Destinys Child - Did u prefer DC4 or DC3?

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been relistening to "The Writings on the Wall" and firmly believe the original DC4 line up of Beyonce, Kelly, Latavia & LeToya was the best line up, its such a shame Beyonce's father fired them just because they complained at the way they were being unfairly treated.

Michelle was always just "there" as far as Im concerned and I have never cared for her horrible gravely voice.

Survivor and Destinys Fulfilled are good albums but they dont come close to TWOTW imo

Here is the original line up perorming "Say My Name", its quite rare and really enjoyable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjEhYVJ53Yk

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    I was never a huge fan of DC. I liked the odd song. I liked songs from both line ups.

Bills Bills Bills was/is an absolute tune.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Dc3...
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    My body's too Bootylicious for ya!
    DC 3 all the way!:)

Except for when fat women use that quote.:mad:
    *Shudder*
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    The Writing On The Wall does have some great songs on it. I prefer DC3 though.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Writing On The Wall era was the best
  • Welsh_RabbitWelsh_Rabbit Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To Be honest i neevr really new there were two other memebers till a few months ago. As i wasn't exactly a fan and didn't really listen to music in the 90's (as i was under 10, and didn't really care that much) i thought the three of them were the original :o

I only really knew them for Survior and that other big one.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    The first 2 albums with the proper line-up shit over the ABYSMAL MESS that is Survivor - how they followed up one of the best R&B albums of 99/00 with that piece of crap I'll never know....there is 1 good song "Bootylicious"....Destiny Fulfilled was a lot better but I'll never thought Michelle could sing or dance particularly well.
    DC4 ALL THE WAY.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC3 because that's when I really got into them.

However songs like Jumpin Jumpin and Say My Name are my favourites, which I believe come from DC4? Love both in hindsight.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Very difficult question to answer OP, we never heard the other members sing in DC4 which was annoying. On the otherhand DC3 each had something that made them standout.
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »
    Very difficult question to answer OP, we never heard the other members sing in DC4 which was annoying. On the otherhand DC3 each had something that made them standout.

I wish we had the luxury of not hearing Michelle:D
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I wish we had the luxury of not hearing Michelle:D
    Each to their own :D
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »
    Each to their own :D

I swear she gargles with drain cleaner before she goes on stage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bug a Boo is a choon. As is Jumpin' Jumpin.

DC would be hard pushed to better Lose my breath mind you
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I swear she gargles with drain cleaner before she goes on stage
    The raspiness is her appeal :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DC3 by far
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand we have bug a boo, no, no, no, Bills, bills, bills, say my name, so good and jumpin jumpin.

On the other we have survivor, bootylicious, dangerously in love, story of beauty, nasty girl, lose my breathe, soldier, emotion, girl, cater 2 u, stand up for love among others.

Impossible choice, all three of dc3 have ended up solo on my ipod.

No need to choose, its not like sugababes v sugafakes, both were genuine dc, both incredible line ups, I refuse to choose.

Oh and op, some respect please, to dc4-2, poor forgotten Farrah

Fave of each line up would be So Good, Say My Name and story of beauty
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Both have classic songs that will be remembered.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Writing On The Wall era was the best

I agree 100%. The Writings on the Wall is still one of my favourite albums. It is a shame the crap that followed it. They really peaked in 1999.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC4 i think!

even though i liked some of their later songs (Survivor is a personal favourite!)

i don't like them doing their solo stuff! i mean Beyonce has been successful and all but i don't connect with her. Kelly has restricted herself a fair bit though!

Destiny's Child were of an era, i have the Greatest Hits and play it in the summer a lot! still great shizzle!
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and op, some respect please, to dc4-2, poor forgotten Farrah

Im sorry but someone who was there all of a few months and honestly gave pretty much nothing to the group or its history doesn't deserve much respect imho

Farrah was a mere "temp"
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    ^ I have to agree.

DC gets a fair bit of stick for sacking her but wasn't she missing shows and rehearsals and stuff. You can't behave like that in a job.
  • BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC4 without a doubt, it was a proper vocal outfit from contralto to soprano - lovely bass & mid harmonies and a lead vocal. By comparison, DC3 was a mess - it became "the Beyonce show" and the other two were superfluous. All you have to do is compare some live performances:

DC4 - Amazing Grace. Bass, soprano, and lead vocals - sonically, very beautiful!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9_DfZRfNE&feature=related

DC3 - Gospel Medley. An awful mess - you have 3 singers taking turns on lead vocal, and 2 of them can't really sing, well, not in the capacity of a lead vocalist.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K6URWDFErk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I have to agree.

DC gets a fair bit of stick for sacking her but wasn't she missing shows and rehearsals and stuff. You can't behave like that in a job.

I think she was, I can barely remember much about her though tbh she sucked
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedlem wrote: »
    DC4 without a doubt, it was a proper vocal outfit from contralto to soprano - lovely bass & mid harmonies and a lead vocal. By comparison, DC3 was a mess - it became "the Beyonce show" and the other two were superfluous. All you have to do is compare some live performances:

DC4 - Amazing Grace. Bass, soprano, and lead vocals - sonically, very beautiful!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9_DfZRfNE&feature=related

DC3 - Gospel Medley. An awful mess - you have 3 singers taking turns on lead vocal, and 2 of them can't really sing, well, not in the capacity of a lead vocalist.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K6URWDFErk

Good post and I agree completely

If the group ever reunited they should reunite as DC4 imo

Kelly and LeToya seem good friends again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf6Ri2OYBzE