Katie Price's new show fails to attract 500,000 viewers.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Katie (Sky Living)
9:00pm 410,000 / 1.7%
slot average: 149,000 / 0.6%
last ITV2 series averaged 1.1m / 4.6%.

info from ratings thread

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1448824

ha ha ha ha :D:D

She may think that ITV didnt look after her, but at least they managed to maintain the viewers!!

Bad move going to sky was it KP?

Comments

• TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    Oh dear :D

After all that publicity too ..... going by another thread, quite a few of those viewers weren`t exactly fans of hers either.

Is 410,000 pretty good for a living tv production?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it had aired on Living last week, it would have been the channel's 3rd most walked show, slightly above Grey's Anatomy and below Bones and Bedlam. So almost certainly not what Living were hoping for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, whether she's just doing it for publicity or not, she does do a lot for charity so I much prefer her to the likes of Kerry Katona and Peter Andre...but it was a bit of a joke last night when I was watching Katie Piper on one channel and then flicked over to see Katie Price getting her hair dyed. One show certainly had a lot more substance ;)
  • avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say I'm surprised - people are getting tired of her antics (not before time)!!

Also - why would people want to watch a show featuring her and Alex, when we all know how that story ended up?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, what a shame. Perhaps people are beginning to see the light at last.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Matt_123 wrote: »
    To be fair, whether she's just doing it for publicity or not, she does do a lot for charity so I much prefer her to the likes of Kerry Katona and Peter Andre...but it was a bit of a joke last night when I was watching Katie Piper on one channel and then flicked over to see Katie Price getting her hair dyed. One show certainly had a lot more substance ;)

Would she do all that if she didnt have Harvey though? I think not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually really heartened about this, and have had a little bit of my faith restored in the human race. I watched the Katie Piper, My Beautiful Friends on C4 and according to the viewing figures so did many more, that hour of television left me feeling humbled but uplifted by the strength and kindness of the women on that show. I'm pretty sure I would not have felt that way after watching Miss Prices show.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was channel hopping & saw a bit of it. she was at the hairdressers in LA getting her hair done. flicked back 10 mins later & she was still at the hairdressers getting her hair done. riveting.......NOT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would she do all that if she didnt have Harvey though? I think not.

Would Katie Piper be helping so many people with disfigurements if she hadn't have been attacked? Probably not either, but I have a lot of respect for her for everything she's done.

Regardless of Price's circumstances, she's raised a lot of money.
    Forum Member

How much has KK and PA raised for charity?
  • WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Crikey, the opening show normally is the highest viewed with figures decreasing for the subsequent shows. If it started off so dismally, where will it end? It looks like Living have shot themselves in the foot with this white elephant! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    How much has KK and PA raised for charity?

I might be wrong about PA actually because I think he does work for the prevention of cruelty against children...but the only charity work I've heard Kerry do is a sell a breast implant for charity :rolleyes: And from what I've seen, her show is just about her ''getting back on track''.

That's not really my main point though, I was just saying Katie Price getting publicity doesn't bother me as much because she does seem to raise a lot of awareness for good causes.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see this offering from Living dying on it's ar*e.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the show has been heavily advertised and she's been doing the usual promo rounds. They will be disappointed with those figures. She made a business mistake by changing channels, or rather her management made the mistake...she probably just says to them, "what w'll make moi maw monay?"
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might be wrong about PA actually because I think he does work for the prevention of cruelty against children...but the only charity work I've heard Kerry do is a sell a breast implant for charity :rolleyes:

PA also does work for a meningitis charity, and I also recall him doing stuff for the vision charity that KP supports.

Plenty of celebs do a lot for charity, so I don't see why KP should be viewed as some kind of special case who is somehow more generous than everyone else. Remember that not all celebs shout from the rooftops about their support of charities - they just get on and do it.

With regards to her show - the real test will come when the second ep of her show airs. Can she build on these viewing figures, or will they decrease? I think KP's main problem is that she just isn't that interesting. Once you've seen one ep of her documentary series, you've seen them all. There's only so many times you can watch KP getting her hair done, arguing with her (now ex) partner or holding court with her sycophants before it stops being entertaining.
  • BeeBoopBeeBoop Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Katie Piper and felt humbled something ive never felt watching Katie Price, says it all really

I dont watch her shows and wont, the womans a national disgrace, a blight the sooner she stops appearing on my tv the better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Plenty of celebs do a lot for charity, so I don't see why KP should be viewed as some kind of special case who is somehow more generous than everyone else. Remember that not all celebs shout from the rooftops about their support of charities - they just get on and do it.

I wasn't talking about all celebrities, just these fame-hungry ones like Katie and Kerry that have their own weekly shows...

Also I think part of celebrities doing actual work for charity (not donating money) should be that they 'shout it from the rooftops', they have a lot more power to influence others after all.
  • WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    s0436 wrote: »
    And the show has been heavily advertised and she's been doing the usual promo rounds. They will be disappointed with those figures. She made a business mistake by changing channels, or rather her management made the mistake...she probably just says to them, "what w'll make moi maw monay?"

She will probably use her quote of the month and say....

It is what it is :yawn::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member

Its a good job she's got a mega blockbuster movie to fall back on along with all this secret production management stuff that no one but her knows about.:D:D
    Forum Member
    stapler333 wrote: »

Its a good job she's got a mega blockbuster movie to fall back on along with all this secret production management stuff that no one but her knows about.:D:D

Jordan Idol and the geek show she`s been signed up for in the States.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have watched the show but unfortunately.... i don't have that channel........:cry:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    Crikey, the opening show normally is the highest viewed with figures decreasing for the subsequent shows. If it started off so dismally, where will it end? It looks like Living have shot themselves in the foot with this white elephant! :)

Pink elephant surely, wakey? Everything that's worthy in KP world is pink. ;)

Didn't see it or any of her promo interviews but it sounds like it was exactly what I expected it to be: a load of self-serving, self-absorbed shite. (O/T I also watched Katie Piper on C4. Now there's worthwhile tv. It was incredibly uplifting despite being heartbreaking at times to watch but such incredible positivity throughout. KP should watch it, it might put a few things in perspective for her.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really dont think it helped her being up against another show called "katie" that was genuine and humbling.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    She is a loathesome piece of trash, but 410,000 on a channel that only 50% of the population receive isn't too bad.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For 'overnight' ratings, they're excellent for a pay channel.

When the officials are out, the figures will be much higher and not far behind Price's ITV2 figures, which is of course available in twice as many homes.

Stupid thread, IMO.