DS Forums

The Joe McElderry Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Old 26-02-2015, 16:59
MichelleMK
Forum Member

I agree. apart from the fact that he said he was really nervous, I didn't see any nerves. Just him being happy on stage and having fun.

I am loving the new arrangement on The Climb! Wow! those drums.
Matt Billups said on twitter that there were going to be big drums on this tour, and boy, he wasn't lying! It's fabulous.
Proper rock pop show!
I love the fact that there are some beautiful love songs/ballads in the first half following some of the songs that made us love him in the XFactor time, just before the couple of classical numbers.
The second half is so full of energy! I love it. it kind of becomes a bit of a nightclub by the end of the show. And the new Ambitions arrangement is incredible. It's like a new remix on stage!!
Loving it

and just a note on this song, because it always gets me when he sings it:
How We Love... you would hear a pin drop when he sings that song! no matter how big or small the venue is!
Pretty accurate description I'd say! wasn't sure about the new arrangement of the Climb at first I'll admit - but by the 3rd show it grew on me. Really like it rocked up now, very different

Decided I couldn't wait another 2 weeks to hear Hollywood live again, lol, so get the glowsticks ready Sandy, & see you Saturday!!
MichelleMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-02-2015, 08:12
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

glowsticks in the bag! put your dancing shoes on!!
SandyPandy74 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 18:41
MichelleMK
Forum Member

glowsticks in the bag! put your dancing shoes on!!
That was funnn!! Thank you for the glowsticks #ChesterfieldTourBuddy!
Glad for Joe's sake he's got a few days off now before his next set of shows - that's a pretty high-energy set, esp in the second half!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:59
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

it was a brilliant show!!
The lighting is fabulous. I love that the audience went: ooooooh! right at the start with the atmospheric tune playing in time with the white lights.

Anyone in the Croydon area on the 7th of May... go and see the show. it's local to Subfrantic Productions who are doing the sound and lighting and they will bring all their gimmicks for that show! not to be missed!! can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

I love this show!
Old 02-03-2015, 20:26
MichelleMK
Forum Member

The lighting is fabulous. I love that the audience went: ooooooh! right at the start with the atmospheric tune playing in time with the white lights.

Anyone in the Croydon area on the 7th of May... go and see the show. it's local to Subfrantic Productions who are doing the sound and lighting and they will bring all their gimmicks for that show! not to be missed!! can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

I love this show!
So wish I was going to that one, know it's going to be brilliant! Ricky and Subfrantic are so talented and I bet they really push the boat out for their local venue. Hard to imagine how the effects could be topped but they keep excelling themselves. And Joe's voice is always sensational - his richer, lower tones on Saturday gave me goosebumps

Btw just seen this fantastic and spot-on review from last week's show in Cheltenham
http://pic.twitter.com/ZebkDLqKDl
Old 03-03-2015, 07:27
MichelleMK
Forum Member

I love this show!
bit like this you mean Sandy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OWg4vcRtM

The show finish is pretty good too ... I'll admit Ambitions was never my favourite but I like what he's done with it to close the show ... he's got us all practising "mama-say-mama-sa-mama-coosa" ready for the next one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOtkKcINxNA
Old 03-03-2015, 17:11
LancashireLass2
Forum Member

So wish I was going to that one, know it's going to be brilliant! Ricky and Subfrantic are so talented and I bet they really push the boat out for their local venue. Hard to imagine how the effects could be topped but they keep excelling themselves. And Joe's voice is always sensational - his richer, lower tones on Saturday gave me goosebumps

Btw just seen this fantastic and spot-on review from last week's show in Cheltenham
http://pic.twitter.com/ZebkDLqKDl
I wish I was going to that one too and interesting to see what on earth they can do to top what I've already seen. I love this show so much! Brilliant review and definitely spot on. He's having the time of his life and it's wonderful to see.

Autumn dates have today been added to the existing tour dates on Joe's website here :

http://joemcelderryofficial.com/tour-dates/
LancashireLass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:22
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

And there is a London date!!! North London. it will still take me an hour and a half to get there and back but that's London! it's big. lol
Millfield Theatre in Edmonton N18
so happy!

And it's a saturday! what more could a London girl want?
Old 07-03-2015, 07:46
jado
Forum Member

Hey guys! Yesterday, I saw Joe live in East Grimstead, he was incredible! He was on top form! It was an acoustic song. we got uptown funk acoustic in jukebox Joe, acoustic hollywood and a new song, make you mine! I recorded the whole show as an audio mp3, here is the linnk, a review will be coming soon. I took my friend ness, and she told me that this was her first ever concert. she loved it! You can hear her a lot on the recording, she's very vocal with her enjoyment lol! https://www.sendspace.com/file/xmag7c
jado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 15:49
jado
Forum Member

My review of Joe at East Grinstead.

So, the big day had arrived. i had wanted to do this show for some time, but the 6th of March just happens to be my Grandad’s birthday.
A few weeks ago, I checked with mum that we weren’t doing anything too exciting, and I booked 2 tickets. My friend Ness wanted to come and see me for a week, so I asked her about how she’d feel about seeing Joe live. She’d not heard much of him since X Factor, so i’ve spent the last few weeks correcting that!

We left my house at 2.30, jumped on a bus and met up with Megan and Hannah.
We all jumped on a second bus and made our way to Victoria. An hour later, we arrived and tried to find Rosh. After about 10 minutes, we found her, got our tickets and went and got on our train.
I just wanted to get there, we were all speculating about what would be on the setlist. Would he do acoustic uptown funk? would he do hollywood?
An hour later we arrived in East Grimstead and went in search of food.
We settled for a McDonalds, and fed ourselves and Brodie too.
We had about a 20 minute walk to the venue which was good as it tired Brodie out.
We went in, me and Ness got our tickets and we said hello to a few people. Trudy, Amanda, Mona, Simona, Heidi, and lots of others.
Megan, Hannah and Rosh took me and Ness to our seats and went to find their own.
I decided to check to see if I had enough signal to stream for everyone to hear the show. I only had 2 bars and the wifi wouldn’t work in there so I set up a stream, but sadly it died 4 minutes in.
I set up my dictaphone and got ready to record the show.

The first song, was Dance with my father.
Normally, this song doesn’t have me crying, but I was in tears by the end of it! I think it’s because i’ve not seen Joe live in 5 months and you forget just how amazing that voice is live!
I discovered afterwards, that this was ness’ first ever pop concert that she’d been too, that’s why she was enjoying it so much, laughing, and crying.
Dance with my father was incredible, I loved it!
Old 07-03-2015, 16:03
jado
Forum Member

Up next, as he does, Joe decided to tell us all a story.
He told us how he was getting changed in the dressing room, with no top on, he was having a chicken salad, when a woman started bleeting Through the speakers.
“excuse me, this is an emergency announcement!”
He had to run out with no top on, no shoes, no socks, he had one of the crew members jackets on, and he took his chicken salad with him.

He then went on to explain how the next song is from queen week on X Factor. He said they were all given little cd players and he used to sit in the car and rehearse. He was so excited when he got the song, and then he realised how hard it was. He said he didn’t sleep a wink for the whole week of that show. He said he got bad comments from the judges, but it turned out to be one of his favourite performances. He said we could all be the choir for queen!
He said there’s micraphones on every side so he can hear the audience.
The moment he started this song, I just thought, wow! Ross sounded incredible and so did Alewin on the guitar.
You can really hear Ness getting into this song on my recording, and just having fun! There’s always something special about your first ever Joe show.
The power in his voice in this song was just amazing! He just gets better and better every time! and that high note at the end! wowwww!!! Just incredible!!!
Then joe spoke a tiny bit of french, he asked for a bit of reverb in his ears please.
Then he told us another story. He told us how he’d just had a coffee, but an extra strong one, and his hand was shaking really bad! He said he wasn’t nervous, just his hand was shaking. Someone said maybe it was the chicken salad, someone said maybe it was the fire alarm, he said it’d been a stressful day, but he was smiling when he said it.
He said he could really hear the audience and he felt like he was having conversations with everyone.
The next song, was the climb. This was also amazing live, I never get bored of hearing Joe sing this!
He then said that when he does an acoustic show, he feels more like evryone is looking at him.
He said he hears things in his own songs that he doesn’t always hear when he’s got the band with him, so that’s why he loves these stripped back shows.
The next track, was wide awake! He said that he puts it in every tour and eventually he’ll have to take it out, but he doesn’t care, he put it in this years tour.
This one got me crying, completely! Just his power, his control, the piano, the raw emotion! The added end part to the song, I just couldn’t stop crying! wow!
Old 07-03-2015, 16:18
jado
Forum Member

Joe then went on to explain how wide awake the extended version came along through an accident in soundcheck where they were messing around, it sounded good and they kept it in.
He then introduced another queen track, Love of my life.
This was just beautiful again, the clarity of Joe’s voice, the nice bit of reverb he had on him, he just sounded incredible!
He then said how he felt like he had a little drinks cabinet going on, i think he had 2 drinks on stage with him, and they both had straws in them. He decided to tell us a story about the straws. He said obviously sometimes inbetween shows you want to have a quick drink so your voice doesn’t dry up, etc etc. He said he shouldn’t be telling us this as it spoils the niceness of the show, but he’ll tell us because he’s real. In the show with the band, it’d go dark and he’d run and grab a quick drink of water. He said he’d swig the water back and like 3 lines into the next song, he’d think, oh my god, I need to burp! He tries to hide it, but it affects his breathing and everything. He said it’s never happened to him where he’s belched down the micraphone, but he said that if it ever happened to him, he could imagine the youtube clips and he’d be on serious bloopers! so another singer told him to put a straw in his water and it helps and he shouldn’t burp.
He then said he’d be getting serious and was gonna sing a classical number. Ness was very excited at this point, and you can hear her on my recording saying, “which one, which one?” and I think Joe heard her because he was like, someone’s happy at the back!
Before the show, Ness said to me, I really hope he sings Canto Della Terra. and he did! This is my favourite classical song that he’s ever done! It just gives me chills! Ness was speechless, crying, wowed, all in 1 song. I’ve missed Joe performing this so much since the classic tour!
The second verse, those low notes! wow!!! How does he do that?
I noticed, and i’m not criticising at all, I just picked it up, he didn’t sing the massive high note in this song, they changed it up a bit so he didn’t have to do it, but he was still incredible! wow!
Old 07-03-2015, 16:41
jado
Forum Member

Joe then went on to say he’ll dance in the second half and get the serious stuff done first.
He then said he’d do 2 songs from the here’s what I believe album.
He went on to describe the fights with the label about putting songs on and how he used to be nieve, but with Here’s what I believe, he got more confidence, and put his foot downn. He and his mum chose to put I Look to you on the album, it’s one of their favourite Whitney songs.
This also made me cry, again the emotion, the music behind it, the passion with how Joe sings, Just incredible!
He then merged this with How we Love, which I thought was pretty cool, Ross had it worked out really well on the piano.
How we love, was jaw droppingly amazing! Literally, those long notes! the whole room was silent! I cried, Ness cried, I think we were both in heaven!
And the long note at the end, I didn’t want him to stop, I was mesmorised!
Joe then went to talk about the interval and said he’d be happy to perform more, but he’d be back in 20 minutes after 1 more song, and proceeded to sing Time to say goodbye.

This was beautiful, i’ve always loved it when Joe sings in Italian!
We all stood and applauded at the end when he did his amazing high note!
During the interval we saw Louise, lovely to see you again! She explained to me that I was right at the back, and the sound desk was right behind me. she could see the setlist and she told me that Hollywood was on it, but uptown funk wasn’t.
After the interval, Joe came back and said he’d sing an acoustic version of Love is war.
I think he forgot a few of the words. It was pretty cool though, I don’t really like the album version of this song, but this acoustic version was lovely! all the extra high notes he added were amazing!
He then went on to say the next song is uptempo that he normally does with the band, but he thought he’d try it acousticly. He said he first ever sang it at a pub with 4 people in the audience who were downing pints and were like, what on earth is this idiot doing here?
It was an acoustic version of human!
This was so cool live! Ross and Alewin did a great job, they blended in really well with Joe’s voice, and I loved Ross and Alewin’s solo part in this song, the whole thing just really worked!
Up next was the fun part of the show, Jukebox Joe. Someone had a list of songs!
Someone shouted out summer of 69 and the band started playing, but Joe picked the person with the list first. They picked Nesun Dorma. He sang a little bit, he was like, whatever happened to a plain happy birthday?
Up next, to my delight, was acoustic uptown funk! How he can go from Opera to uptown funk in a few seconds, is just incredible! His voice was just on top form! I love Joe singing uptown funk, and it works so much acousticly!
I’m so sorry for mine and Ness’s excitement by the way, I really am!
Someone then asked for chandiler but Joe didn’t know it. Up next was I dreamed a dream. This was beautiful!
Joanna was next, and this was amazing too!
Someone asked for all about that base, he sang 4 lines!
He then sang Home, which reminded me of the classic tour.
Up next was summer of 69. He spet a few seconds working out the right key, this song really worked though, I loved it!
Up ext was Farenheit and I loved this so much, I honestly, loved his falsetto and the guitar, just beautiful! wow!
Up next was superman, this was stuning too!
Up next was happy, acoustic! I loved it, it really got the energy up in the room! I loved it! Joe just sounded like he was buzzing, and full of energy!
Old 07-03-2015, 17:18
jado
Forum Member

He then knocked over one of his bottles of water and caused a bit of a spillage. Hannah said it went worryingly close to the electrical wires.
The enxt song was Hollywood.
This was great live! it’s so upbeat and catchy! i loved it! I think I know all the lyrics now!
He then went on to introduce a song he wrote with someone called Helen, he wrote it 2 years ago, and it’s beautiful!
It’s amazing that they only rehearsed this a little before the show!
the guitar was great, so was the piano! Joe’s voice just suited this song so well! I could happily listen to his voice all day! He put so much emotion into this song, and i’ve had it on repeat all day!
The last song, was ambitions! I couldn’t beleive it was the last song already! the show had gone so fast! i’d laughed, cried, smiled, been in awe, all in 1 evening!
Joe is truly 1 special guy! i can’t wait to see him in Edmonton in November with Tish!

We didn’t hang around to meet Joe because we didn’t want to miss the last train home. We were on the train by 10, and made it home by 12.
What an amazing night, huge thanks to Megan, Hannah and Rosh for helping me out!
My recording is here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xmag7c
Old 08-03-2015, 06:55
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

What an amazing show at eastbourne last night!!!
I sat in the circle for the first half and the sound was stunning. As well as the lighting. Subfrantic's ricky is doing an amazing and bright job on this show. At the end of the show I went to thank ricky and congratulate him and he was telling someone there that this was still not everything they had planned. Its worth going to tge show again if they havent taken all their tricks oit of the hat.. lol
voice was incredible. He always sounds good, but yesterday was something else. The cople next to me bever heard him live and they were both totally impressed by his performance. Everyone in the circle looked really pleased by what they were hearing. I have to say they had the best of the sound in the theatre!
moved to the stalls for the second part of the show and I swear it was a nightclub and not a theatre. everyone on their feet clapping and dancing.

I want more!! Haha
Old 10-03-2015, 08:51
Gill P
Forum Member

Still nothing in the Portsmouth/Southampton area. Poole is the nearest and it is not only the driving to the venue but driving back late at night in time for the ferry! The ferries are very infrequent and the only other option is to stay at a hotel which bumps up the money.

Never mind, I am going to Blackpool in September!
Gill P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 19:50
YorkshireLass7
Forum Member

Fantastic trip to Ireland last weekend when the Evolution Tour visited Belfast and Derry

This was lots of fun http://youtu.be/m90NZGY-brQ followed by this http://youtu.be/_pwyRxHKpwc

Joe's now making the most of a 3 week tour break to fly off to Barnados for some sun and fun

http://instagram.com/p/0gNEZAvOpR/
YorkshireLass7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 21:14
YorkshireLass7
Forum Member

Ha ha just realised my typo and it's too late to edit my post, that should read Barbados
Old 22-03-2015, 18:44
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

the shows in Ireland were fab. The crowd were loud and it was really funny with the girl he invited on stage at Belfast! lol

Barbados! Lucky him He seems to be having a lot of fun!
Old 22-03-2015, 20:34
YorkshireLass7
Forum Member

Action Joe water ski-ing in Barbados http://instagram.com/p/0i4JkhvOuA/ (you can't do that at Barnados )
Old 23-03-2015, 21:12
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

you tried? lol
Old 23-03-2015, 23:18
YorkshireLass7
Forum Member

Of course

http://instagram.com/p/0lgQfvvOnw/