missing boys

primerprimer Posts: 6,370
Forum Member
http://missingkids.co.uk/missing/

here is the official list of UK missing boys.

there are 2 boys under 13 missing, according to reports police believe they are with their father.

lots of ethnic teenage boys missing unfortunately. i expect thats who people were getting so upset about.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused: A lot of them are girls.

Google individual names and you get the impression that an awful lot of these children/ young people are probably out of the UK with family members. Not that that necessarily makes it any easier for family members who have lost them, or that it means we shouldn't be concerned for their safety.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    :confused: A lot of them are girls.

so they are. :) you can sort by gender, and then by age or timescale.

i searched for boys because some posters were saying that they saw a german woman in portugal on TV and were agreeing with her desire to know why resources weren't being directed to finding 4 missing boys. i wasn't aware of any missing boys so i checked.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    so they are. :) you can sort by gender, and then by age or timescale.

i searched for boys because some posters were saying that they saw a german woman in portugal on TV and were agreeing with her desire to know why resources weren't being directed to finding 4 missing boys. i wasn't aware of any missing boys so i checked.

The thing is the German lady, are these 4 boys British or German, if they are German its a case she should ask her government about not ours.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    The thing is the German lady, are these 4 boys British or German, if they are German its a case she should ask her government about not ours.

I don't think she was out and out asking anyone. she came across as being annoyed at the amount of attention being shown to one case and highlighted other current cases as well.
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »

i quite agree.
    Forum Member
    I don't think she was out and out asking anyone. she came across as being annoyed at the amount of attention being shown to one case and highlighted other current cases as well.

so... she was angry that UK forces are looking for a missing UK child because other unidentified forces in other unidentified nations are not looking for other unidentified missing children? :confused:

no-one has been able to identify the cases she supposedly was highlighting... despite apparently sharing her outrage. ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so... she was angry that UK forces are looking for a missing UK child because other unidentified forces in other unidentified nations are not looking for other unidentified missing children? :confused:

basically, yes. but if she's not that informed on what's going on, all she's going to see, and hear about, is police looking for one person - still. what she said may well have been well intentioned, despite being a tad misinformed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had missed the intent of this thread, not realizing that it was a 'let's slip a Madeleine McCann is getting too much attention' thread in under the radar. 'Parentally kidnapped' and 'believed to be with her mother' are the kind of comments that differentiate these children from her.
    Forum Member
    basically, yes. but if she's not that informed on what's going on, all she's going to see, and hear about, is police looking for one person - still. what she said may well have been well intentioned, despite being a tad misinformed.

well, thats just crazy. i mean, if she saw an ambulance at a traffic accident in (say) france, would she decide to complain about all the (imaginary) traffic accidents in (imaginary) other countries that (imaginarily) weren't being attended to?

i don't think so.

but anyway jason, don't let me stop you from lobbying your mp about all those poor missing ethnic teenagers that you must be so concerned about, as i believe you were one of those who agreed with her.
    Forum Member
    I had missed the intent of this thread, not realizing that it was a 'let's slip a Madeleine McCann is getting too much attention' thread in under the radar.

i think you're reading the tea leaves upside down...:D
    'Parentally kidnapped' and 'believed to be with her mother' are the kind of comments that differentiate these children from her.

i completely agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, thats just crazy. i mean, if she saw an ambulance at a traffic accident in (say) france, would she decide to complain about all the (imaginary) traffic accidents in (imaginary) other countries that (imaginarily) weren't being attended to?

It's not just about a single ambulance though is it ?. It's about multiple ambulances all looking for one specific patient.

If she saw multiple ambulances pull up at the end of her garden all looking for one specific patient, is it not fair to assume she would likely wonder aloud why they aren't actually out looking for other patients ?

She's certainly not the first middle aged person to rant about something without the benefit of the being behind a keyboard and having internet access to verify exactly what she's said ..
    I had missed the intent of this thread, not realizing that it was a 'let's slip a Madeleine McCann is getting too much attention' thread in under the radar. 'Parentally kidnapped' and 'believed to be with her mother' are the kind of comments that differentiate these children from her.

and having added the actual name, you've now consigned this thread to the dustbin ..
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    For goodness sake. What is the matter with people :confused:
    Forum Member
    If she saw multiple ambulances pull up at the end of her garden all looking for one specific patient, is it not fair to assume she would likely wonder aloud why they aren't actually out looking for other patients ..

no. seeing something being done in no ways implies that something else isn't being done.

and in any case, so far we haven't established there are ANY other 'patients' missing. perhaps you can tell us who exactly she was on about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no. seeing something being done in no ways implies that something else isn't being done.

and in any case, so far we haven't established there are ANY other 'patients' missing. perhaps you can tell us who exactly she was on about.

nobody is implying anything. she's merely expressing an opinion based on what she sees. whether it's right or wrong isn't the point - her perception is that the focus seems to be on one case and one case only.

But i'm not about to argue the minutiae of the toss any more so have at it ..
    Forum Member
    nobody is implying anything. she's merely expressing an opinion based on what she sees. whether it's right or wrong isn't the point - her perception is that the focus seems to be on one case and one case only.

But i'm not about to argue the minutiae of the toss any more so have at it ..

I wouldn't call 4 missing boys 'minutiae'. Who are they? Of course it matters if they are real or merely part of her 'perception' invented entirely to attack what is being done for a real missing child.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call 4 missing boys 'minutiae'. Who are they? Of course it matters if they are real or merely part of her 'perception' invented entirely to attack what is being done for a real missing child.

The problem is that, in order to maintain a discussion that has been pulled, you have put in an OP that makes no sense on its own. Someone, unknown, alleges that there are four missing boys, age, nationality and country of disappearance unknown, are are getting more attention than one missing child in Portugal. So you link to a list where all the young children are missing in the context of a custody dispute, which supports no one.

If it helps, there are no other small missing children from the UK who were not part of a custody dispute. There is no point in people endlessly conjuring up imaginary children to support their point; you have to go back to Ben Needham to find another small British child still missing, and the police are doing no more now than they did for him.
    Forum Member
    Do you know, I am starting to think that not only are those 4 missing boys imaginary, but that posters don't actually care about them anyway, and probably wouldn't even if they were real.

Shocking.
    Forum Member
    If it helps, there are no other small missing children from the UK who were not part of a custody dispute. There is no point in people endlessly conjuring up imaginary children to support their point; you have to go back to Ben Needham to find another small British child still missing, and the police are doing no more now than they did for him.

Yes I am with you on all of that, it's sort of what I am trying to say... :blush:

I must say no one has ever accused me of being too subtle before....:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I am with you on all of that, it's sort of what I am trying to say... :blush:

I must say no one has ever accused me of being too subtle before....:D

Woe. :(:blush: You were too subtle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know i'm surprised nobody from DS has rung the woman on the news asking for links as "proof" ..
    Forum Member
    You know i'm surprised nobody from DS has rung the woman on the news asking for links as "proof" ..

I expect most people know it's just her 'perception' and those who share it certainly aren't troubled by evidence, or lack of it.
    Forum Member
    subtle.

It's a good thing. I think. Someone even called me tactful the other day. I think my firebrand may be been involuntarily extinguished... ^_^