Options

Predictions - Pro line up 2015 - What type of partners wil the pros get?

Comments

• Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now we know who's returning

Contenders-

Joanne
    Natalie
    Otlile
    Tristan
    Brendan
    1 of the newbies (Giovani, perhaps)

MOR
    Aliona
    Kristina
    Ola
    Aljaz
    Kevin
    Other newbie (Gleb)

Duffers
    Pasha
    (Inevitably) Anton
    Karen
    Janette
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need a bit of time to think what type of partners I think or hope the pros will get with the new additions.

All I'll say for now as I've said on another thread is on Ola since she's returning from an injury - if she gets anyone more than a duffer then I will be very disappointed. I'm just bored to tears of the Jordans' drama queen antics! If the recent past is anything to go by - pros that return after injury get duffers that's what happned with Aliona and then Natalie - so if Ola is not given a duffer then I think it'll be another case of her getting preferential treatment because they're scared of James mouthing off on twiiter!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I need a bit of time to think what type of partners I think or hope the pros will get with the new additions.

All I'll say for now as I've said on another thread is on Ola since she's returning from an injury - if she gets anyone more than a duffer then I will be very disappointed. I'm just bored to tears of the Jordans' drama queen antics! If the recent past is anything to go by - pros that return after injury get duffers that's what happned with Aliona and then Natalie - so if Ola is not given a duffer then I think it'll be another case of her getting preferential treatment because they're scared of James mouthing off on twiiter!

I think it depends on the celebs- Aliona's return was forced and thus her partner was political to get her out early, whilst Tim was by far the tallest celeb so needed Natalie as a pro. If Ola gets a duffer there was very little point rushing her back in the first place!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    I think it depends on the celebs- Aliona's return was forced and thus her partner was political to get her out early, whilst Tim was by far the tallest celeb so needed Natalie as a pro. If Ola gets a duffer there was very little point rushing her back in the first place!

Tim was by 'far the tallest celeb' :confused: From what I remember Thom, Mark and even maybe Simon were taller!

As for Ola being 'rushed back' - well someone has got to get the duffer - I don't see why she should be exempt - she's had a good run with fairly popular celebs for the past few years.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim was by 'far the tallest celeb' :confused: From what I remember Thom, Mark and even maybe Simon were taller!

As for Ola being 'rushed back' - well someone has got to get the duffer - I don't see why she should be exempt - she's had a good run with fairly popular celebs for the past few years.

I'd say the only potential favourite Ola had was Ashley and he barely had any time to train. I guess Spoony in her first series had potential but wasn't given the chance to prove it. Otherwise:

Kenny Logan - no
    Andrew Castle - no
    Chris Hollins - no even though he somehow won
    Paul Daniels - duffer
    Robbie Savage - no
    Sid Owen - no
    Steve Backshall - no

She could probably go either way this series - a duffer would be reasonable but an out and out favourite who can actually dedicate time to training wouldn't be unreasonable either.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton - mid-range (I know he's crap but I feel bad about just how bad Judy was last year.)
    Brendan - duffer
    Alijaz - mid-range
    Kevin - Duffer
    Pasha - Duffer
    Tristan - Ringer
    New guys - good. Let's get to know them properly so we don't have a Tristan situ

Aliona - Good one
    Natalie - Ringer
    Karen - duffer (or good one - I'm torn, she's one of my faves but I really liked her relationship with Dave & think she'd have fun with a challenge again)
    Joanne - Good one
    Janette - mid-range
    Ola - duffer (James will whine anyway, let's give him an excuse)
    Kristina - duffer or midrange
    New girl - ringer

(I seem to be expecting a lot of duffers this year - might need to bump a few up.)
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin definitely deserves a rubbish celebrity. (I hope this because it'll mean we see less of him). Same with Joanne I hope but after last year, she'll probably get a good one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tim was definitely taller than Mark and Simon, not sure about Thom but, by any means, he did need someone of Natalie's height...
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Anton - an older, solidly good dancer. Think Fiona Fullerton, but with a little bit more promise in Latin.

Brendan - Sunetra was wasted on him last year, so give him a no-hoper.

Alijaz - a pleasant duffer, who survives to Week 5 on charm.

Kevin - a disappointment, who looked good on paper but underwhelms, out Week 4.

Pasha - a solid dancer, who coasts happily to Week 9.

Tristan - R I N G I E S T R I N G E R T H A T E V E R R U N G.

Gleb - a very good dancer, definite top 6 material.

Giovanni - not quite as good as Gleb's partner, but still good.

Aliona - her penance is over, give her a top-5 celeb.

Natalie - a quiet and charming ringer.

Karen - ...a passable dancer.

Joanne - after that Samba and that American Smooth last year, give her a really good dancer. She deserves it.

Janette - an actual comedy duffer, not a no-hoper like the shrieking goblin.

Ola - ...make her work, give her a King of Dance Off, finally getting the kick in Week 8.

Kristina - a pleasant, but dull, middling dancer.

Otille - a marmite dancer who's actually not too bad.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    High ability
    Tristan
    Aljaz
    Aliona
    Otille

MOR - never gonna win
    Anton
    Gleb*
    Ola
    Karen

MOR - chance of winning
    Giovanni*
    Anton
    Joanne
    Natalie

Comedy Duffer
    Janette
    Pasha

Just Duffer
    Kevin
    Kristina

*boys can be interchangeable as I know nothing about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Tim was definitely taller than Mark and Simon, not sure about Thom but, by any means, he did need someone of Natalie's height...

<Sigh> Here's the group photo.

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4179030.ece/ALTERNATES/s1023/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2014.jpg

To my eye Thom is definitely much taller and Mark looks a tad taller and Scott who's standing next to him is taller - Simon you can't tell because he's bending his legs & at the far end even Steve looks taller! He didn't need a taller pro at all! In fact I remember reading comments on this forum saying she was too tall for him! He would have been fine with anyone except perhaps Janette who may have been too petite for him, but even then, she might have been ok with him too because she was paired with Jake and from looking at the picture he looks around the same height as Tim. Tim was lucky he got Natalie who is a fine pro - one of the best strictly has and he appreciated her very much and they worked well together, but I wouldn't say in terms of height they were ideal partners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I'd say the only potential favourite Ola had was Ashley and he barely had any time to train. I guess Spoony in her first series had potential but wasn't given the chance to prove it. Otherwise:

Kenny Logan - no
    Andrew Castle - no
    Paul Daniels - duffer
    Robbie Savage - no
    Sid Owen - no
    Steve Backshall - no

She could probably go either way this series - a duffer would be reasonable but an out and out favourite who can actually dedicate time to training wouldn't be unreasonable either.

I'm actually not bothered that she's never had a ringer or a contender with any real potential to get to the finals. I agree with what someone said on another thread that a contender would be wasted on her and given what happened with Steve last series I'm beginning to feel a middler would be wasted on her too! She looked bored to tears last year and as others have said like she was phoning it in. She's already won - ok with one of the worst dancers ever to win but he wasn't hopeless - some pros never get contenders or even decent partners and are then dropped. She's had a good run on strictly and she's lucky to still be there imo.

I hope she gets an older duffer/ first or second week exit - she hasn't had one since Paul Daniels and that's all she deserves imo. Let the Jordans bleat to tabloids if she gets duffer - who cares!
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »

Kenny Logan - no
    Andrew Castle - no
    Paul Daniels - duffer
    Robbie Savage - no
    Sid Owen - no
    Steve Backshall - no

I'd say that is a fair assessment.

Ola (with the exception of Spoony) always got her celeb at least as far as they could be expected to get.
    Part of the reason is that she always puts 100% effort in.
    I thought last year was one of her best for choreography. She has been given a lot of mismatched dances/music/themes over the last two years and has coped well with that.

She would do well if given one of the better celebs, but I don't think there will be enough good celebs to go round and don't think Ola will be near the front of the queue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    I'd say that is a fair assessment.

Ola (with the exception of Spoony) always got her celeb at least as far as they could be expected to get.
    Part of the reason is that she always puts 100% effort in.
    I thought last year was one of her best for choreography. She has been given a lot of mismatched dances/music/themes over the last two years and has coped well with that.

She would do well if given one of the better celebs, but I don't think there will be enough good celebs to go round and don't think Ola will be near the front of the queue.

I don't think Ola put in 100% last year - as I've said before I think she looked bored. I find most of her choreo very safe and samey and I don't think it's an excuse that because she hasn't had highly able partners to dish out the same old same old. I also don't like the way she often resorts to distraction choreo that showcases herself - ok it maybe excusable occasionally if you have a really hopeless partner but most of her partners have actually been fairly capable.

As for the mismatched themes/music etc most of the pros have been lumbered with them not just her eg- 'Zorba the Greek' for AT or a Blofeld rumba anyone :confused: Unfortunately since this new producer started they seem to think it's a good idea to give contestants who are a threat to their favourites dodgy themes, music etc.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Ola put in 100% last year - as I've said before I think she looked bored. I find most of her choreo very safe and samey and I don't think it's an excuse that because she hasn't had highly able partners to dish out the same old same old. I also don't like the way she often resorts to distraction choreo that showcases herself - ok it maybe excusable occasionally if you have a really hopeless partner but most of her partners have actually been fairly capable.

As for the mismatched themes/music etc most of the pros have been lumbered with them not just her eg- 'Zorba the Greek' for AT or a Blofeld rumba anyone :confused: Unfortunately since this new producer started they seem to think it's a good idea to give contestants who are a threat to their favourites dodgy themes, music etc.

We both call what we see.

I don't think Steve thought Ola wasn't trying hard enough.

She may not have been happy toward the end of last year but she still worked as hard as she could.
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard that Trent will ask that Gordana be brought into the show or he'll walk. A risky move on his part as he didn't show any personality last year and many people did not warm up to him. Having said that, he is my favorite male pro dancer after Artem's departure last year, and Strictly may decide to keep him to avoid looking for somebody else. This may be a tough decision. Natalie Lowe may not be happy about this ;-)

There will be three, not two Cliftons in the show next year, When Karen and Kevin finally tie the knot this July, a perfectly choreographed event just before Strictly begins to warm up, Wedding picture rights have already been booked. we will be witnesses of a tri-fecta from the Clifton family...Can the show be saved :o

Ola, the big hanging question out there. Can she survive the fall? :D literally :D

Aljaz, karen, Janette, Kevin, Cristina, Iveta, Aliona have nothing to worry about. Joanne shoudn't either.

Well I am going to say it I cannot believe they have decided to invite back the 3 Clifton's I cannot stand any of them.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I hope

RINGER
    Tristan
    Natalie

PRETTY GOOD
    Joanne
    Giovanni
    Gleb
    Otille

Good
    Aljaz

MIDDLE OF ROAD
    Kevin
    Karen
    Anton

Out first few weeks duffers
    Ola
    Kristina
    Aliona
    Brendan

Comedy duffers
    Pasha
    Janette

THINK
    Ringers
    Brendan
    Giovanni
    Karen

PRETTY GOOD
    Joanne
    Gleb
    Otille
    Aliona

MOR
    Kevin
    Natalie
    Ola
    Kristina

Out early
    Tristan
    Janette

Duffer
    Anton
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan - Older Model (literally)
    Giovanni - Ringer
    Gleb - Big girl who can dance a bit
    Kevin - Athlete
    Tristan - Mature lady (again) or the Irish girl (again)
    Anton - Comedy duffer (again)
    Pasha - Ringer

Karen - Comedy duffer
    Joanne - Ringer
    Otille - Ringer
    Aliona - Handsome but can't dance
    Natalie - Tall guy
    Ola - Competent but 35+ guy
    Kristina - Gay guy
    Janette - Sportsman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davegold wrote: »
    Pasha - Ringer

Not a chance, two second places, winner, and Rachel was hardly a duffer on paper. Even Aliona's glorious run with Matt and Harry has been put to shame, Pasha is getting the fat, one legged, octogenarian comedy act who has no public following whatsoever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Pasha but even I have to admit there would have to be seriously wrong if he gets a ringer this year. I really hope he doesn't get the worst of the female signings though - personally I hope misery guts Brendan gets the bottom draw signing!

I like the idea of Pasha getting the comedy signing as someone suggested - I didn't think much of Aljaz in his first year but I really grew to like him last year with Alison - so that's what I would hope for Pasha - someone he can have a good laugh with and he could do a few entertaing routines with but no chance of getting to the latter stages with - I think Pasha can deliver comic routines as we saw on the Christmas Special with Elaine Paige - and yes I know Elaine was a ringer too but I think he could do it with someone less ability as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I guess if the female ringer is teeny-tiny then she might still go to Pasha or Kevin. If the male duffer is really tall then he might go to Natalie.

One thing that was confirmed to me recently is that the pros and celebs genuinely do not know whom they are going to be paired with before the launch show. The pros all drop hints about whom they would like, the celebs and their agents make demands but the producers, not being stupid, keep schtum until the recording. By delivering the pairings as a fait accompli, in front of an audience and the press, the pros and celebs are powerless to do anything about it. If the producers told people beforehand they would have to deal with weeks of tantrums and angry phone calls from agents demanding that they change their minds.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    <Sigh> Here's the group photo.

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4179030.ece/ALTERNATES/s1023/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2014.jpg

To my eye Thom is definitely much taller and Mark looks a tad taller and Scott who's standing next to him is taller - Simon you can't tell because he's bending his legs & at the far end even Steve looks taller! He didn't need a taller pro at all! In fact I remember reading comments on this forum saying she was too tall for him! He would have been fine with anyone except perhaps Janette who may have been too petite for him, but even then, she might have been ok with him too because she was paired with Jake and from looking at the picture he looks around the same height as Tim. Tim was lucky he got Natalie who is a fine pro - one of the best strictly has and he appreciated her very much and they worked well together, but I wouldn't say in terms of height they were ideal partners.

I'm pretty sure that that "group" photo has been photoshopped from 16 single photos..... They have used those poses for single shots elsewhere in the publicity blurb.

If you look at it, the men in particular are out of proportion to each other - AND to the ladies who all look to be similar heights, when we KNOW that there was quite a range of heights among them.
    Because of her height, Natalie nearly always gets the tallest male celeb (like Ian used to get the tallest female!) and even then someone like Audley was too tall even for her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that that "group" photo has been photoshopped from 16 single photos..... They have used those poses for single shots elsewhere in the publicity blurb.

If you look at it, the men in particular are out of proportion to each other - AND to the ladies who all look to be similar heights, when we KNOW that there was quite a range of heights among them.
    Because of her height, Natalie nearly always gets the tallest male celeb (like Ian used to get the tallest female!) and even then someone like Audley was too tall even for her
    I'm basing my opinion not just on that pic but from what I saw on TV. Tim wasn't by any stretch of the imagination 'by far the tallest' male celeb! I remember thinking Natalie was too tall for him when they were paired together and I still thought that when they started dancing together! I think only Gregg was really shorter than him and most of the other male celebs were either taller or around the same height as him. She was imo given him to ease her back into the show after suffering injury - so imo since Ola is coming back from injury she should be given the oldest celeb or the least popular celeb who's going to be an early exit.

If Ola's given another middler I think we've got more pivots, knee slides and starfish to look forward to...mega yawn!
  • Options
    Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice if Ola got a duffer with benefits. Like Aliona and Tony Jackson yes she was first out but she spent a lot of time playing golf in Florida, and she is still in touch so it was nice for her
    A polish celeb, hairdresser, make up, photographer. First boot but she has a nice time, then she gets binned
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice if Ola got a duffer with benefits. Like Aliona and Tony Jackson yes she was first out but she spent a lot of time playing golf in Florida, and she is still in touch so it was nice for her
    A polish celeb, hairdresser, make up, photographer. First boot but she has a nice time, then she gets binned

I agree, Ola might not be my favourite pro at the moment at the moment but I wouldn't wish someone like Gregg Wallace or Dom Littlewood on anyone! Give her a charming duffer - someone like Richard Dunwoody, Tim or Tony, who she can have a good time with so no excuse for James to whinge on Twitter. It did make laugh though when he took a pop at Aliona for her 'attitude' towards Gregg when in the run up to strictly last year he was complaining that Ola would get a duffer! I bet he would have been fuming if Ola had got Gregg!