Options

Ladies is this a good present to receive

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
Forum Member
It's my girlfriends 21st birthday in three weeks and had been thinking of buying her some nice jewellery but not very clued up on it. Came across this and was wondering if this is something you would be happy to receive from a partner. Ideally I would prefer a piece of jewellery she can wear anytime

http://www.thecharmworks.com/product/CW-PRE-21ST/Sterling-Silver-21st-Birthday-Charm-Bracelet.html#&ui-state=dialog

Comments

• Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's too clunky for my tastes, I like my jewellery delicate but you're not buying it for me. What is the jewellery like that she already owns, is it big and chunky or is it delicate and flimsy?
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thecharmworks.com/product/CW-PRE-21ST/Sterling-Silver-21st-Birthday-Charm-Bracelet.html#&ui-state=dialog

Looks great to me! If you know that she likes chunky bracelets, then go for it. Lucky girl
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your link doesn't work, so I can only go from your description.
    Does she like jewellry, specifically silver ?Does she wear bracelets? I think you have to ask yourself these questions first, because we don't all like the same things.
    I've just seen it. (Thanks Tess-g) I think it's very pretty actually, though I'm not sure if I'd have been comfortable wearing it.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was wondering if this is something you would be happy to receive from a partner. Ideally I would prefer a piece of jewellery she can wear anytime

That isn't something one can wear any time, seeing the size of some charms. Such as the key, the champagne bottle and the black cake.

That sort of bracelet isn't easy to wear either, to be honest, but fair enough if she has a similar bracelet.

What sort of jewellery does she usually wear?
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    For me, it would be something lovely to receive but not something I would wear regularly. The charms aren't really regular use looking IMO and its a bit chunky but as said above, you're not buying for me and it all depends on other jewellery your girlfriend owns/likes.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I'd go for a chunky silver bracelet without the charms - she's not gonna be eighteen forever and the 'novelty' value of the charms will wear off. Keep it plain - keep it simple - that way she'll be able to wear it for years.
  • Options
    Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I'd be thrilled with that charm bracelet, I think it's lovely. It's much better than a common Pandora bracelet that all females seem to have at the moment.

When I was 18yrs I was bought a silver charm bracelet, and over the years I've added more charms to it, one charm being an '18' one, and at the age of 47yrs I still have that bracelet and wear it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think charm bracelets are quite a sweet present, but I think it would be miles better to have one made up with charms that are personal to her. So you would put on her favourite animals, for example, and/ or favourite bird or flower, or a music one if she loves music, or a dancer etc etc. There are hundreds of charms on Amazon or ebay and you could really get something special for her.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bracelet is nice enough although the charms are a bit generic and impersonal.

I have a lovely charm bracelet with charms that are personal and mean something to me on it.
    My mum got it for me a few years ago and she adds a couple of charms to it every year, she works for a silver jewellery company though so it's cheap for her to do it hence why she doesn't mind.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a Pandora bracelet is nicer myself!... I have a silver charm bracelet that I have had since I was 21 and it is full of charms now and tbh I never wear it!..... and I never see anyone else wearing them or mentioning that they would like one nowadays either!....

Sorry op but judging by my two granddaughters reaction to mine!... who are just a bit younger than your girlfriend Pandora is the way to go!.........
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You want to get her a Troll bead bracelet then you can get her different Troll beads :)

I love my Troll beads
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my girlfriends 21st birthday in three weeks and had been thinking of buying her some nice jewellery but not very clued up on it. Came across this and was wondering if this is something you would be happy to receive from a partner. Ideally I would prefer a piece of jewellery she can wear anytime

Buying a bird Elizabeth Duke will not make her drop her kecks and you loose your cherry, a packet of B&H and bottle of Lambrusco will do the job better.

😛😃😜
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    I think a Pandora bracelet is nicer myself!... I have a silver charm bracelet that I have had since I was 21 and it is full of charms now and tbh I never wear it!..... and I never see anyone else wearing them or mentioning that they would like one nowadays either!....

Sorry op but judging by my two granddaughters reaction to mine!... who are just a bit younger than your girlfriend Pandora is the way to go!.........

Whereas I have friends who are desperately asking my mum to get them a proper charm bracelet like mine (I'm 25, my friends are in the age 21-29 range) but no-one I know likes Pandora bracelets.

Essentially though it will come down to the OP's girlfriend's personal taste in jewellery.
  • Options
    Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    I think a Pandora bracelet is nicer myself!...

Thinking about it, a Pandora bracelet is maybe more of a safe bet as all young women seem to have one now a days and they're trendy. It's a bit boring and predictable though...

What about buying a silver charm bracelet with no charms already on it, but buy a couple of charms that you've chosen personally?