The Shield - Series 5 (US pace) (merged)

2»

Comments

• Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    www.demonoid.com - or do a search for S2e62 ;)
  • Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The season has now finished and WOW what an ending, 90mins of twists and turns - betrayal and loss standing alongside drama and tension

Superb!

:):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I had a feeling Shane was gonna do it, but was still shocked when he did, especially how! Was very sad seeing him still alive. Thought it was a bit stupid using a grenade when everyone knows they had easy access to them earlier in the day.

When Vic finds out (which he will do eventually) it'll be very interesting to see how it plays out, and remember Ronnie still doesn't know about Terry...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With another near-flawless season in the bag, The Shield continues to be the most consistent performer, and possibly the best show on TV.

I thought 5x10 was better than the finale, though. With a few lose ends seemingly tied up and changes being set in motion to a musical montage, it even felt more like a season finale than the 90 minute special did, but the highlight was probably Shane and Lem's scene in the carpark. It was super-tense, since we almost knew that Lem was a goner the second it turned out Shane was the one without a tail. Awesome stuff.

That said, as good this season was, I didn't think it was their best, and considering where the momentum of the overall story is going, I (reluctantly) hope the rumors are true, and that the next season is really the last. I would miss the show, but I would rather see it bring everything to a natural close and go out on top.

I'm not sure if I would prefer a happy ending or for Vic & Co to finally pay for their crimes. With Lem dead, arguably the good guy of the four, perhaps the writing is on the wall.