Thompson DTI 600 making a right noise!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi there, haven't been on the section for a while as I don't use my box a lot, I had it up at my caravan last weekend, Iused to record 'Passing Places' or I think that what its called, anyway it's the one with Ben Affleck and the 2 fueding drivers, when re-playing it when it got to the breaks it started making a terrible noise that made me jump for the remote! then when the adverts started it stopped, anybody out there know what this was?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newbee wrote: »
    Hi there, haven't been on the section for a while as I don't use my box a lot, I had it up at my caravan last weekend, Iused to record 'Passing Places' or I think that what its called, anyway it's the one with Ben Affleck and the 2 fueding drivers, when re-playing it when it got to the breaks it started making a terrible noise that made me jump for the remote! then when the adverts started it stopped, anybody out there know what this was?

Thanks in advance
    This box was a revalation to us for recording but since I got the Humax foxsat it has been pushed into eh..........recording @ van and usage in the back bedroom!
    still bl**dy noisey!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the troubleshooter in the instruction booklet give any clues?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I have the same model as OP..mine too is noisy..sometimes i unplug it at night especially..

Unplug it , wait few minutes then plug in again..try that ..i do that and it goes quiet..Tis annoying though..bloody motor lol