Options

Ringing Ebay resolution centre

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,166
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have not received an item that I bought off ebay on 4/12 and the listing and seller have disappeared from 'My ebay' view so I have not been able to contact the seller. I went onto the resolution centre and started the process to raise an online case. During this process I could see the item and seller and found that in the last 2 weeks the seller has had 18 negative feedback comments posted for failing to send the game I and the other buyers had bought. From this I am assuming that ebay have shut the seller down.

I rang ebay on 23/12 and spoke to a representative who insisted that I needed to contact the seller as it was a pre-requisite of raising an online case. I explained that I couldnt do this and he kept assuming that the item was able to be seen and I started to get a bit frustrated when he tried to navigate me to my own ebay feedback page to find the item and low and behold it wasn't there! Eventually the penny dropped and he said that he / ebay would send me something by email so that I could manually communicate with the seller. I did ask why this was necessary due to all the negative feedback and the fact that the item and seller have disappeared from their site but he just said I needed to do this before raising an online case.

That was 3 days ago and i have not received anything from ebay and am dreading having to ring them again! has anybody had a similar experience and got any useful advice?

Comments

• Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Do the words 'no longer a registered user' show under the sellers username? If so, all you should need to do is file an INR in Paypal and your money should be refunded sharpish. At least that's what happend when i was in this situation. Did you file the dispute through Ebay or Paypal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    Do the words 'no longer a registered user' show under the sellers username? If so, all you should need to do is file an INR in Paypal and your money should be refunded sharpish. At least that's what happend when i was in this situation. Did you file the dispute through Ebay or Paypal?

Tried via the resolution centre in ebay. I cant see the item or the seller. I could only see the item via raising an online case but couldnt finish raising the case cos i hadnt contacted the seller. So can i raise it via Paypal instead?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Followed the links and it expects me to contact the seller first.
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cajone, presumably you received an email from eBay confirming that you'd bought the item. Didn't it contain a link to contact the seller through eBay? Did you try to do so?
  • Options
    bluecatbluecat Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Cajone1963 wrote: »
    Followed the links and it expects me to contact the seller first.

If you want to contact the seller, then log in to Paypal, find the transaction and click on 'details'. On that page, you'll see the seller's email address. You can contact them if you really want to.

However, I had an identical problem two weeks ago, and eBay wasn't actually too bothered about whether or not I'd contacted the seller before opening the case.

I had emailed her privately, but eBay didn't ask me for any proof that I'd done that.
    So, I just clicked through the link [like the one that martinpickering's posted] saying that the seller wasn't responding to my emails, she was no longer registered, and I hadn't received my item.

Just keep whatever you say when you open the case simple and clear - it seems to help.

Once you've opened the case, you have to wait a week while eBay contacts the seller. If the seller doesn't respond in that time, then you're sent an email asking if you want to 'escalate the case'.

I did - and I had a full refund within minutes.

I think you're probably in an even stronger position than I was, because my seller seemed OK, she was just hopelessly disorganised.

You, on the other hand, have the evidence from at least eighteen other people to support your claim, so you should get a refund with no problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    Cajone, presumably you received an email from eBay confirming that you'd bought the item. Didn't it contain a link to contact the seller through eBay? Did you try to do so?

Yes I did but I delete them and keep my paypal confirmation by email and then leave item in 'My ebay' ready to provide feedback. Because of the weather situation I didnt chase it but when I did it wasnt visible anymore in 'My ebay'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did but I delete them and keep my paypal confirmation by email and then leave item in 'My ebay' ready to provide feedback. Because of the weather situation I didnt chase it but when I did it wasnt visible anymore in 'My ebay'.
    Well, in that case you'll need to follow bluecat's advice to get the seller's contact details via PayPal, and then either email or phone him/her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    Well, in that case you'll need to follow bluecat's advice to get the seller's contact details via PayPal, and then either email or phone him/her.

Just figured it out and emailed her. How long do i have to wait for a reply that i know i wont get?
  • Options
    wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bear in mind that right from the beginning of December there has been very bad weather and there is a huge backlog of post still undelivered.

You need to go to your paypal account and file an Item Not Received claim.

Also, change your settings on your My Ebay page to show more than 14 days and you will be able to see your older transactions.

So long as you paid by paypal you will get your money back if the seller does not reply or cant prove they sent it via trackable postage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just figured it out and emailed her. How long do i have to wait for a reply that i know i wont get?
    I wouldn't allow very long. A day or two, maybe? I think all you really need to do is to show PayPal that you have tried to contact the seller.