Options

CS Camp Callum - low self-esteem?

sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,992
Forum Member
As Callum's only associates/friends seem to be Macca and Gemma, I wonder if he's one of those people who only likes horrible looking people around them because it makes them look better.

I can't think of any other reason for him to spend so much time with them - he doesn't seem to like the scuzzy pair very much.

As well as being better looking than Macca and Gemma Cal has better social skils and is smarter than them - something to do with his teacher mother maybe - so he can treat them like dirt and they put up with it.

It would be more natural if Callum's henchmen were strong, muscular blokes about his own age (and height) but I don't think his ego could cope with the competition. He behaves towards Mac and Gem like a really awful dog owner does to their dog. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw the leftovers from his plate on the floor for them to scrap over.

Macca and Gemma are like Igor to Callum's Count Dracula (or is it Baron Frankenstein? :D)

Comments

• Options
    england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    As Callum's only associates/friends seem to be Macca and Gemma, I wonder if he's one of those people who only likes horrible looking people around them because it makes them look better.

I can't think of any other reason for him to spend so much time with them - he doesn't seem to like the scuzzy pair very much.

As well as being better looking than Macca and Gemma Cal has better social skils and is smarter than them - something to do with his teacher mother maybe - so he can treat them like dirt and they put up with it.

It would be more natural if Callum's henchmen were strong, muscular blokes about his own age (and height) but I don't think his ego could cope with the competition. He behaves towards Mac and Gem like a really awful dog owner does to their dog. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw the leftovers from his plate on the floor for them to scrap over.

Macca and Gemma are like Igor to Callum's Count Dracula (or is it Baron Frankenstein? :D)

The bit's in bold made me laugh way too hard. :D I actually agree with you though, Iv'e always thought it was strange how he hangs about with them. They seem nothing alike. They're the chavy sort he would sell the drugs to not be friends with.... And yeah from what we've seen he treats them like crap and seems to really dislike them. Very strange. :p
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its because they are as frightening as he is :o

Proper shaking in your boots stuff, corrie's out done themselves this time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have given the actor a different role if they wanted him on the show. He would have been more convincing as the new Ryan Connor lol

Never believed that he's a drug dealer who hangs around an estate with those twits and is obsessed with Kylie Platt. He's an unconvincing villian. Probably as unconvincing as 'Kane' the gang leader who was on EE.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more like low acting skills
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I find him and the storyline a bit dull, i fast forward most of the scenes he's in.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's Corrie's answer to Aaron. Angry about his latent sexuality. He secretly fancies David i bet
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »

His backup do not need to be the same height as him but could be taller or shorter then him but weight 16 stone plus of solid muscle or just age for matter.

In fact they dont even have to be big guys,just general nutters.
    r.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's Corrie's answer to Aaron. Angry about his latent sexuality. He secretly fancies David i bet

maybe he will sexually assault David:o
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe he will sexually assault David:o

He probably did in the warehouse.

David: "Just get it over and done with"
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

I'm sure he's got better taste than that
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    this is such a joke character its hard to know where to begin.

he would have been better off playing some sort of chavvy trouble maker lover for Todd.