Anyone ever had a dream about a late pet

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Well it happened to me last night

I dreamt I was standing by the fireplace in my old house and my dad was coming back from taking my dog Mittsie for a walk

Before he and Mittsie had got through the door, the first dog I ever had called Lulu appeared out of nowhere and stood right in front of me looking at me

Lulu has been dead for 18 years now and it really freaked me out when I opened my eyes as she just felt so real to me

Comments

• marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I dreampt about my dog benny. In my dream he was sitting in our front room and I could see him clear as day. I was stroking him. It was like he was really there, it was great.
  • michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dreamt about my dog Taz for several months after he died, A lot of the dreams were him and me in a big field with him wandering further and further away and me trying to call him back to me.

I had a few dreams where he'd just be sitting next to me and I'd be stroking him too. Those ones were comforting because they seemed so real, but upsetting when I woke up and realised it wasn't real.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still dream about my dog Bilbo, even though he died several years ago.

I've had the one where we are in a field and he is wandering further away too, I also had one where he was flying and one where he was running in the road and I woke up screaming about him being run over

But usually I just dream that he is sitting with me and I am stroking and fussing him, Its lovely at the time, when you wake up and realise it was just a dream it is really upsetting :cry:
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often dream about our second cat, Bully. He was a semi-stray and came to us when he was covered in flea-allergy sores. We took him in and sorted him out. He was about 14 when he came and gave us lots of love and amusement for 3 years before he went.
    I dream of him jumping on my pillow in the night and nosing under the covers, turning around and shuffling backwards further down into my bed, just like he did. Then I wake up.