Options

EE Who knows Nick Cotton??

13»

Comments

• Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick, Sharon and Ian all appeared in the first episode in that order. Sharon and Ian appeared for the first time in the same scene but Sharon's hand appeared about 5 seconds before the camera panned out lol. I think Tracey may have actually appeared before any of them or at least before Sharon and Ian.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley will probably take quite an exception to Nick's presence seeing as he held a pregnant Heather among his hostages in the cafe.

The short answer is I believe anyone who appeared in the show prior to June 2009 with the exception of Alfie, Carol, Rainie and Cindy and Rebecca (though Carol obviously knows him through Dot and having answered Charlie's phone when Nick rang.)
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Nick's main storyline of that point centred around him giving drugs to Martin Fowler and then mark ent after him in revenge. They had this big confrontation on a rood, or scaffolding, nick fell and ended up unable to walk for some time. He then tampered with Mark's motorbike to get him back but Ashley stold it, also to get Mark back not knowing what Nick had done, lost control, crashed and died. Dot then cut Nick off and he left.

It was one of Nick's betters storylines.

Cheers for that little EE history lesson :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shabnam also won't know Nick as she left in 2007, while Nick didn't return until Christmas 2008.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basically if you want to put it an easier way everyone before the first shabnam come into EastEnders knows Nick Cotton
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised, I thought you knew your EastEnders very well? :D

Sharon and Nick know each other throughout the 80s 90s, and in 2001 when she returned, Nick was there.

Nick even made the comment, after Dot went all hysterical at seeing Sharon again, that it was only Sharon Watts, not the Virgin Mary:D
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    New viewer or not I would have thought any EastEnders fan would have known that and the History.

Well no as the new fan could have started watching EE when the Carters arrived and not taken much notice of Shaton/Dot scenes we have had.

But still this doesn't make sense. The poster we replied to has made out hes a full on EE fan, so if he says who he says he is he would have know perfectly well Sharon knows Nick. However, it seems like a DS poster isn't as much of a EE fan he likes to pretend to be. I'm expecting a 'I just thought you mean who was in his last stint' excuse or something else silly to back up why a fan would be so ignorant.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley and Denise know Nick then?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGc3ggeT8Ho
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Nick has gone above Sharon on the wiki page, i think Nick was in the opening scene of the show in 1985.

Did Sharon and Ian appear in the First Episode?

Are you seriously asking that?

Of course Sharon and Ian were in the first episode.

EastEnders will soon have six original characters by the 30th.

Ian, Sharon, Nick, Dot, Tracey and Martin.

Yes Dot and Martin are original characters because they were in Julia and Tony's original perception of EastEnders.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Are you seriously asking that?

Of course Sharon and Ian were in the first episode.

EastEnders will soon have six original characters by the 30th.

Ian, Sharon, Nick, Dot, Tracey and Martin.

Yes Dot and Martin are original characters because they were in Julia and Tony's original perception of EastEnders.

Martin was in the first episode - he was in Pauline's tummy!!!!
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »

What terrible acting!! It's like a American soap with people who can't act!
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley and Nick could be an interesting coupling.... I can see them now sharing a post coiltil **** :blush:
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Shirley and Nick could be an interesting coupling.... I can see them now sharing a post coiltil **** :blush:

I would actually really like to see some scenes between Nick and Shirley, whatever the capacity. I think they would spark off each other quite well and have brilliant exchanges of banter.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »

I didn't see Denise in that clip but she would have been in the show at that point anyway.

As someone says in the comments why was Nick holding the cafe hostage with a chair leg when the cafe would have a drawer full of sharp knives which would have made a more effective weapon?
  • Options
    Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol and Nick i dont think they had any scenes together.

When Carol arrived in 1993, Nick had left with Dot.

When Nick returned briefly in 1998, Carol had already left in 1997. Carol returned in 2010 and Nick was around from 2008 to 2009 so he never met her.

This will be first time Carol will see Nick onscreen. Also interesting to note that Nick never appeared onscreen with David Wicks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I would actually really like to see some scenes between Nick and Shirley, whatever the capacity. I think they would spark off each other quite well and have brilliant exchanges of banter.

Agreed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have Ronnie and Nick ever shared any scenes, or spoken to one another, before this return?

I'm definitely looking forward to upcoming Ronnie & Nick scenes.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have Ronnie and Nick ever shared any scenes, or spoken to one another, before this return?

Me too, Nick will be in for a shock if he tries to boss or bully Ronnie :D
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes they have in 2009
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    I don't think Kat and Alfie do do they?

They didn't come back while 2010, so no, I don't think they know Nick!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Ronnie VS Nick will be worth watching, definitely. They both have darkness about them, it's just that Nick is more upfront about it.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Nick Cotton doesn't have any allies. Ronnie, Charlie, Yvonne and Dot aren't pleased to see him. Carol, Sharon and Ian will be annoyed to see him again..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't come back while 2010, so no, I don't think they know Nick!

Kat knows Nick from 2000-01. I can't recall them sharing a scene of note but Kat did a brief stint behind the bar in the Vic before she was sacked in April 2001. Nick was around until June that year so he must have been in.

He also got his son killed so I'd imagine he was talk of the Square around that time. After it happened, Dot went a bit mad and went around the Slaters. Dot thought it was her house and tried throwing Mo out.

I can't recall how close they were but I think Zoe also knew Ashley (the son that Nick accidentally killed.) She threw a New Year's party and he was there, as far as I recall.

Alfie doesn't know Nick, no. After June 2001, the next time Nick appeared was December 2008.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is he going to be walking within society without it affecting Charlie and Les???

Or is he going to be holed up in Dot's gaff for the rest of his stint?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Kat knows Nick from 2000-01. I can't recall them sharing a scene of note but Kat did a brief stint behind the bar in the Vic before she was sacked in April 2001. Nick was around until June that year so he must have been in.

He also got his son killed so I'd imagine he was talk of the Square around that time. After it happened, Dot went a bit mad and went around the Slaters. Dot thought it was her house and tried throwing Mo out.

I can't recall how close they were but I think Zoe also knew Ashley (the son that Nick accidentally killed.) She threw a New Year's party and he was there, as far as I recall.

Alfie doesn't know Nick, no. After June 2001, the next time Nick appeared was December 2008.

Kat did have a short scene with Nick, christmas day 2000. She was wearing Charlies coat and Nick held the door to the vic open for her and went "after you Colombo"