Argos take over a month to deliver???!?!

misterelimistereli Posts: 822
Forum Member
✭✭
Last time I used the argos website to place an order, it let me choose a delivery date for as close as under 2 weeks away.

But now I just went on their website again, completed the checkout form thinking I'd be able to choose a date, but no - this time it says they'll phone me by 28th January to arrange a delivery!!

Is there any way I can speed this up? I am buying gym equipment because I want to get in shape by the summer, so I wanted to start as soon as possible.

Why does it take them so long? Especially when if you order in store they deliver within 3-5 days. :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to a store and buy it there?
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Go to a store and buy it there?

Ironic aint it

The OP wants to get fit asap but is to lazy to go to the store
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironic aint it

The OP wants to get fit asap but is to lazy to go to the store

They don't stock all of the bulkier items in store - the OP might be talking about something which has to be a home delivery.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the goods you require are not available to deliver at present and that is when they are expecting more?
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have ordered a few bulky items and they have arrived much quicker than was stated when ordering.

Maybe you will get lucky and it will come back into stock quicker.
  • misterelimistereli Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »
    They don't stock all of the bulkier items in store - the OP might be talking about something which has to be a home delivery.

Exactly. It is a multi gym and you can't go and pick them up from the store - they're delivery only. I placed the order thinking I would get to select a date like I was able to last time, but no, it said I'd get a call by Jan 28th to arrange the delivery.

But I don't understand why it says in the argos catalogue that they deliver within 3-5 days, but online it takes up to 35 days. I mean, what is there reason for it taking so long? Basically they're saying 'wait a month and then we'll sort out the delivery'. Makes no sense to me.

But hopefully the poster above is right and I'll get the call a lot quicker.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistereli wrote: »
    Exactly. It is a multi gym and you can't go and pick them up from the store - they're delivery only. I placed the order thinking I would get to select a date like I was able to last time, but no, it said I'd get a call by Jan 28th to arrange the delivery.

But I don't understand why it says in the argos catalogue that they deliver within 3-5 days, but online it takes up to 35 days. I mean, what is there reason for it taking so long? Basically they're saying 'wait a month and then we'll sort out the delivery'. Makes no sense to me.

But hopefully the poster above is right and I'll get the call a lot quicker.

As said, maybe they don't have it at the moment and that is when they are expecting the next stock to come in.
  • wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We ordered bunk beds in the summer and got told the same thing, but I think they put a "worst case scenario" date on it, because when I politely begged, they miraculously managed to speed it up to just under a week.
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    hope you're not wanting to put your multi gym anywhere up stairs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    The delivery service from Argos is terrible. I won't order anything that's 'home delivery only' from them because because I can't be bothered to wait 28 days for it when I can get items much quicker elsewhere.
  • angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i bought a bed from them a few years ago, it did take a month to come. I bouoght another bed this year, it came the next day. Bought this one off some random other website.
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it says on the item page before you place to order when its one of those things that take forever. But yeah, don't get your hopes up when it says it takes 28 days thats the LEAST it will be. I know from experience.

To the person that called the OP lazy, theres a lot of items you can't get from the store and have to order online for delivery like sofas and beds.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    I bought a washing machine from them earlier this year. When I placed the order I specified that I would require it to be delivered either in the evening or at the weekend bacause I would be at work at all other times. This they told me on the phone they could probably do so.

Guess what??!!! As it turns out, washing machines are only delivered by the manufacturer, not Argos themselves, and the manufacturers only deliver Monday to Friday during the day. I ended up having to book a days leave from work to take delivery. Why Argos couldn't have given me this information when I placed the order I cannot understand; all that stuff they gave me about evening or weekend delivery was pure bullshit!

The most annoying thing is I could have gone to a different supplier who would have delivered at the time I wanted.

I would never order anything for home delivery from Argos again! They lied to me!
  • OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We went into the store and bought a chest of drawers and a vanity unit and had to arrange a delivery date so it doesnt always follow that if you go into the store you can get your items there and then.

We're still waiting for another top to the vanity unit because the one that came initially was damaged as were the following three!! I really don't know what they do with them to damage them every time :mad: :(