizzyTwizzy Posts: 7,054
    Forum Member
    Bit of drama at the show in Berlin last night as Adam left the stage during Strut because he was coughing. Seems he was okay though, he comes on at the end and explains and apologises.

All this time and not one show cancelled, he's done brilliantly. I think I read that he's done 100 shows :eek:

Also, towards the end of Music Again, he leans down and you can hear him wish a UK fan who is over there for the show a Happy Birthday :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    "E! True Hollywood Story : Adam Lambert" Promo :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOjfgu5wK4c

Adam's story premieres Sunday, Nov. 21 at 9pm ET/PT on E!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twizzy wrote: »
    Bit of drama at the show in Berlin last night as Adam left the stage during Strut because he was coughing. Seems he was okay though, he comes on at the end and explains and apologises.

All this time and not one show cancelled, he's done brilliantly. I think I read that he's done 100 shows :eek:

Also, towards the end of Music Again, he leans down and you can hear him wish a UK fan who is over there for the show a Happy Birthday :)

Was it Unicorn?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rosiedevon wrote: »
    Was it Unicorn?

Yes it was - lucky girl lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twizzy wrote: »
    Yes it was - lucky girl lol :D

Awwww really pleased for her :)
  • Options
    joan13joan13 Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thrilled to have Aftermath on the EP, and I loved MA and WWFM which he did in Germany,when he was there back in March/April.
    Shame that Sleepwalker won't be on it, as I would have preferred that to Mad World, but hey ho :o:D It looks as though only US peeps will be able to get a physical CD so I hope UK iTunes will be available for us. :)

Looks as though Adam's keeping the theme of bare-chestedness for his album covers :D;)

Have you all got your tickets for the shows? Can someone take a pic of theirs just so I can see what they look like, please? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Have you all got your tickets for the shows? Can someone take a pic of theirs just so I can see what they look like, please? :)

Here's London and Manchester linny :)

I like the EP cover alot :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww thanks Twizzy - looks good to see his name on a proper concert ticket :D

Hope all of you who are going have a glittery and fabulous time, whichever show you're going to (or all of them!) . And give Adam a BIG kiss from me when you (anyone really!!) meet him at the M & G ;);):D:D

See you all in a couple of weeks!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Aww thanks Twizzy - looks good to see his name on a proper concert ticket :D

Hope all of you who are going have a glittery and fabulous time, whichever show you're going to (or all of them!) . And give Adam a BIG kiss from me when you (anyone really!!) meet him at the M & G ;);):D:D

See you all in a couple of weeks!!!

Have a fabulous holiday linny!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have a nice holiday linny "waves" will miss you at the concerts "sniffs" but will do my bit and give adam that kiss:rolleyes::D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mags from Lambrits found this fab site with lots of Adam info

I thought I'd repost these threads as they seem to have updated them again, and he is in more of them

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=185

100 Most Technically Skilled Male Rock Vocalists
    Updated 11/5/10

1. Jackie Wilson
    2. Adam Lambert
    3. Tim Buckley
    4. Freddie Mercury
    5. Jeff Buckley
    6. Chris Cornell
    7. Michael Kiske
    8. Steve Perry
    9. Geoff Tate
    10. Mike Patton

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187&start=0

100 Greatest Live Rock Vocalists
    UPDATED: 6/23/10

This list is based on the following criteria:

- Ability to stay on-pitch.
    - The difficulty of the material that is attempted.
    - How long their careers have/had produced impressive Live material.
    - Ability to improvise.
    - According to all of the Vocal criteria, how big the disparity is between Studio Recordings and Live performances.
    - Reputation / acclaim as a Live vocalist.

1. Steve Perry
    2. John Farnham
    3. Jackie Wilson
    4. Ronnie James Dio
    5. Roger Daltrey
    6. Aretha Franklin
    7. Ian Gillan
    8. Elvis Presley
    9. Freddie Mercury
    10. Jeff Buckley
    11. Etta James
    12. Tim Buckley
    13. Adam Lambert
    14. Stevie Wonder
    15. Rob Halford
    16. Ann Wilson
    17. Robert Plant
    18. Eddie Vedder
    19. Bruce Dickinson
    20. Chris Cornell

Adams own thread.
    http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=568&hilit=Adam+Lambert
    Amazingly comprehensive summary of his career so far, someone loves him very much

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=551&hilit=Adam+Lambert

Best Live Vocal Performances
    Update 10/18/10:
    1. Mojo Pin - Jeff Buckley (Chicago '95)
    2. Heaven on Their Minds - Adam Lambert (Valley Musical Theater)
    3. Patiently - Steve Perry (Houston '80)
    4. Gethsemane - Steve Balsamo (Ahoy '04)
    5. How Many More Times - Robert Plant (Washington '6
    6. The Way Young Lovers Do - Jeff Buckley (Live at Sin-e)
    7. Help - John Farnham (Live Last Time)
    8. Danny Boy - Jackie Wilson (Live at the Copa)
    9. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Robert Plant (Boston Tea Party)
    10. Mother, Father - Steve Perry (Houston '81)
    11. Mistreated - Ronnie James Dio (Live in Germany)
    12. How Come You Dont Call Me Anymore - Adam Lambert (Upright Cabaret)
    13. Looking Through A Tear - John Farnham (Anthology II)
    14. Unchained Melody - Ann Wilson
    15. Somebody to Love - Freddie Mercury (Live at the Bowl)
    16. Since I've Been Loving You - Robert Plant (BBC Sessions)
    17. Victim of Changes - Rob Halford (Unleashed in the East)
    18. Slaves & Bulldozers - Chris Cornell (Motorvision)
    19. Sweet Surrender - Tim Buckley
    20. Child in Time - Ian Gillan (Amsterdam '69)
    21. A Question of Heaven - Matt Barlow (Alive in Athens)
    22. You and I - Stevie Wonder (Natural Wonder)
    23. Catch the Rainbow - Ronnie James Dio (Live in Germany)
    24. Hallowed Be Thy Name - Bruce Dickinson (Rock Am Ring '05)
    25. How Many Tears - Michael Kiske (Live in the UK)

It seems the DDD Forums love has grown over the last 18 months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Adam performed Purple Haze as an encore last night in Paris, in honour of Monte's birthday :D

Also here, with WLL as well, from Suz526

This time next week I'll be getting ready to leave for Birmingham :eek::eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For those of you with Sky put this in your planner. Channel 151

The E! True Hollywood StoryWednesday 01 December
    8:00pm - 9:00pm
    E!
    Adam Lambert
    Profile of American Idol runner-up and singer-songwriter Adam Lambert
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1331108/Adam-Lambert-courts-controversy-repeating-racy-stage-antics.html

:yawn: Has the Mail ever reported anything about Adam Lambert that isn't to do with the AMA performance?
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL .......... don't ask how or why I came across this site. Let's just say it was for social and professional research ..................

Someone's put a picture of Adam as their profile picture on an adult dating site.

http://app.maritalaffair.co.uk/member/profile/index.cfm?profileid=5610353

:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL .......... don't ask how or why I came across this site. Let's just say it was for social and professional research ..................

Someone's put a picture of Adam as their profile picture on an adult dating site.

http://app.maritalaffair.co.uk/member/profile/index.cfm?profileid=5610353

:eek:

Seems you need to join to look. So I won't bother.
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosiedevon wrote: »
    Seems you need to join to look. So I won't bother.

Do you? I came across it on a Google search and didn't have to join.

Anyway, it's the picture from a few years ago where he has no make-up, his hair back and a bit of stubble.