Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might offer to be Izzy's surrogate for money and then decide that she wants to keep the baby.

And then it turns out the baby is actually Tina and Tommy's because they couldn't refrain from sex. lol

I wouldn't put it passed them.
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One moment Ryan is in hospital having been whacked over the head with a large metal stapler, hard enough to have potentially killed him, and definitely hard enough to produce copious amounts of blood.

An hour or so later he strolls back onto the Street with his hair looking immaculate, and not long afterwards Michelle is stroking the back of his head without him giving so much as a wince.

These damn writers can't even keep continuity straight during the same episode part!
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick everyone .... move to Corrie Street. There are jobs-a-plenty there! Tina gets a job in the builders office and Tommy gets a job as a security man! That's on top of their bar and pizza delivery jobs.:rolleyes:
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,429
    Forum Member
    ...and all on a Sunday :)
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    ...and all on a Sunday :)

Considering that the second line of the episode was "It's Sunday", there was an awful lot going in:

tracey gets a job interview

tina gets a job trial

rob and michelle go to a business lunch

kevin was working in the garage

ken's at the library

dev gets the kids ready to go shopping at what must be about 6pm
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where to start?!!
    Exactly. Even after she told Tommy, she kept gobbing off and shouting at Tommy. She literally goaded the poor sod into taking some kind of action.

And tonight Tina had the damned cheek to say that Kirsty was bossng Tyrone around! Is Tommy even allowed to think for himself?
    soapjunkie wrote: »
    As if Ryan wouldn't have said "she's not my mother" in that argument.

And where was the dressing to the head injury the doctor promised?

Of course he would say something about her not being his real mother.
    Why didn't the alarms go off when Ryan opened the door to Underworld.I can't recall seeing him turn the alarms off, would he even know the number of the alarm setting.?

So here is Tina getting a job as a book keeper without any training at all, what a joke.

Still can't believe Dev is allowing Sunita to live in HIS house with HIS kids while he lives over the shop! As if!

Has anyone else ever noticed, Michelle and Tina are forever holding cups or mugs when they are saying their lines, we laugh an d say their lines are in the bottom of the mug:D

Tina is a one-woman marvel who can do anything. :rolleyes:

Tina & Michelle are weak actresses. That's why without the mug Tina is always putting her hands to face and Michelle folds her arms or hugs a cushion.

Hotgossip wrote: »
    Quick everyone .... move to Corrie Street. There are jobs-a-plenty there! Tina gets a job in the builders office and Tommy gets a job as a security man! That's on top of their bar and pizza delivery jobs.:rolleyes:

Clever little Tina will soon have 3 jobs; at the Rovers, the builders yard and as a surrogate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie tonight. :eek:

Would Ryan who's 20+ really put up with being under 'house arrest? Would Michelle over-react on finding he had gone out when she returned to the flat? Under the circumstances would Steve really refuse to babysit Amy and think Ryan was more important? With Ryan's track record so far, would Michelle really think Rob hit him over the head for no apparent reason?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another thing! Why all the bitchy spite about Lesley's ornament?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Asda and Aldi wearing winter jackets in the middle of summer. :eek:
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's Manchester in August for you!
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    And tonight Tina had the damned cheek to say that Kirsty was bossng Tyrone around! Is Tommy even allowed to think for himself?

Yeah, Tommy's almost as whipped as Tyrone. The way she was shouting at him during the other episode-who is she to judge how Kirsty treats Tyrone? Look in the mirror, Tina!

The easiness with which Tommy and Tina got jobs was ridiculous. You'd think it was the post-New Deal era.
  • kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Ryan gets an £80 as a result of wasting police time

a) Can that kind of thing be dealt with by way of a fixed penalty notice
    b) No action taken as a result of breaking & entering, attempted burglary etc etc
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show has gone down hill fast in recent months. Just completely unrealistic
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    I cannot believe that no-one in the street knew that Rita had been kidnapped by drug-dealer Rick on her wedding day or that they weren't aware of Tommy's involvement with the whole drugs storyline.
    Surely, it would have been a fairly high profile story (at least locally) especially with all the police involvement and resulting prosecution and court case. Also, you'd imagine, local news broadcasts would have covered it.
    But no, it happened, evidently not one person had heard about it and we're supposed to forget (like an awful lot of other things on CS)

What I didn't get was people saw the police car turn up with Rita in it. Did they not question at all why Rita was being brought back in a police car (although would police seriously do that?)

No investigation or anything, or questioning Rita and Tina why they where there with Rick the loan shark. Such a stupid plot just for the sake of sensationalism.

And writers stop portraying Tina as if she is right all the time and is perfect, I personally find this character irritating. New Vera my arse!
  • hiawathahiawatha Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina with no experience,sorts the paperwork in Owens dump of an office in a flash.
    She finds "invoices" for more than a thousand pounds that Owen had forgotten.
    Yeah sure a small firm like that would forgot that.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    Well Kevin had to be informed about internet banking by his daughter and I doubt he even knows how to use a computer so he isn't that savy.

Yeah, fair play about Kevin but surely not Roy?
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin says that he wants his money back for the faulty smoke alarms as he can't risk his business if they are not working properly. Did he have alarms before he was flogged those ones - if he did, why did he need new ones?
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Tina & Michelle are weak actresses. That's why without the mug Tina is always putting her hands to face and Michelle folds her arms or hugs a cushion.

Tina also seems to be always eating and/or licking/smacking her lips. I find her difficult to watch. Not to mention irritating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina also seems to be always eating and/or licking/smacking her lips. I find her difficult to watch. Not to mention irritating.

:eek: What! We are supposed to adore her! She's fiesty and so clever. :rolleyes:
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did Eileen get the big dining table and enough chairs to sit six people, the only table we've ever seen is that tiny drop leaf thing that sits at the window:confused:
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Corrie tonight. :eek:

Would Ryan who's 20+ really put up with being under 'house arrest? Would Michelle over-react on finding he had gone out when she returned to the flat? Under the circumstances would Steve really refuse to babysit Amy and think Ryan was more important? With Ryan's track record so far, would Michelle really think Rob hit him over the head for no apparent reason?

What 20 year-old son would want to 'hang out' with his mother?
  • IgguldenIggulden Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Where did Eileen get the big dining table and enough chairs to sit six people, the only table we've ever seen is that tiny drop leaf thing that sits at the window:confused:

google "extending / extendable table"
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggulden wrote: »
    google "extending / extendable table"

I'm not daft! I do know what an extending table is:D However, her small crappy table didn't look as if it would stretch to accomodate six people, and where was she keeping all the chairs to go with it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My goodness me, that was an extremely bad hour's episode, the acting was abysmal by any stretch of the imagination, it looked as if they were trying to outdo each other in how bad they could be. It was obvious that it wasn't intended to be shown on a Sunday but a couple of scenes were re filmed to make it out to be a Sunday
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ist 10 minutes of last night's episode ...

Michelle has asbestos hands - holding her cup.

Eileen - for some unfathomable reason - is using a Dutch Cookery Book

Norris owns the shop, so why would Rita be able to talk about a job for Tina?
This discussion has been closed.