Open letter to Channel 5 re Person of Interest

DanDud17DanDud17 Posts: 53
Forum Member
Dear Channel 5 please give the tv series Person of Interest better respect on your channel than it is already receiving. This includes giving the show better promotion and advertising on both your main channel and 5USA as well as a better timeslot and less waiting between when the show airs in the USA and on your channel. As you may know the U.S is currently in the middle of Season 4 whilst you have not started Season 3 yet. It would be a shame if people started illegally downloading this show or giving up on it altogether. You already gave up on Once Upon A Time, Justified and Sons of Anarchy and lost the rights to other hit shows you have shown in the past to other Channels such as Prison Break, House, M.D, Greys Anatomy and Breaking Bad. You have also moved shows from Prime Time scheduling on your main channel to your spin off Channels Five USA and Five Star such as The Walking Dead, the Law & Order franchise, Longmire, Castle and Body of Proof and we hope Person of Interest won’t get tossed to those Channels as an afterthought. Channel 5 seems to be only interest in CSI and NCIS franchises, these shows whilst scoring big for channel 5 won’t last forever and 2 CSI spin offs have already been cancelled. If channel 5 treated its full portfolio of shows like they did with CSI with good scheduling and advertising Channel 5 would get better ratings and more advertising revenue. Person of Interest is a great drama and is shown on CBS in America the channel that gave you CSI to begin with so by treating Person of Interest better you will be showing CBS that there partnership with Channel is one to be reckoned with.

Comments

• niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanDud17 wrote: »
    Dear Channel 5 please give the tv series Person of Interest better respect on your channel than it is already receiving. This includes giving the show better promotion and advertising on both your main channel and 5USA as well as a better timeslot and less waiting between when the show airs in the USA and on your channel. As you may know the U.S is currently in the middle of Season 4 whilst you have not started Season 3 yet. It would be a shame if people started illegally downloading this show or giving up on it altogether. You already gave up on Once Upon A Time, Justified and Sons of Anarchy and lost the rights to other hit shows you have shown in the past to other Channels such as Prison Break, House, M.D, Greys Anatomy and Breaking Bad. You have also moved shows from Prime Time scheduling on your main channel to your spin off Channels Five USA and Five Star such as The Walking Dead, the Law & Order franchise, Longmire, Castle and Body of Proof and we hope Person of Interest won’t get tossed to those Channels as an afterthought. Channel 5 seems to be only interest in CSI and NCIS franchises, these shows whilst scoring big for channel 5 won’t last forever and 2 CSI spin offs have already been cancelled. If channel 5 treated its full portfolio of shows like they did with CSI with good scheduling and advertising Channel 5 would get better ratings and more advertising revenue. Person of Interest is a great drama and is shown on CBS in America the channel that gave you CSI to begin with so by treating Person of Interest better you will be showing CBS that there partnership with Channel is one to be reckoned with.

Too late!

I lost touch with PoI mid season 2 when Channel 5 took a break. As I rarely watch Channel 5, I never realised it had returned. If I ever decide to watch it now, it will either be a box-set or a streaming service.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

I lost touch with PoI mid season 2 when Channel 5 took a break. As I rarely watch Channel 5, I never realised it had returned. If I ever decide to watch it now, it will either be a box-set or a streaming service.

I don't watch P.O.I. but I sympathatise with the OP- Channel 5 have a horrendous
    record with their US imports.

As mentioned, they bought Breaking Bad from FX UK, stuck it in a graveyard slot, then abandoned it- so UK & Ireland viewers couldn't
    see the show until Netflix and TG4, respectively, picked BB up.

Channel 5 also bought the superb "Archer", and again stuck it in a graveyard slot with no promotion whatsoever. >:(
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might it be a better to write to them directly instead of posting here?
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck, open letters and direct communications about anything to do with tv just brings you a whole load of trouble, a never ending stream of dead ends and quite often a fistful of porkies to digest.

Believe me, you will get increasingly frustrated with being stonewalled, patronised and in the end insulted, and it'll get you nowhere, until you concede defeat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean OP. I keep tweeting CH5 about POI.

Just wished another channel had the rights to show it.
    Shame as its a really good show but CH5 keep mucking us around.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    If UK viewers wanna see a particular US show, hope and pray C5 doesn't buy it....
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching poi halfway through season 1 when channel 5 took a break. I've not gone back yet because I can't remember what episode I saw upto
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 also bought the superb "Archer", and again stuck it in a graveyard slot with no promotion whatsoever. >:(

Bullshit, Archer got a lot of network promotion. It just doesn't promote well...
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    If UK viewers wanna see a particular US show, hope and pray C5 doesn't buy it....
    Yeah, because they're the only ones who have dropped a US import recently or moved it to a different slot or channel following lower than expected ratings.

What about the many imports like NCIS, The Mentalist, CSI, Under the Dome, Wentworth Prison and more, that I've watched and followed for free with absolutely no problems over the years ? How do they fit into your little theory ?

Then you've got Gotham at the moment which is fantastic and airing close to the US. Chicago PD another one they've added recently which was excellent viewing, and having only finished a couple of weeks ago is back as soon as January to try and catch up with the States.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching poi halfway through season 1 when channel 5 took a break. I've not gone back yet because I can't remember what episode I saw upto
    Well the first two seasons are on Netflix so it's fairly easy to catchup.

I think it should be tried in the post Gotham slot when it returns in the New Year. Likely to be highly compatible with that I would think.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Yeah, because they're the only ones who have dropped a US import recently or moved it to a different slot or channel following lower than expected ratings.

What about the many imports like NCIS, The Mentalist, CSI, Under the Dome, Wentworth Prison and more, that I've watched and followed for free with absolutely no problems over the years ? How do they fit into your little theory ?

Then you've got Gotham at the moment which is fantastic and airing close to the US. Chicago PD another one they've added recently which was excellent viewing, and having only finished a couple of weeks ago is back as soon as January to try and catch up with the States.

They have a bad reputation, and deservedly so.