Options

Petition to get something done about the bullying of jale

Comments

• Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    I am sorry I posted this now I just don't like seeing people get bullied I get jale can handle herself maybe I was stupid doing the petition

Nothing stupid about it at all, and you shouldn't feel sorry. Maybe a petition isn't the right way to go, but your heart was in the right place. Bullying shouldn't be a spectator sport.
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry I posted this now I just don't like seeing people get bullied I get jale can handle herself maybe I was stupid doing the petition

I don't think you were stupid - please don't let other people make you feel that way. :)
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Oh, I wouldn't disagree with that.

It's the fact that you want victims to 'learn not to be victims', as opposed to 'learn how to spot predators and how to deal with them when they appear'.

Some people are naturally timid, gentle etc.
    I don't want them to change their natural state. I want bullies to be educated and stopped.

Good post. Many a timid person HAS changed their timid nature through bullying and gone on to become a bully. I know I did.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    I don't think you were stupid - please don't let other people make you feel that way. :)

Stupid, maybe not but really rude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Let's just end this I will close the petition
  • Options
    Forum Member
    changa wrote: »
    "love"? Seriously?

The whole point of a forum is that we have differing opinions and we debate them. You shouldn't start a thread and then get all huffy when people disagree with you.

So why didn't you do DO that instead of trying to belittle the OP? You've been doing this lark for twelve years; you should know better.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    It's reactions like this that is probably going to finish off civillian bb

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!

It's Big Brother ,you know a supposedly reality show and guess what it's showing some nice,and some not so nice people just like there is in real Life .

If people are so sensitive perhaps BB isn't the programme for them *rollseyes*
  • Options
    Forum Member

Rude to the ones who was rude to me yeah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rude to the ones who was rude to me yeah

I wasn't rude to you:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    od hominem wrote: »
    So why didn't you do DO that instead of trying to belittle the OP? You've been doing this lark for twelve years; you should know better.

Never got all huffy replied to the ones who disagreed about the petition that's whole point off forums to LET people have there opinions not shut them up when you dint agree with them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wasn't rude to you:confused:

And where have I been rude to you ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And where have I been rude to you ??

Try post 68.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice misdirection.

Who said anyone was enjoying it? Stop imprinting.

Misdirection, my arse, and God knows what 'imprinting is'. There was no need for the attitude you displayed toward the OP. You could've merely stated that you didn't see the need for a petition and left it at that.
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adolf Hitler is the latest to sign up.

Come on, close this bloody thing. It's a complete farce. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was making a comment to the OP, I don't know why you felt the need to jump in. I've been back through this thread and have witnessed more rudeness directed at the OP than the other way round.

Regardless of whether the petition was a good idea or not, there was no need for some of the comments made towards the OP.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misdirection, my arse, and God knows what 'imprinting is'. There was no need for the attitude you displayed toward the OP. You could've merely stated that you didn't see the need for a petition and left it at that.
    Imprinting is when a hunky werewolf fancies a newborn baby that grows at an unusually fast rate :D:p ;-)
  • Options
    planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bullying shouldn't be a spectator sport.

In the absence of Gladiatorial or Hunger Games, I'll take any scraps on offer :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    I was making a comment to the OP, I don't know why you felt the need to jump in. I've been back through this thread and have witnessed more rudeness directed at the OP than the other way round.

Regardless of whether the petition was a good idea or not, there was no need for some of the comments made towards the OP.

I jumped in because she was rude to me and I was not rude to them:confused:
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Should I? Why, because YOU say so?

The type of pass-agg dsiplayed in the post of the OP "If you're happy and comfortable watching someone get bullied that's fine do it I am not" is never going to garner a sweet smiley response from me. I make no apologies for that.

Now, about your misdirection - why did you DO that? Why did you insinuate that I was enjoying the treatment of Jale? Given that you've set yourself up as my moral arbiter, I'm interested in how you came to that conclusion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Good post. Many a timid person HAS changed their timid nature through bullying and gone on to become a bully. I know I did.

ITA - I know of a couple of people who where bullied then became buliies themselves. Makes you wonder what Helen and Pauline were like whenthey were younger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I jumped in because she was rude to me and I was not rude to them:confused:

Then you should tell that to the OP and leave me out of it.
  • Options
    EchoFallsEchoFalls Posts: 3,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.petitions24.com/stop_the_bullying_of_jale Come on let's get this signed and sort out the bullies on big brother !!!

That's pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Should I? Why, because YOU say so?

The type of pass-agg dsiplayed in the post of the OP "If you're happy and comfortable watching someone get bullied that's fine do it I am not" is never going to garner a sweet smiley response from me. I make no apologies for that.

Now, about your misdirection - why did you DO that? Why did you insinuate that I was enjoying the treatment of Jale? Given that you've set yourself up as my moral arbiter, I'm interested in how you came to that conclusion.

That 'misdirection' happens a lot on here.
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D

Get off your high horse and stop trying to pick a fight. Seriously, you're practically frothing.
  • Options
    planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITA - I know of a couple of people who where bullied then became buliies themselves. Makes you wonder what Helen and Pauline were like whenthey were younger.

In Helen's case, being a prostitute can't have been a barrel a laughs in terms of self respect and feeling empowerment. I imagine she has been a victim albeit a voluntary and paid one for a good chunk of her life. That's gotta mess you up to a degree.